City of Raleigh NC Culture reviews

Fun people, great job
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2019
The city of Raleigh has amazing patrons who frequent their parks, as well as great staff who are welcoming and friendly. Everyday at work is an adventure.
Productive...Fast pace company
Sr Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2019
A work day with the city is busy.....no room for mistakes, pleasant people, supervisor and manager will assist when needed....the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customer.....I learned that CHANGE is good when it comes to job responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of my job was pulling together as a TEAM.
Okay Place to work
Recreation Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2018
Work was during the week, barely any weekends. Management and team could have been better. The hardest part was working with the customers and ensuring they have everything they needed.
It was a great place to learn and gain experience.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2018
It was a great place to learn and gain experience. I had the opportunity to work with a great group of individuals and under great supervisors. It was an overall great experience.
Great place to work with outstanding benefits.
Fitness/Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for the City of Raleigh, great leadership, benefits and my work was the most enjoyable part of my day. I always looked forward to going into work, I taught for part of the day and spent most of my day in my office or working on a team with other members of my district and city leaders as well as building partnerships.
Pros
leaders and co-workers
Cons
pay
A place to get a paycheck
Part-time teacher's assistant for children (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2018
Management does not do what is necessary to train new employees to be successful in their new role. Turnover rate is extremely high due to poor management. Existing employees are cut-throat and back stabbers.
Pros
City of Raleigh job
Cons
City of Raleigh job and poor management
Great Supportive Place to work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  DowntownMay 15, 2018
Wonderful Employer. A few more adjustments and it would be one of the best municipalities to work for in the country. Team Oriented atmosphere, management supportive of innovation.
Pros
Hours, flexibility, benefits
Cons
salary
Fun place to work
Office Assistant / Senior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2018
I would recommend this job for young citizens who love to work with others in a free and fun environment. The team-oriented environment makes a way for less stress.
Great environment and colleagues.
Director, Youth Summer Program (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2018
The work environment at Raleigh Parks and Recreation was awesome. My colleagues where very engaged with all functions of the job. Management gave clear directives that were achievable.
Pros
Working with children
challenging and also demanding
Remotes Mechanic public utilitys (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2018
I normally get to work 30 to 45 minutes early to prepare for the day.get in my work truck ,meet for early morning meeting .and get preps on what has happened over night and other active jobs being worked on . after meeting have print out of all remote sites pm jobs and write up to worked on for the day and contractors being delt with that day. I've learned how to jog monthly and daily jobs and pm,s that need to be done.at a massive amount of locations. culture is very Diverse and team work is very critical . Management allows workers to be accountable of running ,designing , and completing jobs.It is what I've been use to from my previous jobs in welding and fabrication, in the Lighting and Powerhouse back ground job . Learning the process of making water to be put out to distribution .the most enjoyable part of the job to me is the fact of delivering something to the public at a high quality and my service 365 days a year
Pros
always active
Cons
safety is a little behind compared to were I've come from . it's hard work to get them be on board
The job is filled with supportive and family oriented staff.
Workplace Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 14, 2018
A typical day at work includes the collaborating with various departments staff across the City. The culture is very laid back but engaging when it comes to wellness initiatives. The most difficult part it reaching the population that does not use technology. However the most enjoyable part is connecting with the employees and celebrating their successes.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Technology is progressing but generally takes time to implement
great place
Shift Manager and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2018
great place to work at and the coworkers were understandable and willing to help you learn more about the aquatics side of the city. would recommend working there
Great workplace and awesome culture
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 31, 2018
The City of Raleigh IT department has been a great company to work for. I have lot lots of great tasks that add to my technical support experience, the work culture is excellent and the people make the work productive and awesome to complete.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks
Cons
paying for parking daily
Productive with Grwoth and Development
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 27, 2017
A typical workday was filled with opportunity and growth. This job wanted to see you develop and progress at all times. I learned positivity takes you a long way in life, and creates a wonderful atmosphere. The culture was amazing, and you were never bashed for a mistake, but instead politely told how to do the job or objective correctly. Opinions of all employers were considered, and everything was a fair opportunity.
Pros
Equal Opportunity
Political
Assistant Water and Sewer Supt (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2017
It's hard to achieve customers desires because of politics. There are many levels of management which delay important decisions that need to be made.
Great Place, No Benefits
Track Out Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Raleigh Parks and Rec. I worked with great coworkers and great kids, but they don't have very many full time jobs, so if you need benefits, it's rough.
counselor
Front desk supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2017
The work enviorment working at the Raleigh parks and rec is great. I love how even though we had bosses no one acted like they were above anyone . I loved working for the Raleigh Parks and Recreation
The most enjoyable part of the job
Afterschool Program Director/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the changes you are contributing to that are making positive advancements within your community.
Pros
Great experiences with coworkers as well as community, great work environment, working towards great causes.
Cons
I would have to say the pay & benefits allotted for the workers along the first tier of employment.
Very busy always something to do and great people to work with
Plant Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2017
Great training people always willing to help when it is needed fun environment superior management great opportunity to learn new things love the schools and and the pay is great
Pros
Great people to work with, great pay, great benifits
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2017
I have been working at City of Raleigh full-time (More than 3 years)
Great people at some levels of the company. Joining City of Raleigh was like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together. As family members we all have our moments. The culture could be a bit better