CITY OF PASADENA Employee Review

View all CITY OF PASADENA reviews

Great Work Environment with a Various Work Load
Principal Power Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 26, 2013
This job is the greatest job I have ever had. The work is challenging and fast paced as the work environment is in a dynamic flux. Having a presence in the control center at the hub of an electrical utility power distribution system is quite awe inspiring and very exciting. We work with a crew of two dispatchers monitoring the system with a coordinator and a supervisor to oversee operations, policy and procedures. They make it so the focus of the system operators is uninterrupted and worry free. The upper management is friendly with very clear executive leadership and a dynamic vision. The hardest part of the job is leaving everyday because the level of commitment is so intense by all employees that they just do not want to leave. There is great camaraderie within the crews and open communication is not only essential but encouraged.
As a whole, this field is an exciting field to work in, but at this job site, there is an unique and enjoyable work experience to be had.
Pros
Flexible lunch times and open communication with management to address any concerns immediately.
Cons
Call out requirement and rotating shift work.

Other CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews

no review
Fleet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 17, 2018
I do not want to write a review of my employer. But I have to write 150 characters minimum just so I can move forward. The city is a good place to work.
Pros
job security
Cons
slow advancement
want a promotion? be prepared to wait a long time.
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 5, 2018
a lot of changes in just a few years with a lot of customers unable to catch up. current director sees the staff as expendable. one positive is that we get many holidays off work.