CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews

Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 25, 2018
Work is well balanced. Hard to move up within your department. Great workers in every department. Hours are decent. Not much overtime or training......
want a promotion? be prepared to wait a long time.
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 5, 2018
a lot of changes in just a few years with a lot of customers unable to catch up. current director sees the staff as expendable. one positive is that we get many holidays off work.
Advancement was slow
Traffic Signal Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 3, 2018
According to the state average I was about $4 under paid. After all my testing and training I received a 60 cent raise. The only other time I received a raise was the city wide raise that was 2-3 percent. It didn't matter how hard you work the raise was not based on you and that makes it hard to advance.
Pros
Very laid-back
Cons
Hard to advance
Nice to work there and fun.
Electrical Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 8, 2018
I loved working there..had a lot of fun and we got good raises. I would like to go back again some day. The environment was nice and the people where very helpful.
Busy organization committed to serving its constituents to the best of its ability
Management Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 6, 2018
The City of Pasadena is incredibly diverse and it strives its best to meet the needs of all its constituents. It encourages community involvement at all levels and has a reputation of being responsive to its community, which given the diversity, can be challenging as there are many time dichotomous points of view. However, the City Council is supportive of staff and does it's best to reach decisions and conclusions that are in the best interest of the entire City.
Good steady job rain or shine just not enough money
Crew Leader/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 31, 2018
Was a good place to learn machinery and how to work and excavate with different underground obstacles in the way such as gas lines, electrical lines, and telephone lines.
Pros
Holiday pay, paid vacation, and paid sick days
Cons
Insurance sky high, and not enough pay
I worked for the MASH program
Office Assistant, Department of Public Works (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 23, 2018
It’s a great program and you learn a lot and it has great opportunities. The pay is great you can become permanent also. Just go and give it your all and great things can happen for you.
Pros
Every other Friday off
My review is an honest one
Painter (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA 91109March 4, 2018
Working backwards is never my intention, either is wasting the taxpayers money.
Having the wrong people running departments and or Stealing money from other departments is not the way.
Not too bad
Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Overall, not a bad place to work, considering where I've been. Tasks that were given to me were manageable. I had time during the day to work on MS-Cyber Security as well.
The City Of Pasaden
Water System Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This was so amazing to me I got good review from Supervisor ,but bad luck hit me.Iwas driving up the hill side of reservior rthe tire hit curb did not think nothing the Supervisor look at it was okay.The Motor Pool Dept said they had to send the truck out the frame was bend.I did not think i hit it hard at all.They like me I stay one year the last day of my probation they let me go. This was very hurtful exerience in life to have that job and the result that happen.
Cons
healthcare
Not much to say
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 23, 2018
It can be a great place to work, and it can be a not so great place to work. It depends on the department and the management in that department. Departments each seem to have their own culture. New mayor, verdict is still out on that, maybe not a change for the better. Top heavy staffing at top that surrounds the mayor, he's not accessible and bloats the budget. Benefits costs are going up and up while value is going down. If you do your job and don't make waves you will probably be ok. A lot of people have been here for a long time. But don't be a squeaky wheel.
Park Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 13, 2018
It’s definitely something different if you’ve never done work like this. we got to go to different place and see different things. you also have to be cautious with this type of job also , but overall it’s a good job to work
This was a complete nightmare
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 10, 2018
I worked in Housing for the City of Pasadena. It is a horrible work environment. Gossip and drama are a daily assurance. II would not work in that department with the current management.
Pros
Cons
management, gossip drama
Cool place to work.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 24, 2018
You would think by now that I wouldn't have to write this out but I do so whatever. You get what you get and that is all. So if anyone actually reads this. LOL.
Productive and fun place to work at
Robotics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Working for Park and recreation for the City of Pasadena is very fun and interesting. Only if you are comfortable with working with kids as you get to help the community
Pros
Fun, good pay
Fun employers that worked with me
RECREATIONAL LEADER I (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 29, 2017
I loved being around the children. I first found it a little bit stressful because I was never around kids this much but it got easier as the weeks passed and I grew a great relationship with them.
Excellent for students or retirees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA 91101October 16, 2017
I worked here for over 10 years and I loved it, the only reason I left was because I had recently moved and the commute was killer. I enjoyed the team I was a part of as well as my manager, she was amazing. I learned a lot and did a lot of growing up in that company, I would definitely recommend this job to anyone but mostly to students or retirees because it is a part time job, you mostly shelve but you also monitor the computer lab as well as work in the children's wing.
Pros
team members, the hours, the management
Cons
the hours, it is manual labor
decent place to work except lack of pay
Journeyman Electrician-Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 17, 2017
direct supervisor wasn't licensed nor did he have a HS diploma
department head was bipolar and never knew what to expect
once we got away from the office facility it was a good place to be
Pros
lots of PTO good bennifits
Cons
low pay poor management
You always make your 40
Vactor 2100 Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 11, 2017
Pretty much on call once clocked in. I would drive my Jet truck and use as needed by crew. Not any real overtime but you always get your 40. And you can't complain about that
Pros
40 hours
Cons
low pay
It was a fun and happy place to work
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 10, 2017
The time I had there was fun, nice and controlled and did a good job at teaching responsibility. The days at some times were very hot and at times very long but it was worth it
Pros
Time in the sun and water
Cons
Long time on stand, short breaks, heat