City of San Jose Employee Review

View all City of San Jose reviews

Working at the City of San Jose was meaningful and personally rewarding. I learned and became experienced in working in a municipal government.
Associate Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 19, 2013
My typical day at work involves providing management oversight to multiple capital improvement projects; meeting with project stakeholders, including community-based organizations, City Council staff, contractors and consultants.

I have learned how to work in a politically sensitive environment as well as working on projects with multiple stakeholders. I enjoyed my job because I felt that I was helping improve the community and as a result improve the lives of San Jose residents. Hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult people that oftentimes are irrational.
Pros
Rewarding job responsibilities and good pension benefits.
Cons
Long night meetings without pay.

Other City of San Jose Employee Reviews

easy to work kind of environment, plenty of time rest between long hour shift
Service Crew / Waiter (Former Employee) –  maharlika road san jose cityMay 5, 2018
it is a great company who take care of staff on shift, always update staff on important task need to dealt on daily basis. Always share profit if target is reach.
Pros
working environment
Cons
stability
Public Safety Dispatcher I (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 29, 2018
The individuals at City of San Jose are passionate about safety and security. These are highly dedicated individuals who take pride in what they do. The police officers and dispatchers are highly trained and professional individuals.
Pros
Pride
Cons
long hours, understaffed