City of New Orleans Employee Reviews

Loved my Career !!!
Police Officer IV (Former Employee) –  715 South Broad StreetSeptember 6, 2018
Great job. I served over 27 years and enjoyed every minute. Every day was different and you never knew what to expect. Each call was a test of my ability whic kept me and other up on our skils.
Pros
Service to others
Cons
Changing times !!!!
Workshop Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2018
City of New Orleans opportunity was a great learning experience. I started as an intern and was promoted to a permanent position. Additionally, in later years after the newly appointed Mayor was elected, I was promoted to work with youth as a retention specialist for years after.
Pros
Professional, Room for Advancement
Cons
N/a
very customer friendly
Tax Collections Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 16, 2018
i like working there it was a place were your were well educated on your job an the customers it had lots of training abilities learned a lot about accounting and human relations
N/a
PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 4, 2018
City of New Orleans Parking Division is a decent place to work. They offer great benefits. Management is sometimes unprofessional, but other than that, the job is laid back.
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2018
it was a great learning experience to work in the property management office.

It was a paid internship during my first summer after graduating highschool.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
parking
Interesting workplace to learn juvenile procedures.
Institutional Counselor III/ Police Tech (Current Employee) –  1100 Milton StreetApril 24, 2018
A typical day of work is preparing the log if and when children come in for a charge. I have learned about the juveniles law. the workplace culture is working with police officers. The hardest part of the job is working on Sunday. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the youth go home.
Pros
Inside of a jail. Work on Sunday.
Cons
Healthcare, Sick and Annual days.
Great
Office Support Document Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2018
Great environment. loved the staff, family feel. Had fun times dealing with different personalities. Great attitudes. Pay was mediocre but it was worth working there.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Pay
City of New Orleans
Parking control officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 4, 2018
I loved writing parking tickets it was a good job to have and I moved on to work in law enforcement which is a ok job to have for the moment but walking a beat and writing parking tickets was lovely.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70112March 18, 2018
Able to do multiple jobs to advance knowledge base of IT field. Given the ability to advance career by allowing personnel the ability to work in different jobs.
Post-Katrina project very muddled
Founding Principal/Fellow (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 14, 2018
Worked within a very corrupt management structure in the City of New Orleans (CONO). Engaged six months after Katrina hit New Orleans. Responsible for planning processes for subsequent hurricane events--very bad initial situation, e.g., the IT computer systems were located in the basement of the official state government building, obviously subject to flooding in case of a hurricane. Focused on the processes of setting up backup plan for coping with another hurricane by moving IT support to a remote facility, evacuating the city including accommodating pets (major issued with Katrina) and people with bed-ridden ailments.

Also carried out other projects with Slipglass.
Pros
Good team of contractors to work with.
Cons
Lack of trust in CONO management.
I worked assisting the Citizens of the City of New Orleans
Revenue Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2018
My experience working at the City of New Orleans has helped me evolve into the person I am today. I enjoyed assisting tax payment and advising them based on my review of their situations.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to advance
Ok job
Taxicab Investigator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 21, 2017
It was a fun environment , and I met a lot of people. You didn’t have anyone micromanaging you but management tended to show favoritism and talk bad about others at time.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Not enough pay
Very tedious
Private Contractual Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 21, 2017
Working for the city of new orleans has a lot of good benefits ... the staff is very friendly and the work you do makes you feel like youre really helping people in need ...
Pros
Benefits and off days
Cons
Short breaks, political presense
Working for the City Of New Orleans
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2017
Working for the City Of New Orleans is not hard, It's a great place to work. You learn a lot and meet new people. You meet people from all over the world.
Job Summary
Office Assistant Receptionist Safety & Permits (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2017
Overall terrible leadership. Unorganized workplace. Terrible compensation. Work not evenly divided. Paid parking . positive thing was having holidays off.
Relaxed and Slow paced
Airport Transportation Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work was making your rounds making sure no one is parked illegally and checking cab operators for necessary credentials to work and sometimes assistant office administrator.
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
Work in all type of weather
Very hostile environment
Economic Development Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 2, 2017
Over my many years in the workforce, I have never worked in a more hostile environment. There was little support for the work I was required to do. Management was non-existent.
Pros
Got to meet so many experts during the recovery
Cons
Terrible managment
productive
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 13, 2017
My work day consist of vehicle maintenance on all city vehicles. I enjoy working with mechanics who have knowledge and i can learn from. Although i went to school for diesel mechanic, there is nothing like hands on experience.
productive enviroment
Police Officer in New Orleans (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2017
productive workplace, born ans raised in the city of new orleans . raised my family there . same problems as any big city in the United States wonderful culture
Working in the Capital Projects Administration was great experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 22, 2017
Working in the Capital Projects Administration has been a great experience. I work with a lot of good people on a number of interesting and challenging projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of New Orleans. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight