City of Pembroke Pines Employee Reviews

City Government
Police officer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 30, 2018
Great City just tough location. City had major growth after Hurricane Andrew and wasn't prepared for it. Today it is still one of the premier Cities in S. Florida.
High Standards Organization
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 17, 2018
Great working environment. Continuing training provided and CPR/FIrst Aid always up to date. Excellent structure in the classroom. Workplace culture was diverse and fun.
Pros
Ongoing Training
Cons
Part-time salary and benefits
Great environment, wonderful coworkers
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke PinesMarch 9, 2018
I overall love this job. Being a teacher is definitely a rewarding experience. The atmosphere is great to work in and the co workers are so helpful and friendly.
Job Gradification
Retired Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 7, 2018
25 years on this job provided me with impressive work ethics and excellent customer skills. In addition I became very close with my fellow firefighters and built a bond that will last a lifetime. Fire Department was ran very professionally and training was continuous so that we were all kept up to date on changes and new ways of taking care of our city and patients.
Pros
excellent work environment, great work schedule, job security, great pension
Cons
Summary
Senior Pool Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for the city of Pembroke pines as a lifeguard and swim Instructor for the past 3 years. I worked with enthusiastic individuals that loved being there as much as i did. i was able to work with along side some of the best taught instructors and responsible lifeguards the city had to offer. I was comfortable working alongside these individuals whom love their job as much as i did. I loved especially teaching the summer lessons for the city. It was rewarding to be able to teach someone to learn how to become confident and learn how to swim.
Pros
teaching, learning, observeing others, working as a team
Cons
stormy days
Very rewarding
Fire Department Captain/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 17, 2018
The job was the most rewarding job I could have ever done. I was able to lead men and women to all aspects of the firefighting profession. Saving lives and property every shift is something that I loved to do for 25 years.
Good company to work for.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Parks and Recreation. Kept parks clean, rest rooms ,maintained. Opened and closed parks on regular basis. Kept several different parks maintained during a given weeks with rotating hours. Emptied trash cans, kept fountains clean, maintained soccer and hockey areas clean. Fellow employees worked together and environment good.
Cons
Transferred to another company in 2016
Lifeguard for Pembroke Pines
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 2, 2017
Maintained pool and deck aesthetics, watched for accidents, bandaged patron wounds, completed Red Cross Lifeguard and CPR certification. Counted register, opened and closed the pool facility
Best career development and benefits for long term employment
Utility Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 3, 2017
I had the great opportunity to learn many skills that have proven to be an asset to me and my family. My coworkers are still long term friends that I still have today. The toughest part was dealing the political issues and the governing politician.
Pros
benefits, pension and relationships
Cons
political impacts and city managed by politicians
Easy work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 1, 2017
It was just a part time job at one of the parks so I cant say too much on the actual city work. Its was a chill job to work while going to school as they had flexible hours.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not paid well
Lifeguard
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 8, 2017
Awesome city to work for. Out of the 4 years I worked there I highly recommend it. All the staff is friendly and we all got along great. Events around the city were also fun
it was a good job
Authorized Contractor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 31, 2017
I loved the job and being able to work outside. It was a good work environment and most the people had good work ethics. the only downfall was the heat in the summer.
Great City
Micrographics Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 27, 2017
This was a great place to work in. Great for an entry level position, work hours were manageable and flexible. Compensation was great and had potential to grow.
Good Experience
soccer coach (Former Employee) –  Pembroke PinesJune 10, 2017
While I was only a volunteer the company was a still a fun and enjoyable place to work, management was cool and willing to work with your individual needs as a worker
Excellent work environment and work ethics
Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The best work environment I have ever been in, it´s a great institution to work for.
Nice co-workers that function as a team.
Great facilities with all the supplies and equipment needed for the activities.
Great pay for teachers and freedom to create the art programs.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
only par-time art teaching positions
Middle school teaching in an almost private setting.
Middle School Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 4, 2016
Middle school teaching in an almost private setting. Small contained school. Have not been there in 10 years. Have heard there have been salary cuts.
There was always something positive to look forward to each and every day.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 27, 2016
It was always very pleasant being around and working with the seniors the facility and care givers were all very nice. the sorrundings and working environment was always a healthy one the clients are always looking forward to being there because there was always something interesting to do such as attending computer classes,art playing pool among other things
Constantly active
Parks and Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 19, 2016
Daily interaction with customers
Organizing staff schedule
Time cards
Very respectful
Great individuals to work around
The constant flow of work
Great City
Youth Division Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City of Pembroke Pines, but with very little positions it is difficult to find advancement in career.
Pros
Great city to live and work in
Very Friendly to work for
Clerical Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 24, 2016
My work experience grew a lot based on what I had to experience working for a Police Department.
I had to harden my emotions a little and review cases that have content that most people don't see on a daily basis
My co-workers were very friendly and always willing to pitch in when others needed help
The hardest part of my job was leaving when I moved out of the County
It took a while to earn management respect, but overtime management realized the importance of the records department.
Pros
Very flexible hours and approachable
Cons
sometimes the lack of communication between department