City Of Rocky Mount Employee Reviews

Low Pay
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 22, 2018
They never offered part timers a raise. Some had been there years before me, but were never offered a raise or a full time position. They rather hire someone from the outside then to promote from within.
I loved working with the children
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 11, 2018
I loved working with the children they were definitely a joy to work with..you never know what a child might be going through and to put a smile on one of their faces made my heart smile
Very Fun!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 21, 2018
I've had to take care of children since I was little, within my family. So having the opportunity to do so for a job was fun. Going on trips, participating in activities, and even having a talent show for the parents to attend. Although I tried to go back the next summer, but was never called back for an interview. Which, I feel like me being in college played a role. They looked to hire high school kids more.
Pros
Free lunch, trips, activities.
Cons
None.
Good benefits, fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 16, 2018
The City of Rocky Mount is a great place to work with good benefits. The days are fast-paced and overtime is usually available. The management has an open-door policy.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
Kenny Review
Substitute Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, NCSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoy working with kids while driving the school bus and get them to and from school safely and the management team are the best to work with so far
Pros
i enjoy driving
Cons
not enough hours
Working for the City of Rocky Mount
Water Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Its great place to worked and retire from. With plenty of options. The ladder to success is always present as well as a better financial future. The toughest part of the job would be the weather.
Pros
We could get off early and still get paid until 5
Cons
The weather
great place to work
Athletic offical (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 4, 2017
I've been with the city for over 7 years and i absolutely love it. the typical days at work consist of helping patrons from other states come in and see what the facility has to offer along with providing snacks, tickets and smiles. The management is wonderful, they will work with everyone's schedules and are very lenient to people if they have an emergency that may arise with at work. I most enjoy getting to see all the different people that come in from other states and getting to know them more by just starting a conversation about their child and hold long they have played travel baseball.
City of Rocky Mount
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Main st. City office Rocky MountJuly 12, 2017
Best Place I have worked so far, It was contract job for Technical Support to fix technical problem within the ERP program that was implemented. Flexible hours, peaceful environment, Responsible worker quick learners.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
work deadlines
Ok
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 3, 2017
Working for the City is an ok job. The only thing is, you have to know or have family to really be able to work there. I work for parks and recs. The new person over it is very unprofessional. If you aren't a part of her cliché there is no need to even try to work there.
Steady Work,Fun,Outside work
Street Team Member/Storm Water (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 27, 2016
I use a leaf machine to get up leaves on side of road and in people's yards. Also we pick up trash off of the side of highways and roads. Also we use a rake and pitch fork to get leaves and straw up.
Pros
Good hours, Steady work
Cons
People don't work as a team.They not equal
Job Stability
Planner (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 12, 2016
If you are looking for job stabliity, the City of Rocky Mount is a great place to work. If your are looking for opportunity to advance there is none.
An unpleasant work culture is the norm
Superintendent Wastewater Treatment (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 30, 2016
The management culture in Rocky Mount is one of micromanagement and close oversight of middle management. Senior management seems to want to make sure that middle management performs exactly as they would perform. Basically the upper managers really want to run each division without giving the middle managers the opportunity to run their divisions. My experience at Rocky Mount was unpleasant to say the least. The benefits are not all that great. The healthcare plan has a very high deductible that is more or less unattainable during the course of a normally healthy year. The culture is one of trying not to do anything wrong during the day so as not to get into trouble. Most of my employees did not really enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.
politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 30, 2016
No chance for advancement. People work there in management get their family and friends on. Many of the upper management has no degrees with supervisor /manager positions.
My supervisor was there since she got out of high school and was
long time friends with her manager who gave her the position. There husbands and siblings work there too. There was no need to complain because it's a buddy system. I had to leave on the first train coming. I could say more but you get the idea.
Pay STINKS!!

They treat there employees bad. Moral stays low along with the pay.
I had to go!
Pros
it's a job until you find another one....
Cons
pay stinks, uneducated mangement, no one to complain to....
no title
Athletics Official III (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Great place to work at, enjoy working with and meeting new people inside and outside of the company. Management and workers are all very nice to be around.
Productive and great department
Energy Service Utilities Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work is logging on to the phones to speak with customers, dispatching service orders to have customers services turned on in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your customers are satisfied and that you have answered all of their questions and made them feel great.
Cooperative and productive.
Eagle Scout Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 21, 2016
Installed 120 storm drain markers throughout the city of Rocky Mount to increase awareness of dumping waste that flows directly into the Tar River. Earned the rank of Eagle Scout after project completion.
• Organized and led all fund raising
• Managed a team of 15 scouts
• Developed standard procedure for marker installation.
• Developed materials list, installation locations map, and team member assignments
• Completed installation within one day
Busy environment
Temporary Summer Help (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 30, 2015
My job here was to assist a tenure worker in his daily tasks around the community with flushing fire hydrants. I learned the importance of paying attention to data and the accuracy of recording such information.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 17, 2015
The job itself was all around beneficial, but the management didn't understand lifes situations.I enjoyed working as a team getting the job done in a timely manner
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
lack of communication
All Depends
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 15, 2015
You will have job security for both the good and bad employees. Nearly impossible to fire someone. But the worst part is that it's a management friendly environment. Management overwork you, demean you, fire you based on a lie and nothing is done to support the subordinates. Worked there for 12 years before I had enough of horrible bosses and co-workers.
Pros
Salary and Benefits for area
Cons
Horrible Management; will overwork good employees and not discpline bad employees, hiring and advancement based on buddy system
A great company to work for "The City of Rocky Mount"
Maintenance Worker I (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 6, 2015
I've been working as a maintenance worker since the age of 16 during my summer breaks for approximately 4 years. its wonderful to be apart of the city. I've learned how to use weed-eaters, zero turns, small hand tools, and where I'm able to operate huge equipment, such as Rear mowers and a Ventrac.