City Of Minneapolis Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 54 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
You’re seeing all 33 jobs at City Of Minneapolis because we can’t find any available jobs at City Of Minneapolis close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 565 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Installation & Maintenance
Given that the City of Minneapolis is the largest city in Minnesota, you would think that they are progressive in their business operations but no. Pay is subpar, not competitive with other small government agencies, strategic thinking, innovation, and new ideas are discouraged. Lots of cooks in the kitchen which makes decision making impossible.
The City unsuccessfully tries to retain staff through high pay, inflated titles/rank and bonuses that are significantly higher than the actual work/authority level of each position. In many departments/offices, it’s not uncommon for most of the staff to be “managers/supervisors,” if only in name. If you you appreciate high pay, good benefits and lots of shameless flattery, AND you don’t care about advancing your career through promotion and acquiring greater decision-making authority over your discipline, then this is the place to be. Also, if you’re a “Straight-White-Male,” beware that enterprise level management positions are difficult-to-impossible for them to get - as all the open executive level leadership roles over the past couple years have not been filled by this diminishing minority at the City of Minneapolis.
I have always had reliable employment and have been given opportunities for advancement over the years. In the big picture it has worked out very well for me.
The City of Minneapolis is a nice place to work for. Manager heavy but most ideas are listened to. The safety of the city itself is the main setback.
Good place to gain knowledge and choose where you want to go. Lots of opportunities to move around. Every job Jess god and bad people to work with or for.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 31 questions about working at City Of Minneapolis. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from City Of Minneapolis employees.
Insights from 30 Indeed users who have interviewed with City Of Minneapolis within the last 5 years.
Various of interview questions about safety, weather, scheduling and so on.
How could i improve our city, what assests could I bring to the city
Why i wanted to work there
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- City Of Minneapolis