City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

good place to work for
Equipment Operator 3 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working for the city of San Antonio it was a fun atmosphere to work for employee would lend there hand to lend there assistance to make the job easier they also had an exercise room to keep fit
Don't buy into the lie
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2019
There is no such thing as 40 hours a week. You are volun-told to participate in community events. You can be fired on your day off if you don't stop what you are doing to do as you are told. Anatomy is non-existent. Pay rates are non-negotiable and they support the core values of professionalism, innovation, teamwork but don't practice it. Management style is to operate in panic mode where "everything is a priority", no planning, execute first and they play the "should have, would have, could have" game. A system of bottom feeders looking to get ahead for themselves.
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
High turnover culture
Very strict environment
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78207January 11, 2019
The bosses at the city of San Antonio are very stringent and strict. The city of San Antonio does not Allow its employees to influence or input their own ideas into the job culture. Everything within the city of San Antonio such as work ethics, job cultur is set in stone.
Benefits
Cons
Disciplined work environment
Very nice place to work as a temporary.
Admin. Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2019
I was only there for a temporary summer job. The atmosphere is comfortable and staff are very helpful and friendly. The only reason I am looking for other work is because I need full time employment at this time.

I learned alot about the Summer Youth Program as I didn't even know it existed until I started working there.

A great place to work and once the summer program starts it gets very busy but I truly enjoyed it.
Low pay
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2018
Pay was not reflecting work. Served as a contractor and tried to get hired on as a employee. Was told that I wasn't quite up to par for the position but was asked to train two new hires. Really confused cause if I wasn't up to par for the position how was I able to train new hires.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Amazing benefits
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2018
The pay was HORRIBLE. The team was great, but my supervisor was the worst I've ever had in my life. The benefits are the best I've ever had (to include the military).
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
Pay, leadership
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2018
It was a nice easy going place to work. I got along very well with all of my co workers and customers. It was one of my favorite places that I have worked.
all around
Side Load Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2018
As a city employee, there is advancement but not for right reason. As far as what you know about the job, rather of who you know. Management does nothing all day, and because they are in those positions, they abuse the system. The management doesn't back their employees. And the City director doesn't either. They have a panel that says whether you are in the right or wrong when you have an accident. And NONE of them have a CDL license. So how can you judge me where I come from when you have never been where I been. They are cover themselves first before they cover their employees. And the City is afraid of charging the public for their mistakes. They spend millions of dollars on trying to cut costs here and there, when they need to start cutting the tops of the list salaries.
Pros
retirement
Cons
lowest salary
I had a verity of jobs within the city of San Antonio
Social Service Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
I learned my customer services sills from the City of San Antonio. They also taught me how to outreach to members targeting for a certain program and we would go within a group of employees.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
I did not see any cons, but maybe advanceent
bcb
Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2018
We personally commit to continuous improvement and personal growth. We take pride
in producing high-quality work and in delivering exceptional service to internal and
external customers. We exhibit pride in professional appearance, language and behavior.
We assume responsibility for a clean and safe work area. We maintain composure in
challenging situations. We respect others, express sincere appreciation, and positively
influence those around us. We are dedicated ambassadors for the City of San Antonio
and the community.
Wonderful Place to work
Tx. - Fitness Instructor/Mobile Fit Promoter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
I worked for several years with Parks & Recs under the "Fitness in the park" umbrella and it was such a joy. I only wish it was for a full time position
Pros
People, Hours
Cons
This position was not full time
Horrible place to work, unprofessional, favoritism.
Sanitation Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2018
It’s not what you know it’s who you know and who you are related to. So much unprofessionalism and favoritism in the signs department. You do things by the book and practice safety and they ask why you are taking so long at a work location. A lot of equipment is outdated and doesn’t work and again they blame the technicians as to why they are working slow or not getting the job done. They say take initiative but it never ends well. No room to grow, cut throat work environment. Can’t trust anyone. No motivation.
Pros
Paternity leave, Christmas vacation, paid holidays.
Cons
Underpaid, no leadership, inadequate work equipment, no room for growth
Fast paced, challenging
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2018
It has a been a great opportunity working for the City of San Antonio. The benefits and trainings are amazing, and the people truly care about one another. Personal and professional growth is important and they take the time to show that.
Great place!
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Incredible place to work and the supervisors and other coworkers were very respectful.
I got to give vaccines to children and adults according to CDC guidelines.
cool place
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
it was a easy job working for the parks and recreation department, the dress code was relaxed as was the environment i would recommend this job to younger college students
Pros
easy place to work
Cons
pay
City of san Antonio
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
If you wants a great job thats the place ro be..They treated us like we were people.. There was no judgement.. If u had family problems or just problems they were there to help..
Cons
Work Christmas
good benefits
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Medical and retirement, good pay in comparison to other entities, good leadership and support wellness initiatives. Promote Good customer service and teamwork.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement without degree
City of San Antonio - TCI
Senior Planner - GIS Team Leader, Certified (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78284September 16, 2018
As a Senior Planner - GIS Team Leader for the City's Storm Water Utility Fee has been very beneficial for my career in GIS. Every day I continue to learn and utilize geoprocessing tools needed to conduct workflows. I have been very pleased working for the department and look forward to accomplishing future goals and bench marks.
productive and management
Time and Attendance Specialist (Current Employee) –  SAN ANTONIOSeptember 11, 2018
handling 300 - 400 employees payroll making sure everything is correct. meeting new people and getting to know them and treat everyone like a family.
the hardest part of the job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I think the hardest part of the job was mentally taking a toll on me and making me change as a person. I was not myself while working there and for me that was really sad.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Very negative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of San Antonio. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight