City Of San Rafael Employee Reviews

Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 17, 2019
Productive and fun workplace, I would recommend any position at the City of San Rafael. The staff and manager are excellent and the city creates a strong work/life balance.
Good
Maintenance Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 17, 2019
City of San Rafael is a excellent place to work and live. I work for over 18 years with the city. I would highly recommend to work there. I supervised up to 6 employees at one time. I also trained employees on several equipment. Trained on backhoe,
Vacuum,
They don't seem to treat seasonal/temporary employees as equal
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 28, 2018
I would not recommend the City of San Rafael as a good work place as the management style (at least of the couple people I was assigned to work there) was not up to par. They seem to be uptight and are always looking out for themselves.
Pros
Friendly rank and file group
Cons
Management is a bit uptight
Seasonal
Aquatic Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAApril 19, 2018
My experience with the City of San Rafael was good and the managers were easy to work with. It was a summer position that I maintained for several years with room for advancement.
Serious police work
Patrolman (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work for basic police officers. San Rafael is a great city with a variety of neighborhoods to learn from. The close proximity to San Francisco is great.
Productive, inclusive, and welcoming
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 17, 2017
One of the best jobs I've ever had. I had 2-3 supervisors during my tenure and all were professional yet compassionate and open minded. The staff I directly worked with were willing to teach and listen. I wish I had that job again. Great environment.
Pros
Staff and boss, benefits, pay, location, valued, supported.
Cons
Not many.
Good people and professional
Shop & Equipment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work and very fair. Great conditions and great people. Very innovative and cutting edge thinking. I would definitely recommend employment there.
Working in the Child Care Division...
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 28, 2017
Teachers are wonderful and work hard to provide excellent care to the children. I've rarely seen upper management. The current director is hands on but sometimes strays from the priorities and can leave the teachers fending for themselves during busy transitions when there is lack of support. There is a shortage of quality substitutes and this can often lead to short staffing without any substitutes at all. The hardest part of the job is managing a large class but the most enjoyable part of working for the City of San Rafael's Child Care Division is working with wonderful caring families, exploring new activities without any restrictions, creating your own curriculum, working alongside hard working teachers, having the ability to further your education and attend workshops, and decent benefits and salary.
Pros
Benefits, paid holidays, paid sick and vacation (once accrued)
Cons
large class size, lack of organization
Team oriented environment nurturing good relationships
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the City providing valuable IT assistance the over 400 public sector staff, including Public Works, Fire Dept., and the Police Dept.
Pros
People, proximity to home
Fun place to work for.
Facility Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 29, 2012
Work in fun and great enviroment, my co-workers friendly and respectfull.