City of Peoria, AZ Employee Reviews

Hard to fit in
Peoria (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 1, 2018
You have to know the people within the city to be hired on and liked. It's like a high school click within the management. Go through the interviewing process, hired and than told not enough enrollees.
Pros
Location and hours
Cons
Lead you on but never follow through.
Easy Job
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 5, 2018
This was a very easy fun job. Getting to watch kids and go on field trips was great! The hardest part of the job was trying to talk to any of the supervisors and getting time off for anything was hard.
political
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 27, 2018
Job was good but atmosphere very political and stressful.
Lot of employees on staff for political reasons that did not want to work so added to stress of operating an efficient utility.
Pros
Good Challenge
Cons
Lazy employees to political
Wonderful place to work
Rec Leader (Current Employee) –  AZMarch 16, 2018
It is such a happy upbeat place with amazing people to be around. The kids are so much fun to interact with and be around. I wouldn’t want any other job.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No cons
Hired as a contract worker.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 28, 2018
Need a work 40 hrs something with benifits. As I was hired have been getting 40 hrs regularly but with fiscal year coming it's not in the budget anymore till possible end of June .
Pros
City job
Cons
Not hired as permanet employee
Fun positive environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 24, 2018
I was only here for a year and we had 3 managers. It was difficult to find stability and gain knowledge for future advancement. The CS representative position was busy, upbeat and enjoyable.
Pros
Weekly meeting so we were in the loop
Cons
Stability
Good employer retirement system
Detective / Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Busy atmosphere part of Phoenix metro hub, more resources planning required city has not kept pace with demands of population and other requirements of city.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Resources not evaluated correctly
Fast paced. Day went by fast
Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 6, 2018
Productive and challenging. Learned time management, Had to learn to multi task. Learned to work with everyone in department had to depend on each other,
Pros
Day went by fast
Fun workplace with various activities to do with the kids
Recreational Leader 1 (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 20, 2017
I absolutely love working for the City of Peoria so far. I work in the AMPM program. My job is to basically supervise students and oversee game playing, coloring, and other activities. Also ensuring their safety and the tidiness of the environment. It is a pretty chill atmosphere and well managed. There is nothing hard about this job at all. Except for when the kids have disputes and you need to decide the most fair solution. The most enjoyable part of this job is participating in activities with the students. I would recommend working here 100%!
Pros
Accomodating to your schedule, working with children, decent pay for a part-time job
Cons
None come to mind
i loved working with them aways worked as a team
Recreational Leader III (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 4, 2017
I loved working there wish i didn't move but moving back to phoenix .
i like that we got to interact with different people , worked with kids it was fun and hard but a good place to work for . the statff was good to work with very organized and alot of team effort .the only thing i wish was more hours
Pros
managment great good pay
Cons
more hours and benefits
Great company
Rec 1 (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 24, 2017
I love going to work, I love being able to have an effect on the children's lives and have good days with them. Management is good, the best part is really the children, they make the job what it is. The hardest part is learning the children in the beginning and getting to know what they like dont like and etc.
Pros
children
Cons
learning someones house.
No forward momentum
Recreational Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 16, 2017
Love the programs they offer, but in the Community Services area they have no interest in evolving and being better. It's more important to place blame for our errors instead of learning and growing from them.
landscapeing mariners padres
Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 12, 2017
I really loved working here and learned a lot. but I really missed Omaha and phoenix is just to hot some days reached over 120 degrees but the managers where awesome there
Great culture, great place to grow
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 3, 2017
I started as an intern about 9 months ago and this organization is highly professional and great to it's employees. The benefits are fantastic, there is opportunity to grow, and there is good life balance. The jobs and departments are so different though that its really like each department is its own organization.
Pros
Extremely professional, great benefits, and a sense of belonging. Management really cares about its employees and proves that time and ti
Cons
Advancement is trickier because there isn't a great deal of turnover.
Census
Census Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 1, 2017
Training for the census job was thorough. Access to supervisor for any questions was very good. I felt comfortable asking questions and checking in for guidance. Very autonomous, which I didn't mind. Everyone involved was helpful and friendly.
The hardest part of the job was getting folks to come to the door!
I enjoyed the people that I worked under and with. It was easy to discuss issues and get feedback about how to best go about the job.
Pros
Autonomous
Cons
Apartment building stairs
helps make ends meet
Special interest class instructor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 10, 2017
City of Peoria is flexible with your work, home, and life schedule.
They will adjust more or less hours for you if needed and will place you in an area that fits your capabilities
Pros
flexible
Good job
Crew Leader, Special Census (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 23, 2017
Met a lot of great employees. The opportunity to help the city conduct this census was rewarding. I would do it all over again if available. Thank you.
Great place to be employed.
Judicial Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 26, 2017
City of Peoria is a wonderful place to be employed. For further review I prefer to discuss fully in detail to any perspective employers.
Not a fun place to work
Human Resources Specialist/Workforce (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 11, 2016
A lot of cliques within the department. Management is a joke. They are too busy not doing their jobs and trying to be their employees girlfriends. No room for growth unless you are in good with management.
Pros
Off every Friday, good benefits, nice people.
Cons
Unprofessional and management does not address issues in the department.
Strong workgroups
Public Information Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 22, 2016
The City of Peoria is an exciting work environment with excellent management. If you are hired by the City, you are considered one of the best in your profession.