City of Plano, Texas Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2018
They are really heavy on knowing your skills, especially during the summer when a lot more people start going out into the pool. The employees are great but you need to understand just because you are a lifeguard doesn't mean it's not work.
Great City
Aquatics/ Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 5, 2018
PLano was a very nice area to work in. Great environment and great facilities throughout the entire city. Good structure which helped me further my career and advancement.,
Worked in Parks and Recreation Dept. Fun and learning place to work.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I worked for and with many of the same employees for 25 years. The department was small when I first began working there, and grew each year I was there. The department was award winning and was a really fun place to work.
Pros
Wonderful staff and boss, good benefits, comp time off
Cons
None that I am aware of
Terrible Experience
TV Watcher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Wish I could go back in time and convince myself not to take this job. I would have been better off staying at my previous dead end job. Although I was able to catch up on a few shows I was behind on, so I guess it's not all negative.
Poorly managed
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2017
Job was not as advertised. Supervisor did not provide any valuable coaching on improving in the position or provide concrete examples of what should be produced to be successful.
My Favorite Job So Far
Master-Intern (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 11, 2017
Applying for this internship was the best decision I've ever made. The people are kind,welcoming,and a great source of networking possibilities. They gave me a great project to work with---and I am forever thankful.
Pros
great pay, great experience, great people
Cons
there wasn't a full-time position open for what I was doing
Favorite job ever!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 8, 2017
This was the best job I ever had. I would still be there if I didn't move. The people were great and you get to play with animals all day. It is a municipal job so you cant beat the benefits.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work great people to work around. They work with on family time and on taking time off. The pay is okay benefits are really good as well as retirement plan.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Great atmosphere, excellent team and management. I learned time management and daily planning, team work, and working with others. The job was fast paced, and tedious.
Good learning experience
Fire Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2017
City of Plano is a good place to learn about local government. Working for the fire department was a great learning experience and the team really stuck together.
bad management
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 16, 2017
management in the water department is horrible. people talk about people non stop and no one does anything. there are to many people working in the water department so most of the day you sit there & do nothing.
Pros
Boring job
Cons
Boring job
Working at the City of Plano
Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  City of Plano, TXJuly 27, 2017
Management would have me work on an assigned project with detailed meeting with our PMO office to get specific details. I always had a timeline and always met my deadlines while bringing a project in at or under budget.

The hardest part of my job was unexpected project creep.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the technical challenges and being able to work with some of the finest people.

I have been fortunate to be able to meet and work with some of the brightest minds in the I.T. industry while being mentored and then helping other through my past experiences.
Pros
CBT Nuggets on-line courses.
Cons
Not enough staff
The job is ok, but some of the people that work there are not so much
Court Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 13, 2017
The job is ok, but some of the people that work there are not so much. The work is interesting once you get an understanding of the process. The training could be better, and asking for help usually turns into an ordeal with the lack of others wanting to assist with a question or an issue that might be out of the norm.
Professional company
COURT CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 3, 2017
A good place to work. It was a demanding job but they tried to treat everyone fairly. The hours and benefits were great. I enjoyed the continued education provided/
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Demanding
Not the place for everyone
Customer & Utility Services Rep II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 27, 2017
This isnt a place for everyone, the politics involed in working in local government is stressful at best. changes arent the problem, but the fear of citizens by management is.
Pros
close to home
Cons
many
Amazing job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 19, 2017
The City offered advancement within, support from management, and continuous opportunities to learn. The City has competitive pay, is very organized, and also lays out very clearly what the job expectations are.
Well maintained and balanced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2017
I enjoy coming to work daily and being able to learn to new things. I am able to take on new tasks and expand on procedures. We work very well as a team and that is important to me.
Stable employement
Sr. Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 31, 2017
Great benefits and stable work history. I loved City of Plano and enjoyed being part of their team. Has some problems with management doing their part but overall great place to work.
benefits
Cons
healthcare
911 Operator/PD dispatcher
911 Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 8, 2017
Typically the work is pretty mundane, interspersed with absolute chaos. The best part of the job is you tend to have a lot of time to read, play around online, and any other simple hobbies you may have.
Pros
Lots of free time, Excellent pay
Cons
Too much forced overtime
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2017
This job was a great learning experience. I learned the in's and out's of 911. I miss the constant hustle and bustle of the department. It was a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Plano, Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Plano, Texas Reviews by Location