City of Sacramento Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good people to work with.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2018
Great work environment, good people. Pay isn't great, although I'm only part time. Takes too long to advance, having a son, more pay would definitely be great.
Work-life balance
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2018
Daily work is routine. Monthly and year end is tedious and long hours.
Management is supportive.
Challenging and competitive workplace.
Coworkers are friendly and helpful.
Pros
fringe benefits
Cons
long hours during year end
Summer Food Program/Sacramento START
SITE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2018
The City of Sacramento provided me with my first career-oriented employment. I was placed in a management type role which allowed me to increase my knowledge of basic computer programs along with how to manage employees. I matured tremendously during my tenure and it was unfortunate when my sites were closed due to a lack of budget. Provided everything you would look for in a promising career
typical day
Residential Combination Building Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95814May 8, 2018
typical work day involved scheduling your rout for jobs assign to you for that day. communicating with other inspector and supervisors, and in house training. dealing with contractor and general public enforcing construction standard
Okay
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2018
Laid-back job culture
High cost of health care coverage; limited choices of health care providers
Mayor and City Manager are very good leaders
Promotes work life balance
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2018
I like working for the City of Sacramento. There are a lot of different routes for growth and a lot of things to soak in about this great city. The only part I don’t agree with is the rotation of employees into certain departments where their title may fit the position but their qualities, work ethic, and skills don’t fit the job itself.
Pros
Laid back schedule
Cons
Rotation of supervisors
Fun to work at
SEASONAL PARKS MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2018
Enjoyed working there very much. Co worker were fun to work with and very professional.Cleaned restrooms and picked up park litter. I just wished there was more hours.
Pros
Outdoors
Cons
Not enough hours
good job experience
Youth Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2018
city hall was one of my very first jobs not it showed me a lot of customer service because I had to come encounter with a lot of kids and parents on a day to day basis
Organizational changes
Assistant City Clerk-Special Projects (Former Employee) –  City of SacramentoFebruary 12, 2018
The City is going through many organizational changes in the past several years and continues to do so. The community is becoming more vibrant and city staff continues to its best to serve the needs of its customers.
Not much room for growth
Parking Attendant / OOC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Been here for almost 13 years. Devoted many holidays and weekends with nothing to show for it. Management is not very kind or supportive. Not much room for growth and the pay is not enough. Hasn't increased much over the years to compensate for the cost of living. If you wish to have a family and life outside of work don't choose to be an attendant for the city of Sacramento.
Fun educational
Inter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2018
There is so much to learn in the city and so many different directions to go in. Very friendly environment. Amazing coworkers every day is different.
Pros
Career advancement
Laid back
Recreation Aid (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2018
This job is very easy going, team friendly and allows you to grow as a leader. I highly recommend this job for those who are in school and looking for part time work.
a great place to work
ADA Coordinator, Department of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 25, 2018
people are very relaxed and project oriented. It's a typical government structure, but the individuals make all the difference.if you work in City Hall, it's a nice environment, and there's a lot of employee enrichment and community building opportunities
Enjoyed the learning exsperience
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Working for the City of Sacramento, was enjoyable. I was able to be creative for the elementary kids. The hardest part of the job was when a parent took a student out of the Program. I ran an after school program for k-6th grade. I learned every child, parent and teacher need some one to talk to an just listen. My typical day was taking attendance. I communicated with the teachers and parents. I have to type letters to para
Pros
So Diverse
Cons
health care
You worked hard for state minimum at the time
Youth Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I really liked the job and it taught me to be a skilled manual laborer. However, I do think that we should have been paid more because it gets so hot in the summer and we were required to wear long pants and boots (to prevent injury). Other than that reasoning, The job was nice because you get to work with your team and form close bonds with them.
Pros
Teamwork, set schedule, no entry level skills required
Cons
Not enpugh pay for manual labor in my opinion
Learning & landscaping (L&L) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 15, 2017
Good environment but it was a lot of work . Yet the work was worht it because I learned a lot and I was able to get out more and learn more about Sacramento and about the opportunities they have .
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No free lunches
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 2, 2017
The people were great and very helpful. I learned a lot and i wish i could have been permanent. I plan on working there again in the future, hopefully.
Pros
everything
Cons
it was temporary
challenging place to work
utilities field services supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 28, 2017
the City of Sacramento is a good place to work, they have decent benefits and the work environment is good overall, working at the City of Sacramento you will find challenges and opportunities that you may not find at a smaller Town/city .
Pros
Decent benefits and good place to work
Cons
transition of management and slow to react
Thank you.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2017
Time spent was educational, Thank you for allowing me to join your utilities department albeit brief. With the election of a new mayor and restructure LIFO(union Last In First Out) was inevitable for me.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
After school
After School Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2017
Prepare lesson for class and meet our children. Have supper, Outside play, enrichment, then homework.
Management was great and always helped staff with ideas and supplies.
Pros
Working with wonderful children
Cons
Hours cut back, told to get lessions/idems prepared on your own time