City of Raleigh NC Employee Reviews

It’s Ok
Operational II driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2019
Working in the Soild Waste Department
For one thing your job never have to worry about getting laid off. But management needs improvement for sure and definitely the pay!! That you deal with throughout your day to day challenge. As far as the benefits 100.00% great!!!
Pros
Benefits Great!
Cons
Poor management is horrible, Not paid enough
The City Of Raleigh was a great place to work
SUPERVISOR III/EQUIPMENT OPERTOR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2019
The City Of Raleigh was a great place to work, really enjoyed working in the street dept, pushing snow, operating pothole truck and giving customer service.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2019
was in charge of the front desk/cashier. very easy job for a high schooler or someone not looking to do heavy work at all. Cross training is quite easy as well.
Fun people, great job
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2019
The city of Raleigh has amazing patrons who frequent their parks, as well as great staff who are welcoming and friendly. Everyday at work is an adventure.
Productive...Fast pace company
Sr Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2019
A work day with the city is busy.....no room for mistakes, pleasant people, supervisor and manager will assist when needed....the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customer.....I learned that CHANGE is good when it comes to job responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of my job was pulling together as a TEAM.
good place to work
raleigh (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2018
City of Raleigh provides opportunities for growth and advancement. Sometimes it takes a while before you hear anything about your application. Many of the positions offer training.
Pros
growth
Cons
long wait periods for responses to applications
Fun and rewarding
Preschool Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2018
Raleigh Parks and Recreation of Raleigh, North Carolina is a fun and rewarding organization to work for. I enjoy the natural settings and the freedom to create my own classes.
Probably one of the greatest jobs
camp director/ marketing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2018
Spending my days taking kids. families. and groups of energetic adults on kayaking, climbing, and biking trips! What more could I ask for!? See for yourself, just don't let the municipal side of things get you down.
Pros
Getting paid to play
Cons
Advancement opportunities.
fast paced
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2018
this job you have to be a self starter independent and responsible. need to be a fast learner and apy attention to detail. be one that doesnt mind working out doors and getting down in dirt, rain, holes, etc. basically dont mind getting dirty and nasty. have to over come fear of all creepy crawly things like snakes, spider, big roaches, dogs, cats, worms, grubs, and other things you have never seen before.
Pros
great benefits, race diversed, an older crowd
Cons
merit system
Learning and growth
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2018
It was pleasant working here and fast pace. I really enjoyed learning new systems and helping the city migrate from one operating system to the next. It was great seeing how it all came together. Still looking for more opportunities there.
Okay Place to work
Recreation Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2018
Work was during the week, barely any weekends. Management and team could have been better. The hardest part was working with the customers and ensuring they have everything they needed.
Uplifting environment with much growth from supervisors
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Working with the City of Raleigh has allowed my experience with children and family along with the general public to grow tremendously. I have learned the administration aspect of our supervisors role as well as common situations to look for when working in the community environment. The diversity within the people is amazing and I understood the demographics for programs being put in place by the community center.
Fun place to work in Recreation
Assistant Program Director, Interim Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2018
I greet many people throughout every day, i enjoy the environment of play and learning, i get to teach kids and adults and feed the desire to play a sport. Management is flexible and encouraging, hardest part is the endless administrative duties and meetings. I enjoy coming to work everyday for a new adventure!
Pros
work indoor or outdoor for sport
Cons
no real break and admin is heavy
It was a great place to learn and gain experience.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2018
It was a great place to learn and gain experience. I had the opportunity to work with a great group of individuals and under great supervisors. It was an overall great experience.
Enjoyable place to work
Zoning Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2018
Too many staff meetings - 4 times a week there is another staff meeting, managers not responsive, dept manager very good at big picture, asst. managers not so good, tell you everything is fine but mean time they keep a track record of all you are doing - this is not disclosed up front
Pros
flexible schedule, good dept head, good relationships between other staff
Cons
asst manager poor, only out for himself
Productive and fun place to work.
Battalion Chief (Current Employee) –  City of Raleigh, NCAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the organization. This organization allowed a lot of advancement for me and provided a lot of great benefits. The city is productive and fulfilling.
A great work environment, but not sustainable
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2018
The work environment in the City of Raleigh is very relaxed and supportive, but unfortunately the City does not provide any sustainable part-time positions in the Parks & Rec department. A second job is almost required if living alone or with a dependent.
Pros
Friendly environment, lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits, limited hours/year
The guy and ladys are like family
Transportation Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2018
Come in to do your job of duty,Get the supplies you will need on the job site ... weathers its drive way,side,curb and gutters...Take old concrete to dump sites.
Great place to work with outstanding benefits.
Fitness/Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for the City of Raleigh, great leadership, benefits and my work was the most enjoyable part of my day. I always looked forward to going into work, I taught for part of the day and spent most of my day in my office or working on a team with other members of my district and city leaders as well as building partnerships.
Pros
leaders and co-workers
Cons
pay
Good if looking for stability
Raleigh (Current Employee) –  RaleighJune 21, 2018
The organization is good if looking for job stability or decent benefits. You can be successful if you are willing to work hard and be willing to work during inclement weather.
Benefits
Cons
N/a