City of Oakland, CA Careers and Employment
You’re seeing all 34 jobs at City of Oakland, CA because we can’t find any available jobs at City of Oakland, CA close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 900 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Security & Public Safety
It was so-so. Lots of crime (especially during any political or sports event). But you get the job done and go on about your day. Management is overworked, but what manager isn’t.
Very bad place to work. Terrible culture. Employees in the same exact position but with more seniority want to boss you around like the supervisor. They lied about what I would be doing to get me to accept the job. I got hurt and everyone told me not to report it because they would fire me
Working here is really a goof ball of politics. Even when it seems to be indirect. The job is okay. I work in a small department no room for growth. If planning to join look for a classification that had upward movement.
Highly fast paced and dynamic work environment. People are mostly kind and competent, with the exception being a few ego driven, ambitious folks mixed in. There was little training and evaluation protocols, so I really had to insist on getting useful feedback from my manager. Lots of effort put in to keep up team morale. You will be surrounded by people motivated by passion over profit. For the workload, I was moderately underpaid.
Some of the staff do seem motivated and interested in what they do. There is a lot of bureaucracy though and some of the staff seem satisfied with achieving the minimum required to keep the job. It just makes it hard to get things done when the larger organization does not move forward or facilitate getting things done due to either the red tape or the lack of motivation.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 9 questions about working at City of Oakland, CA. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from City of Oakland, CA employees.
Insights from 0 Indeed users who have interviewed with City of Oakland, CA within the last 5 years.
Where did you work I beforehand?
They asked me a lot of accounting and financial questions since we dealt with the money on a daily basis in the meter collection department
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- City of Oakland, CA