15 years procurement experience
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) – Palm Springs, CA – May 18, 2015
• Obtain price quotations; analyze responses to determine best value to City and conformity to City’s requirements.
• Consult with various City department personnel regarding their procurement needs.
• Provide technical assistance in preparing complex specifications and statements of work and prepare and conduct competitive solicitation processes for both commodities and services.
• Conduct product and source research and identify cost saving opportunities.
• Administer procedures in accordance with City policies and ordinances.
• Process electronic Requisitions into Purchase Orders and prepare Change Orders and Blanket Purchase Orders.
• Analyze bids and proposals; negotiate; prepare and process contract service agreements, including insurance and bonds.