City of Riverside Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Not much advancement opportunity depending upon job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2018
Workplace culture needs improvement, higher management believes they are doing a good job but a survey should be conducted amongst all employees, particularly those in lower paid jobs. If you come in at a certain level you are okay, but it will be challenge for lower level positions (depending upon the job).
Very professional
Applications Processing (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 15, 2018
It was well organized and professional.
Management was fair and courteous.
I was given regular breaks and lunch time.
Our team worked well together.
I mostly enjoyed working with people and helping them with their paperwork and applications.
Fun work space.
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Riverside caMarch 12, 2018
This was a volunteer opportunity with the City of Riverside. It was enjoyable and fit into my schedule as well. I loved that the task were self explanatory and I also got to see all the work that goes in to city election.
Fun and productive
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  La Sierra Senior CenterMarch 1, 2018
I loved working for the City of Riverside. I learned many new skills and loved working with many different personalities. The monthly themed luncheons were a great opportunity to show our creative sides.
Pros
The seniors!
Cons
The dishwasher didn't work.....
Seasonal football
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 5, 2017
It was really awesome to get hired by the City of Riverside, I just wish they had more need to hire local VIdeo Enthusiasts. It was Seasonal to film their football season so I was really hoping to stay on Full time but it was a great experience.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
seasonal
City of Riverside
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 28, 2017
Required to work a lot of hours and work a lot of the city events. The workplace is professional and coworkers are respectful and nice. The most enjoyable part is working with the kids.
Productive and professional work environment
General Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 21, 2017
Working for the City of Riverside, Public Library Department has been an enjoyable experience for the pass 4 years. A typical work day consist of cleaning and maintaining the outside perimeter of all city libraries. Through this experience I've learned to maintain an excellent work ethic which allows me to complete all daily assignments. I've also learned to be a loyal and respectful worker that allows me to work well with others in order to thrive in a professional work environment.
Pros
I do enjoy working with my immediate supervisor
Cons
Not enough working hours
Productive and fun working place
Accountant/Temp Services (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 31, 2017
Company operations Review Summary
1. A typical day at work 1b. Produced accounts payable vouchers, reconciled account statements, assets recorded, reviewed vendors claim and contract payments.
2. What you learned 2b. Analyzed budget, financial statement, auditing and filing financial documents.
3. Management 3b. Developed staff and public relationships, confidential records keeping, complied with rules and regulations.
4. Workplace culture 4b. Staff working relations in alignment with Government Laws, rules and regulations. Good team-work.
5. The hardest part of the job 5b. Auditing assets records and write off reports.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job 6b. Pay check by direct deposit to personal account in the banks.
Pros
Reading and reviewed much paper work
Cons
Short breaks in clouded areas
All the fun of working at a park
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 29, 2017
Started off on the bottom and worked up. Never the same day twice. You get to meet people from the community and feel like you're giving back while getting paid for it. Only real complaint is that you have to many mini managers.
Pros
Fun
Cons
To many mini managers
Great place to volunteer
Human Resources -Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 21, 2017
I have enjoyed volunteering at the City of Riverside Human Resources department. So much so that I am looking for opportunities to make a career change from my industry to public administration or public service.

Want to know more about City of Riverside?

Ask a question
Great
Cashier/Park & Rec (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 12, 2017
Great benifits fun summer job. Management is amazing, loved working with the city but I need a full time job and it was tough with the position I was in . Its mostly for college students.
Innovated department, wonderful facilities
Community Services Department (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 30, 2017
It is a great place to work, a lot of wonderful people that work here. Its facilities and events are the best in the area by far. Management is not as supportive as you'd think.
Fun and Fast Paced!
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 28, 2017
Working for the City of Riverside was fantastic. They care for your growth and are always willing to work with you. The after school programs and the time for tots are a great fun place to work.
Great place for growth and opportunity
Principal Managment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 18, 2017
There is no such day as typical, everyday presents a new possibility to solve a concern for someone. The organization is perfect for those that enjoy a variety of challenges and excel at time management and organization.
Pros
flex time
Cons
lack of vacancies in upper management positions
Awesome
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 27, 2017
There is never a dole moment. Staff is friendly and supervisors take the time to make sure staff is well trained. A great atmosphere and place to work
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
no benefits
decent job, but could be better
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 20, 2016
decent job, but can be better by lessen the politics. It was mismanaged towards the last 5 years that created a lot of legal issues amongst staff.
Great place to work!
Data Entry and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92504July 20, 2016
I was with the City of Riverside for 24 years. I accomplished many of the goals that I had set for myself and I'm proud of my accomplishments. Working for the City of Riverside wasn't just a job to me, it became my home, and my co-workers were like family to me.
I am new
Historic Preservation Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 31, 2016
I just started so I am not entirely sure what things are like here but I enjoy the people and there is room for advancement so I am pretty excited.
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2016
Working for this local government was great. The engine of this city is driven by people that care for their home town. I have no complaints about any facet of the city employees or the functions of the local government.
The employees are great. Management in the Public Works Sewer Division is the worse I have ever been around.
Wastewater Systems Crewleader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2016
The employees know what they are doing and make the mangement team at the sewer department look good. Management is not only under qualified they are pathalogical liars that will do anything to stay out of trouble. In the last 8 years under this new managemnet team they have had ouside contractors come in to make the enviroment better. Everytime the outside contractors stated that management was the problem and yet HR department and Public Works department did nothing.

As a whole The City of RIverside is a great place to work and most Divisions are great to work for. Except for a few bad managers this would be agreat place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great fellow employees.
Cons
Bad Management.