CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews

Long process to get hired.
Recreation Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 21, 2019
The interview/pre job screening was quite intense for a position that did not turn out to be much of anything. Supervisor was great and tried hard to give me hours, but didn't pan out
Fun enviroment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2019
different vibes everyday , always different people around , management was fun to be around even outside of the job. the job taught me how to be more relaxed
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Positive
Recreation Leader III (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Working with children and learning how to keep them entertained and happy was the main goal. I learned a lot throughout this experience. Patience was a virtue that I learned to cultivate
nice to place to work
Pasadena (Former Employee) –  City of Pasadena, TXJanuary 15, 2019
City of Pasadena is a good place to work at. Learned a lot of legal issues with properties. Also learned a little of the food side as well.Head management awesome but the lower manger something else.
It wasn't horrible.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 11, 2018
The job itself was fine. However there is no money. Therefore all systems, programs and procedures were incredibly outdated. In all my years working, I can not ever remember filing paper into a cabinet. The city has files dating back to the early 2000's on actual hard copy paper. I attempted on several occasions to update practices on how to record and keep data, but was told no each time. The city does not believe or have a willingness to progress.
Great City to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 9, 2018
I worked at the Health Department as the Cashier/Customer Service Rep. I took payment from customer for service that they had done.
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy when there was not customers in line. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help a person who did not think you can help them.
Good job Good place to work
CSW Maintenance Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 12, 2018
Good job,good people that you work with. Collaborate with each other when we have large jobs that's a bit much for one crew to handle. The other crews come together to help!!!
great workplace
SENIOR STAFF ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 4, 2018
The city of Pasadena is great place to work at. I work with a great group of people and get a long with everyone. The work is challenging and keeps you very busy, and i like to be busy. the hardest part of my job is, when reports are due and i don't get them in a timely manner, it ends up being a rush job to make sure everything gets out on time.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
better Dental benifits
Good so far
Management Analyst III / AP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 1, 2018
So far the work is good but the poor management in my department likes to micro manage which hinders the chance of making a quality contribution. They have increased my anxiety and concern based on biased approaches.
Productive Work Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERICAL ASSISTIANT (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TexasSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoy the fast pace really enjoy assisting people.

Customer Service is a high priority and assisting a caller that is not happy I make it my goal to see that they are happy and satisfied with my assistance at the end of the call.
Pros
Helping People
Good money and benefits
POLICE DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 26, 2018
Good job with good pay and good benefits. You don't need a degree to be hired. It is fast paced at times and also relaxed at times. Work load is dependent on call volume and there are no "deadlines" to meet. Overall a good place to work for 10 or 40 years.
Fun and very nice employees
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 21, 2018
The pool management regarding the locations manager wasn’t the best but the supervisor and everything else regarding the pool were great and went by smoothly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staff
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 25, 2018
Work is well balanced. Hard to move up within your department. Great workers in every department. Hours are decent. Not much overtime or training......
want a promotion? be prepared to wait a long time.
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 5, 2018
a lot of changes in just a few years with a lot of customers unable to catch up. current director sees the staff as expendable. one positive is that we get many holidays off work.
fun
Instructor IV (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 30, 2018
Pretty good work environment for people who love kids, great schedule for people who love part time work. They pay well based off your work experience.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Holidays not paid
Busy but good place to work
Staff Assistant III & IV/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 7, 2018
Learned a lot working with the public for many years. The most enjoyable part of the job was I liked the people I worked with and there was always something to do.
Pros
breaks lunches Healthcare, dential
Advancement was slow
Traffic Signal Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 3, 2018
According to the state average I was about $4 under paid. After all my testing and training I received a 60 cent raise. The only other time I received a raise was the city wide raise that was 2-3 percent. It didn't matter how hard you work the raise was not based on you and that makes it hard to advance.
Pros
Very laid-back
Cons
Hard to advance
Nice to work there and fun.
Electrical Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 8, 2018
I loved working there..had a lot of fun and we got good raises. I would like to go back again some day. The environment was nice and the people where very helpful.
Busy organization committed to serving its constituents to the best of its ability
Management Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 6, 2018
The City of Pasadena is incredibly diverse and it strives its best to meet the needs of all its constituents. It encourages community involvement at all levels and has a reputation of being responsive to its community, which given the diversity, can be challenging as there are many time dichotomous points of view. However, the City Council is supportive of staff and does it's best to reach decisions and conclusions that are in the best interest of the entire City.
Good steady job rain or shine just not enough money
Crew Leader/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 31, 2018
Was a good place to learn machinery and how to work and excavate with different underground obstacles in the way such as gas lines, electrical lines, and telephone lines.
Pros
Holiday pay, paid vacation, and paid sick days
Cons
Insurance sky high, and not enough pay