CITY OF PLEASANTON Employee Reviews

Solid
Drama Camp Vocal Director (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 27, 2018
What I learned: Communication skills, team building skills, people skills.
Management: Really great.
Most enjoyable part of the job: seeing the kids grow and learn throughout camp.
Small town charm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 18, 2018
This small town provides services and amenities of a large, culturally diverse city. The parks and public spaces are beautifully maintained, and there is a real community feel.
City of Pleasanton Rec. Leader
Recreation Leader III (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 24, 2017
A typical shift with the city is making sure everything is up to standard for participants to enjoy their rental/practice/game. We work with both youth and adult sports throughout the year and I've learned a ton about coaching basketball and being a professional in general. Management is consistent with your weekly hours and they're very easy to contact and approach in person. I have never had a problem with any coworker with the city, we are a big family and everybody has each others back. Especially when things get rough, a coworker will always be by your side to help the situation. An example would be an adult being unhappy with how a game went in either a basketball/volleyball/softball league. Our employees are always on top of things and we do a great job of communicating back to our supervisors. The best part of the job would easily be working with kids and having awesome coworkers who genuinely care about their work and you as well.
Pros
Awesome boss, coworkers
Cons
PYB Saturdays are very long
Great workplace
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work loved the environment great people to work with bosses not all on you. It was a place you enjoyed going to work would recommend to everyone
good enviroment to work in
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJuly 11, 2017
Operating heavy equipment including forklifts, backhoes, and front end loaders. Experience with SCADA system. Operating non-commercial dump trucks. Identifying and following safety standards. Abillity to install waterlines and sewage pipes. Experience with installing taps into waterlines to provide service to residential/commercial buildings. Basic water operator's license.
Cool work place, good experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 29, 2017
A typical day for the City of Pleasanton is a busy one. There was never a dull moment at the aquatic center. This job really gave me the experience I needed as a lifeguard
nice place to work
Recreation Leader- Community Services Dept (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 25, 2017
A typical day was: answering phones, registering kids for classes, booking rentals and customer service.

It was a great place to work, very flexible with family.
Municipal Government Work
COMPLIANCE / VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Great benefits, and better than average working conditions. This is a good city to work if you want to be in law enforcement. Great community support.
It was a very interesting place to work
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, KSJune 8, 2016
A normal day including driving through town, talking with the public, investigation calls & complaints & caring for the animals in the shelter. I learned a lot about the laws of animal control. The management as well as my co-workers were very nice & helpful. The most difficult part of the job was seeing how some people can mistreat their animals. I loved being able to help when an animal was in need.
Pros
Satisfaction fo helping animals
Cons
Seeing animals suffer
Fun and Inviting environment
Recreation Leader II-Scorekeeper (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 28, 2016
Overall, City of Pleasanton is a great place to work. They have an amazing staff and give youth a chance to build their resume with job experience. They were my first job and I still continue to work for them every summer I return from college. You were able to create a bond with your supervisors and co-workers every time you were on the clock.
City of Pleasanton
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 13, 2015
Mostly a good experience. 25 years is a long time to stay in one place. Management/labor relations are always strained.
Great job
Park Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Maintance of all city parks including , irrigation, mowing ,turf , arborist work
Pros
overall great job
Cons
managemnt changing