City Of Rocky Mount Employee Reviews

Very Fun!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 21, 2018
I've had to take care of children since I was little, within my family. So having the opportunity to do so for a job was fun. Going on trips, participating in activities, and even having a talent show for the parents to attend. Although I tried to go back the next summer, but was never called back for an interview. Which, I feel like me being in college played a role. They looked to hire high school kids more.
Pros
Free lunch, trips, activities.
Cons
None.
City Of Rocky Mount
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 25, 2018
Great benefits, decent pay, favorable work hours, some customer situations are difficult where others are rewarding. Very little opportunity to advance within.
Low Pay
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 22, 2018
They never offered part timers a raise. Some had been there years before me, but were never offered a raise or a full time position. They rather hire someone from the outside then to promote from within.
Family Oriented
Police Officer/Detective (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 1, 2018
Very family oriented workplace.Everyone is very friendly. They provide a variety of opportunities for advancement. They also invest in very good training.
I loved working with the children
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 11, 2018
I loved working with the children they were definitely a joy to work with..you never know what a child might be going through and to put a smile on one of their faces made my heart smile
Good benefits, fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 16, 2018
The City of Rocky Mount is a great place to work with good benefits. The days are fast-paced and overtime is usually available. The management has an open-door policy.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
great place to work
Athletic offical (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 4, 2017
I've been with the city for over 7 years and i absolutely love it. the typical days at work consist of helping patrons from other states come in and see what the facility has to offer along with providing snacks, tickets and smiles. The management is wonderful, they will work with everyone's schedules and are very lenient to people if they have an emergency that may arise with at work. I most enjoy getting to see all the different people that come in from other states and getting to know them more by just starting a conversation about their child and hold long they have played travel baseball.
Working for the City of Rocky Mount
Water Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Its great place to worked and retire from. With plenty of options. The ladder to success is always present as well as a better financial future. The toughest part of the job would be the weather.
Pros
We could get off early and still get paid until 5
Cons
The weather
City of Rocky Mount
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Main st. City office Rocky MountJuly 12, 2017
Best Place I have worked so far, It was contract job for Technical Support to fix technical problem within the ERP program that was implemented. Flexible hours, peaceful environment, Responsible worker quick learners.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
work deadlines
politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 30, 2016
No chance for advancement. People work there in management get their family and friends on. Many of the upper management has no degrees with supervisor /manager positions.
My supervisor was there since she got out of high school and was
long time friends with her manager who gave her the position. There husbands and siblings work there too. There was no need to complain because it's a buddy system. I had to leave on the first train coming. I could say more but you get the idea.
Pay STINKS!!

They treat there employees bad. Moral stays low along with the pay.
I had to go!
Pros
it's a job until you find another one....
Cons
pay stinks, uneducated mangement, no one to complain to....

Want to know more about City Of Rocky Mount?

Ask a question
Cooperative and productive.
Eagle Scout Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 21, 2016
Installed 120 storm drain markers throughout the city of Rocky Mount to increase awareness of dumping waste that flows directly into the Tar River. Earned the rank of Eagle Scout after project completion.
• Organized and led all fund raising
• Managed a team of 15 scouts
• Developed standard procedure for marker installation.
• Developed materials list, installation locations map, and team member assignments
• Completed installation within one day
Good job security and longevity
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 15, 2013
My view of my current position was that aligned more with the private sector. I find the transitioning of local government to a formal audit function is MUCH more time consuming than I initial had ascertained. Each step within the audit process (e.g., audit follow-up, reporting, etc.) is taking much longer than anticipated due to spending added hours in training and edcuating staff and management.
Pros
I'm learning alot about local government and how it functions.
Cons
benefits are terrible, expensive and salary does not commesurate with the amount of work required.
All Depends
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 15, 2015
You will have job security for both the good and bad employees. Nearly impossible to fire someone. But the worst part is that it's a management friendly environment. Management overwork you, demean you, fire you based on a lie and nothing is done to support the subordinates. Worked there for 12 years before I had enough of horrible bosses and co-workers.
Pros
Salary and Benefits for area
Cons
Horrible Management; will overwork good employees and not discpline bad employees, hiring and advancement based on buddy system
An unpleasant work culture is the norm
Superintendent Wastewater Treatment (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 30, 2016
The management culture in Rocky Mount is one of micromanagement and close oversight of middle management. Senior management seems to want to make sure that middle management performs exactly as they would perform. Basically the upper managers really want to run each division without giving the middle managers the opportunity to run their divisions. My experience at Rocky Mount was unpleasant to say the least. The benefits are not all that great. The healthcare plan has a very high deductible that is more or less unattainable during the course of a normally healthy year. The culture is one of trying not to do anything wrong during the day so as not to get into trouble. Most of my employees did not really enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 21, 2014
Working in the heat is always hard but working for the City was great. Management was very understanding and considerate to workers needs. The hardest part of the job was working in the summer heat but that becomes normal. The most enjoyable part of the job was having agency to do the job as you see fit. Overall working for the City was a great experience and I would love to work for them again.
Good
Telecommunicator (Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 7, 2017
A pleasant company to work for with friendly people and management staff. The environment and workplace was very diverse and everyone got along good together.
Kenny Review
Substitute Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, NCSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoy working with kids while driving the school bus and get them to and from school safely and the management team are the best to work with so far
Pros
i enjoy driving
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and great department
Energy Service Utilities Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work is logging on to the phones to speak with customers, dispatching service orders to have customers services turned on in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your customers are satisfied and that you have answered all of their questions and made them feel great.
Gained a lot of law enforcement experience
Police Corporal (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 28, 2012
I was assigned to the patrol division and was a police corporal when I left the agency. I gained a lot of experience during my tenure. I was a first line supervisor and a patrol officer. While I worked there I was on the SWAT Unit, Canine Unit, Honor Guard Unit, and was proactive as a police officer and supervisor.
A great company to work for "The City of Rocky Mount"
Maintenance Worker I (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 6, 2015
I've been working as a maintenance worker since the age of 16 during my summer breaks for approximately 4 years. its wonderful to be apart of the city. I've learned how to use weed-eaters, zero turns, small hand tools, and where I'm able to operate huge equipment, such as Rear mowers and a Ventrac.