City of Richardson Employee Reviews

They put all the work on temps but want give them a job . Just lead them on
Waste Management (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 31, 2018
How can someone work there for three or four months as a temp..but have a application in for the the same job he doing...and they been telling you for months they going to pull your application..and but try to let a temp go for leaving on a optional day.....this has a family.. they work for 11hr.. and you want even make a 100 dollars... cause they pay the temp daily....but let you go for not staying on a optional day...wow...
Great Workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 27, 2018
In the morning when I would show up, I would set out the sign-in binder, play some kids music, and put out some of the toys and games for the children to play with upon their arrival. Before leaving at the end of the day I would hand out snacks to the children that were still here and work the sign-out binder. Once all the children have left i make sure all the toys are put away and all electronics were off. I learned how to have patience and work with younger children. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help these kids learn new things and putting a smile on their faces.
Fun but stressful work environment
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 9, 2018
Low pay for the intense work and hours put into the job. Loved the clients and the other coworkers but getting paid minimum wage for a job so demanding was awful.
Cons
No break
Great
Traffic Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 16, 2018
Did a summer internship with the traffic department and they were great. Everybody was nice. Flexible hours. Good pay for an internship. Would've liked to have stayed but decided to move on/
Good Workmanship
Maintenance Worker II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 11, 2018
Basically doing inspections and maintaining my zones and updating reports. Making sure vehicle is always duly maintained. Some good and bad things along with municipal duites.
Benefits
Cons
Time frame for advancement.
The job was fast-paced
Driver/Loader - Sanitation Truck (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 27, 2017
The environment I worked in was good. I enjoyed the employees I worked with. There was no opportunity for advancement on account of my immediate supervisor.
High work load
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 22, 2017
N/a to me i work parttime was a good place to work fulltime before i retired from there goid pay and excellent health care benefits long hrs sometimes overtime required sometimes
Pros
N/a to me
Cons
N/a to me
It was a good summer job
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 29, 2017
It was a good summer job to have as a first job. It was fun but stressful at times. Im glad I had the job. The kids were ok and we had fun treats sometimes.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
I started at 8 am
Good work place
Trash Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 5, 2017
Good job to work, Good benefits, Medical and dental insurance, 401 k, Retired ment, A place where you can grow in the company, A real nice company
Working with younger children to provide a great summer camp experience
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 23, 2017
It would be the long hot days, exhausting morning, but to see those kids each and everyday especially after summer after summer, you build a bond with the youngsters
Pros
Fun field trips
Cons
Long days hot days
Productive Workplace with Strong Job Culture
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work is jam packed but understandable since it is a part time seasonal job. Learned to manage operations and stay on schedule. The management was great and understanding to workers. Workplace culture is strong and has many traditions. The hardest part is that there are next to no breaks. The most enjoyable part was how tight knit the staff was.
Pros
Good hours, understanding management
Cons
No breaks, long days
Productive and good environment
Detective/Police Officer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 23, 2017
Very good place to work. Great partnerships with most of the employees. Management was just okay but always making it a better place to work. City was very friendly and proactive.
Good summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 29, 2016
poor management with employees. they did not train employees well with learning the tasks at hand. the hours could have been better because we were understaffed.
Pros
good money
Cons
poor management
Great intern experience
Certified Water System Operator (Current Employee) –  City of Richardson, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great intern experience. Very fun job full of new opportunities. Unfortunately there was little pay due to money struggle during company startup.
get a task, finish it, get another task
Traffic Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 23, 2015
Management is supportive and understanding of students. Mainly older staff with the exception of the interns. Work is outside so sunscreen and the right clothes are important.
Pros
flexible hours, holidays
Cons
monotonous
Great experience in High School
Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 27, 2015
This internship kept giving me work throughout my High School career after I proved myself worthy of income. It wasn't day to day, but mainly every month or so I was out on the field doing something interesting.
Pros
Hard work, constantly busy.
Cons
Very sparatic
good company for work
Driver / Loader (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2015
take daily a route ,check the truck ,finish job every day I learn security on work
Great employess and wonderful staff to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richardson TexasJanuary 13, 2015
Great people and a fun atmosphere to work in. enjoy transporting city residents to timed appointments.
Pros
great management
Cons
part time only
Great place
Solid Waste Driver (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 13, 2014
This job was a very physical job and I LOVE that type of work. The ONLY thing I didn't enjoy was the pay was low.
Rewarding experience working with children teaching a sport I am passionate about.
Assistant Pro (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 8, 2014
As the Assistant Pro, I was the sole manager of four of the five junior group lessons at the establishment. This required the ability to use spontaneous thought to come up with solutions to problems and challenges. The position also required a lot of planning and setup time as well as research about appropriate methods for each age group taught. I maintained my role as receptionist and pro shop assistant where I answered phones and managed the establishment. My co-workers and bosses were one of the most rewarding parts of my experience at the Huffhines Tennis Center. All of the relationships I gained there have greatly impacted me and have added a new level of understanding to my life. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of being out in the heat for multiple hours on the court. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to impact the personal development of children and teenagers. Not only impacting their tennis development, but also having an influence on the kind of role they play in their personal relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Richardson. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Richardson Reviews by Location