City of San Antonio Employee Reviews

cool place
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
it was a easy job working for the parks and recreation department, the dress code was relaxed as was the environment i would recommend this job to younger college students
Pros
easy place to work
Cons
pay
City of san Antonio
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
If you wants a great job thats the place ro be..They treated us like we were people.. There was no judgement.. If u had family problems or just problems they were there to help..
Cons
Work Christmas
good benefits
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Medical and retirement, good pay in comparison to other entities, good leadership and support wellness initiatives. Promote Good customer service and teamwork.
Cons
no opportunity for advancement without degree
City of San Antonio - TCI
Senior Planner - GIS Team Leader, Certified (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78284September 16, 2018
As a Senior Planner - GIS Team Leader for the City's Storm Water Utility Fee has been very beneficial for my career in GIS. Every day I continue to learn and utilize geoprocessing tools needed to conduct workflows. I have been very pleased working for the department and look forward to accomplishing future goals and bench marks.
productive and management
Time and Attendance Specialist (Current Employee) –  SAN ANTONIOSeptember 11, 2018
handling 300 - 400 employees payroll making sure everything is correct. meeting new people and getting to know them and treat everyone like a family.
the hardest part of the job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I think the hardest part of the job was mentally taking a toll on me and making me change as a person. I was not myself while working there and for me that was really sad.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Very negative
Great Place to Get Started
Learning Management Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2018
Great Place to Get Started in your career in Business and Human Resources. Although I am not sure if they really look at their talent within to carry on with business continuity.
Acceptable
Maintenance worker for Parks and Recreation Dept (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2018
Acceptable employment. Management was overall easy to work with and for the most part fair. Coworkers were acceptable. There was a lack of communication due to the language barrier.
Needed better managment
Adoption/ Animal Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2018
General City Benefits are good but work environmant at this specific location was very stressful. A lot of changes have been made in upper management since I left so I do not know how things currently function.
very fast paced
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2018
was a good job but was a contract worker with no benefits and no sick leave and no vacation time but the money was good you could work over time if need be
Pros
good job
Cons
no benefits

Want to know more about City of San Antonio?

Ask a question
It’s a good place to work
Equipment Operator/Truck DriverEquipment operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
It’s good place to work,you only Monday through Thursday and there’s overtime too. Majority all holidays are off with me. Time punch in is at 7:15 to 6:00 every day Monday through Thurday
Pros
Working Monday through Thursday n most holidays off with pay
Cons
Every is happy
Ever Changing
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2018
Monitor CCTV for 30 library branches and respond effectively. Secure Central location branch. Assist personnel with overnight matters and work with alarm monitoring company. I've learned how to read various behaviors. I feel that management should consider the opinions of their subordinates a little more. Workplace is friendly most of the time. The hardest part of the job is keeping busy to stay awake. The benefit package and competitive pay is the best part of the job to me.
Pros
Benefit Packeges
Cons
N/a
Under paid and over worked.
SAN ANTONIIO (Current Employee) –  SAN ANTONIIOJuly 9, 2018
The City will over work you and under pay you. They do offer Comp-time but you will never have the ability use it. Most of the times management will most likely deny it. Also it dose not matter how hard you work,you will never have the opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately management does not care for their employees and you can get fired for any little reason.
Pros
I got to work downtown.
Cons
Everything.
Productive fun place to work and learn
LVN - Metro Health/WIC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
A typical day at work would be to unlock the doors for business, hear children cry starting at 7:45am all the way to 7:45pm. Counsel parents or pregnant women on nutrition. I learned about team work. Management had to follow rules and regulations or the city would step in and get things in order. The city was not to friendly about culture unless it has to do with Fiesta. The hardest part of the job was to keep quiet about rude managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping individuals that wanted help.
Pros
Free lunch at meetings
Cons
only 1 supervisor was mean to her employees, although she would follow you and keep poking your shoulder, other supervisor
great place to work at, i recoomed people to apply there.
SURVEYOR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2018
I love working for the city. The city offers great benefits. They more than match your 401 plan contributions, good medical insurance, and time off for personal or sick leave, also school reimbursement.

I enjoy the job I do. I get along with my co-workers. I am a surveyor and when we start a new job first we start finding property corners, than we mark our stations, usually every 50’. We set two points with GPS, with our two control points than we ca run an elevation loop, anchor the job. After all this we are ready to start the survey. In the City, we use the Topcon total station, Sokkia robotic, and GPS. We also use a tablet and a data collector. I had worked 6 years as a surveyor in Laredo, TX but I have learn a lot here in the city.

I enjoy the city and its friendly atmosphere. I recommend the city to anyone. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No overtime
It was worth it.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Finance/SAPD HomicideJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with COSA and recommend it to any and everyone. I Loved my positions with the City, it hard to get on with the City but you can always go through a temp agency to get hired.
Great Training Department
City Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
Overall I have no complaints about the city of San Antonio. Work/life balance is okay, pay could be better, but if you are looking to earn big bucks don't go into city government. Good retirement benefits. Health care costs are a little expensive
review
Budget & Research Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2018
San Antonio is a premier city offering excellent work conditions and good benefits, although the pay is a little low unless you are the City Manager. Great opportunity to learn city operations.
Fun sec place t work once yu got in .
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
A real nice place to work but Compensation is limited so negotiate your highest salary from before day 1 for in all likelihood you'll stay at that level a very long time.
Working in fear due to bad management and supervision
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2018
No room for opportunity unless somebody retires or leaves,

Cut throat environment. No help from peers. Sink or swim, Professional development is encourage but not practiced.
Pros
Na
Cons
Not a good place to work or to consider a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of San Antonio. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight