City of Plano, Texas Employee Reviews

Worked in Parks and Recreation Dept. Fun and learning place to work.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I worked for and with many of the same employees for 25 years. The department was small when I first began working there, and grew each year I was there. The department was award winning and was a really fun place to work.
Pros
Wonderful staff and boss, good benefits, comp time off
Cons
None that I am aware of
A Great Job
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 1, 2017
This job is an absolute dream when it comes to the people and the environment. Everyone I work with is friendly and the patrons are as well. As long as you have a "No Problem" attitude, this is a great place to work at.

Management is very understanding of everyone's personal needs and are willing to work with you based on those needs and as long as you show the willingness to learn and advance, you'll foster a great relationship with management.

That hardest part about the job is just staying on task, as there tends to be rushes and random events that will take place. As long as everyone is puling their weight, everything gets accomplished in an orderly fashion.
Pros
Environment
Cons
No benefits, limited hours
ok place to work
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 5, 2013
I supervise and train over 100 lifeguards. I complete evaluation, Audits, and perform pump room maintenance that includes chemical checks, daily maintenence (cleaning and changing skimmer baskets, changing out clogged chemical injectors, changing out chemical lines, repairs, pool cleaning and other things as needed). I have a wonderful direct supervisor that I enjoy working with. Upper management is not so great and cannot make a decision about anything without checking with someone else first. The benefits are great working for the city but there is a lot of down time so your day can become very boring at times. The pay is average but other cities pay better.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
only a 20 min break for every 8 hours you work
Exciting place being able to help the less fortunate citizens with their homes
State of Texas Certified Lead Paint Risk Assessor (Former Employee) –  1520 K Ave Suite 250 Plano, TXOctober 2, 2012
Assisting low to low moderate citizens with their homes.
Training for continuous changes in program guidelines
Management was very intense
Co-workers were always a pleasure to work with. All were team players.
Hardest part keeping up with continuous changes to policy guidelines.
Most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of being able to assist and change the lifes of families that are less fortunate. Without the program assistance certain families would have to go without daily essentials needed.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
supervisor that is very stern, direct, and continuously changing policy guidelines
Favorite job ever!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 8, 2017
This was the best job I ever had. I would still be there if I didn't move. The people were great and you get to play with animals all day. It is a municipal job so you cant beat the benefits.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work great people to work around. They work with on family time and on taking time off. The pay is okay benefits are really good as well as retirement plan.
Stable employement
Sr. Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 31, 2017
Great benefits and stable work history. I loved City of Plano and enjoyed being part of their team. Has some problems with management doing their part but overall great place to work.
benefits
Cons
healthcare
great team work
Neighborhood Services (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 6, 2018
Great supervisor. Great staff. All departments worked together to get things done. Loved working with the tax department when needing to find property owners.
Pros
Great co workers
Tom Muehlenbeck Center
Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2018
As a swim instructor, I have the pleasure to help others to become comfortable in and around a pool. Teaching water safety and swim strokes. I would demonstrate the the strokes and give feedback toward their progress.

My duties included teaching about four classes in my 3-1/2 hour shift. I learned a great deal about water safety, rescue and CPR. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a customer would learn how to swim and become comfortable in the water.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Utility Operations Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Typical day is 7 to 330 pm. During probation stage you will be learning everyday about your job. Management is great. Co-workers are nice and hard workers. Hardest part about the job can be the labor. Most enjoyable part about the job is the freedom and hours. You have weekends off.
Pros
Benefits, workplace
Cons
pay
Professional company
COURT CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 3, 2017
A good place to work. It was a demanding job but they tried to treat everyone fairly. The hours and benefits were great. I enjoyed the continued education provided/
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Demanding
Great place to work, best equipment and training available
Detective (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The Police Department is committed to the mission. They provide outstanding training and equipment to allow the employee's to accomplish that mission.
Pros
Great Benefits, Equipment and training
Cons
Manpower issues are affecting morale
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 17, 2016
Great company with great benefits. Management is reasonable and concerned about the employees. We are encouraged to move up and treated eith repect.
Great City
Aquatics/ Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 5, 2018
PLano was a very nice area to work in. Great environment and great facilities throughout the entire city. Good structure which helped me further my career and advancement.,
Fun work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2018
They are really heavy on knowing your skills, especially during the summer when a lot more people start going out into the pool. The employees are great but you need to understand just because you are a lifeguard doesn't mean it's not work.
Working at the City of Plano
Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  City of Plano, TXJuly 27, 2017
Management would have me work on an assigned project with detailed meeting with our PMO office to get specific details. I always had a timeline and always met my deadlines while bringing a project in at or under budget.

The hardest part of my job was unexpected project creep.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the technical challenges and being able to work with some of the finest people.

I have been fortunate to be able to meet and work with some of the brightest minds in the I.T. industry while being mentored and then helping other through my past experiences.
Pros
CBT Nuggets on-line courses.
Cons
Not enough staff
Amazing job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 19, 2017
The City offered advancement within, support from management, and continuous opportunities to learn. The City has competitive pay, is very organized, and also lays out very clearly what the job expectations are.
Terrible Experience
TV Watcher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Wish I could go back in time and convince myself not to take this job. I would have been better off staying at my previous dead end job. Although I was able to catch up on a few shows I was behind on, so I guess it's not all negative.
My Favorite Job So Far
Master-Intern (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 11, 2017
Applying for this internship was the best decision I've ever made. The people are kind,welcoming,and a great source of networking possibilities. They gave me a great project to work with---and I am forever thankful.
Pros
great pay, great experience, great people
Cons
there wasn't a full-time position open for what I was doing
Poorly managed
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2017
Job was not as advertised. Supervisor did not provide any valuable coaching on improving in the position or provide concrete examples of what should be produced to be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Plano, Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Plano, Texas Reviews by Location