City Of Raleigh Employee Reviews

innovative local government IT department
Enterprise IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2018
The City of Raleigh's IT department supports over a dozen different departments providing innovative technological solutions to better serve the Citizens.
challenging and also demanding
Remotes Mechanic public utilitys (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2018
I normally get to work 30 to 45 minutes early to prepare for the day.get in my work truck ,meet for early morning meeting .and get preps on what has happened over night and other active jobs being worked on . after meeting have print out of all remote sites pm jobs and write up to worked on for the day and contractors being delt with that day. I've learned how to jog monthly and daily jobs and pm,s that need to be done.at a massive amount of locations. culture is very Diverse and team work is very critical . Management allows workers to be accountable of running ,designing , and completing jobs.It is what I've been use to from my previous jobs in welding and fabrication, in the Lighting and Powerhouse back ground job . Learning the process of making water to be put out to distribution .the most enjoyable part of the job to me is the fact of delivering something to the public at a high quality and my service 365 days a year
Pros
always active
Cons
safety is a little behind compared to were I've come from . it's hard work to get them be on board
productive workplace
Athletic Field Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  parks deptFebruary 18, 2018
excellent employer; fair; cared about employees; good workplace environment; none stressful learned decipline ; enjoyed fellow employes; good atmosphere; good working conditions; good hours
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
part time work
The job is filled with supportive and family oriented staff.
Workplace Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 14, 2018
A typical day at work includes the collaborating with various departments staff across the City. The culture is very laid back but engaging when it comes to wellness initiatives. The most difficult part it reaching the population that does not use technology. However the most enjoyable part is connecting with the employees and celebrating their successes.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Technology is progressing but generally takes time to implement
Good Place to Work
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 11, 2018
Good job with great benefits and Tuition Assistance, which many companies don't offer. The position covered many different duties, so it kept the job interesting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Great job and long term career!!
Plant Specialist 3 (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2018
Good work environment with great benefits. Opportunity to learn and develop, paid classes and certifications. Salary is above average if you already have all the qualifications for the job.
Review of City of Raleigh
Information Technology Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 11, 2018
The City is a great place to work, if you are looking for a long term stable job. However, Job advancement is slow. Once at the City you will find friendships that will be made for a lifetime
Pros
Stable Job, Great work Enviroment
Cons
Constantly Taking on Other Personnel's Task
work day
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2018
Typical day usually goes ok, benefits are ok, the job posting does not match up to the job duties, communication to employees is terrible, they are very slow at providing equipment to do job. Otherwise the paid time off, and training opportunities are good.
Pros
benefits, time off paid
Cons
lack of communication and not forth coming on the actual job prior to accepting
Volunteering there is a pleasure!
Volunteer English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2017
I worked for the City of Raleigh as a Volunteer ESL Instructor and I loved my job! Even though I volunteered, I felt valued and appreciated by people I worked for. They were always nice and they helped me with any issues I encountered during my workday.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
n/a
Productive with Grwoth and Development
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 27, 2017
A typical workday was filled with opportunity and growth. This job wanted to see you develop and progress at all times. I learned positivity takes you a long way in life, and creates a wonderful atmosphere. The culture was amazing, and you were never bashed for a mistake, but instead politely told how to do the job or objective correctly. Opinions of all employers were considered, and everything was a fair opportunity.
Pros
Equal Opportunity
Bad Management
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2017
Management was cut throat and didn't give me the resources to succeed. Bad training, wasn't happy with my manager and co worker. They seem to get very annoyed with anyone asking questions on important topics.
n/a
Sr Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2017
I would recommend working here if you're straight out of High School, or if you don't have any real corporate experience and looking for a place to just collect a paycheck.
Political
Assistant Water and Sewer Supt (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2017
It's hard to achieve customers desires because of politics. There are many levels of management which delay important decisions that need to be made.
I loved my job
Raleigh (Former Employee) –  RaleighSeptember 5, 2017
Its just some times there would be lows that would sit the tone for a bad day. And even though that came up we still made sure the job gets finished right it just got a little unhealthy for me
Pros
Everyone is willing to help
Cons
Some might not agree with the group
not enough pay for police work
Senior Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2017
Police work is hard and it is dangerous at the same time. love the city life and serve and protecting folks. needs higher pay and better benefits for officers and their families
Pros
the people
Cons
low pay for police work
Excellent working environment
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2017
Excellent working environment, due to a new policy, part time employees could not work more than 20 hours a week, instead of the 36 prior to new policy.
Pros
Work hours and environment
Cons
Total working hours less than 20 a week.
Great
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2017
I liked working here. They take care of their employees and have a great benefits program. I would recommend it to anyone interested in city employment.
Great benefits
Administrative Office Assistant V (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2017
Busy work days. You get to learn about what goes on in the City of Raleigh and what goes into running the city. Structure management. Dealing with the public can be stressful and rewarding at the same time.
Pros
Career Growth
Cons
parking cost
Cool working with children
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tarboro RdJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work would be signing the children in, preparing them for their daily activities. It was a fun experience woeking with children. The management was great, they were informative and always gave feedback and advice about how to deal with the children.The hardest part of the job would be calming the children down to participate in the arts and crafts.
Pros
Provided snacks
Cons
Short hours
Good part time job if you are in school
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2017
This is a great place to work as a receptionist if you are going to school. Mostly, the days are relaxed with certain times being busier than others. I would not recommend this job if you are looking to advance within the City of Raleigh.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Of Raleigh. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2