City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Department Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
Great place to work. I have learned a lot about the various aspects of Accounting. Including Payables, Receivables, Budgeting and Financial Reporting.
Work life balance
Senior Video Producer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2018
You should have a clean record before applying. Have a good driving record as well. Lots of Politics. Managers will not get work life balance, you will always put work before your family.
Pros
Non-managers will have a better experience but not better pay.
Cons
Dont work for people you dont trust
I love the work that I do
Debt Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2018
The work is awesome. I love it. I love working with the numbers and learning the in's and out's of the City Debt. Every time I get a challenge I love it because I am learning something new. I think the CFO is brilliant and trust his judgment 100%.
Pros
Love the rush I get when working with difficult numbers
Cons
No Team work
Fun workplace; relaxed
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  San AntonioApril 28, 2018
Love working here but its only a temporary position to last throughout summer. Enjoy the hours, the pay. Very relaxing atmosphere surrounded by children, teachers, a garden and office personnel who are very involved with the parents of the children attending here.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
fitting into work culture can be difficult. Make friends of co-workers.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2018
There are difficult people however, always doing one's best and getting away for lunch helps out. The growth potential is great to move around. The best part are active co-workers for lunch buddies to go out, walk or just hang with.
Overall pretty positive
Social Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2018
While working in the Health District there is always a challenge - public depends on your knowledge and skill. Must bring your A game everyday. However, the benefits of helping other is very beneficial.
Customer service was a positive enrollment with the airport
Aviation painter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX international airportApril 6, 2018
Teamwork was a factor in this job,.. insurance was a must for my family and I.. they offer higher education , and offer you an additional retirement with your plan
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Offer paid vacation
Fantastic Place to Work!
Community Services Supervisor (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2018
I was contract Temp. I wish I could have been permanent and stayed until I retired. I LOVED every day of my work there. Management was awesome! I worked at the Huantes Community Learning Center.

I had freedom to improve the facility, daily operations systems and office culture and service delivery.
Pros
I felt trusted, valued and respected
Cons
temp job
N/a
Public service attendant (Former Employee) –  AlamodomeMarch 12, 2018
I liked working st the Alamodome, my supervisors were both amazing. J would of loved to continue working with them but the pay was not enough to support my family.
Great Pace
Compliance Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2018
I loved this job, pace was great and was left alone to do my work. The only problem is, there are limited opportunities for advancement. I wish I could go back but the pay just wasn't enough for me.
Pros
city job
Cons
pay
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2018
The group that I was under the management team was unprofessional and unappreciated for the opportunity that was given by City of San Antonio to majority of the team. Tax dollars need to be aware of money paid for individuals to sit at home. Again the City is perfect to work for the organization I was under just need new management
Pros
Working for a persitage Organization
Cons
Unprofessional Management
consistent but can come with long hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Overall, working for the COSA is pretty consistent on the day to day. The people you work with are great and you have a fair sense of what your job duties are. Because the culture of the City Manager is corporate, you are expected to work hard and work late and/or weekends if you have not completed what you need to get done at a satisfactory level. This can be based on how efficient you are with your work load and/or it can also be that it is a certain time of the year where your job will be more demanding than at other times. Alot of it also depends on which department you are in. Overall, I would recommend this job just because of the stability and the opportunity for movement is always available after a few years across departments.
Pros
benefits, health programs, great people
Cons
corporate culture, long hours, commute and traffic is horrendous getting into downtown
Great Work Experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work. The people are very knowledgeable. They have tons of quality experience and are willing to help with any problems. I would recommend them to anyone.
Great place to work.
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for the City of San Antonio. Management was great and so were the benefits. Job was easy to carry out. I have no complaints about my time there.
Benefits
Cons
no cons
Great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2018
Working for the City of San Antonio is great. The benefits, PTO, the employees are all great. I left for another opportunity, but now I wish I would have stayed.
I had a great Supervisor that made the job fun.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Metropolitan Health Building in San Antonio TexasJanuary 31, 2018
I believe that my time working with the City of San Antonio was made fun and no stress was because of my Supervisor. Everyone knew what they had to do and did their job. I think that's important in a work place.
Pros
People knew what they had to do and did their job.
Cons
The patients did bring a lot of drama about their lives.
Fun summer job
data entry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Duties while working in summer program consisted of data entry, filing, answering and directing calls, customer service, faxing, and making copies. This job taught me what a office job consist.
Pros
calm work place
Fun place to work
Account Clerk II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
the most fun was when we got to go on the run(picking up bank bags ect from parking attendants) keeping daily money and safe balance. Trainers would not properly train you.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
having unreliable traniners
Good Place to work
San Antonio (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2018
if you get selected for an Airport Security position get ready for a bumpy ride in terms of management due to indecisiveness and lack of consistency in application of standards toward employees.
Cons
high turnover rate
Being Trusted Is Important
Sr Mainframe Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Being trusted is very important, it has not always been that way. Being treated as a professional, in a professional environment goes a long way. Current CIO, a veteran himself can be talked to without the feeling of judgement or being looked down on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of San Antonio. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight