CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews

It wasn't horrible.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 11, 2018
The job itself was fine. However there is no money. Therefore all systems, programs and procedures were incredibly outdated. In all my years working, I can not ever remember filing paper into a cabinet. The city has files dating back to the early 2000's on actual hard copy paper. I attempted on several occasions to update practices on how to record and keep data, but was told no each time. The city does not believe or have a willingness to progress.
Good job Good place to work
CSW Maintenance Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 12, 2018
Good job,good people that you work with. Collaborate with each other when we have large jobs that's a bit much for one crew to handle. The other crews come together to help!!!
great workplace
SENIOR STAFF ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 4, 2018
The city of Pasadena is great place to work at. I work with a great group of people and get a long with everyone. The work is challenging and keeps you very busy, and i like to be busy. the hardest part of my job is, when reports are due and i don't get them in a timely manner, it ends up being a rush job to make sure everything gets out on time.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
better Dental benifits
Good so far
Management Analyst III / AP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 1, 2018
So far the work is good but the poor management in my department likes to micro manage which hinders the chance of making a quality contribution. They have increased my anxiety and concern based on biased approaches.
Productive Work Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERICAL ASSISTIANT (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TexasSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoy the fast pace really enjoy assisting people.

Customer Service is a high priority and assisting a caller that is not happy I make it my goal to see that they are happy and satisfied with my assistance at the end of the call.
Pros
Helping People
Fun and very nice employees
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 21, 2018
The pool management regarding the locations manager wasn’t the best but the supervisor and everything else regarding the pool were great and went by smoothly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staff
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 25, 2018
Work is well balanced. Hard to move up within your department. Great workers in every department. Hours are decent. Not much overtime or training......
want a promotion? be prepared to wait a long time.
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 5, 2018
a lot of changes in just a few years with a lot of customers unable to catch up. current director sees the staff as expendable. one positive is that we get many holidays off work.
fun
Instructor IV (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 30, 2018
Pretty good work environment for people who love kids, great schedule for people who love part time work. They pay well based off your work experience.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Holidays not paid
Busy but good place to work
Staff Assistant III & IV/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 7, 2018
Learned a lot working with the public for many years. The most enjoyable part of the job was I liked the people I worked with and there was always something to do.
Pros
breaks lunches Healthcare, dential
Advancement was slow
Traffic Signal Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 3, 2018
According to the state average I was about $4 under paid. After all my testing and training I received a 60 cent raise. The only other time I received a raise was the city wide raise that was 2-3 percent. It didn't matter how hard you work the raise was not based on you and that makes it hard to advance.
Pros
Very laid-back
Cons
Hard to advance
Nice to work there and fun.
Electrical Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 8, 2018
I loved working there..had a lot of fun and we got good raises. I would like to go back again some day. The environment was nice and the people where very helpful.
Busy organization committed to serving its constituents to the best of its ability
Management Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 6, 2018
The City of Pasadena is incredibly diverse and it strives its best to meet the needs of all its constituents. It encourages community involvement at all levels and has a reputation of being responsive to its community, which given the diversity, can be challenging as there are many time dichotomous points of view. However, the City Council is supportive of staff and does it's best to reach decisions and conclusions that are in the best interest of the entire City.
Good steady job rain or shine just not enough money
Crew Leader/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 31, 2018
Was a good place to learn machinery and how to work and excavate with different underground obstacles in the way such as gas lines, electrical lines, and telephone lines.
Pros
Holiday pay, paid vacation, and paid sick days
Cons
Insurance sky high, and not enough pay
I worked for the MASH program
Office Assistant, Department of Public Works (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 23, 2018
It’s a great program and you learn a lot and it has great opportunities. The pay is great you can become permanent also. Just go and give it your all and great things can happen for you.
Pros
Every other Friday off
My review is an honest one
Painter (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA 91109March 4, 2018
Working backwards is never my intention, either is wasting the taxpayers money.
Having the wrong people running departments and or Stealing money from other departments is not the way.
Not too bad
Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Overall, not a bad place to work, considering where I've been. Tasks that were given to me were manageable. I had time during the day to work on MS-Cyber Security as well.
The City Of Pasaden
Water System Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This was so amazing to me I got good review from Supervisor ,but bad luck hit me.Iwas driving up the hill side of reservior rthe tire hit curb did not think nothing the Supervisor look at it was okay.The Motor Pool Dept said they had to send the truck out the frame was bend.I did not think i hit it hard at all.They like me I stay one year the last day of my probation they let me go. This was very hurtful exerience in life to have that job and the result that happen.
Cons
healthcare
Not much to say
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 23, 2018
It can be a great place to work, and it can be a not so great place to work. It depends on the department and the management in that department. Departments each seem to have their own culture. New mayor, verdict is still out on that, maybe not a change for the better. Top heavy staffing at top that surrounds the mayor, he's not accessible and bloats the budget. Benefits costs are going up and up while value is going down. If you do your job and don't make waves you will probably be ok. A lot of people have been here for a long time. But don't be a squeaky wheel.
Park Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 13, 2018
It’s definitely something different if you’ve never done work like this. we got to go to different place and see different things. you also have to be cautious with this type of job also , but overall it’s a good job to work