CITY OF SANTA CLARITA Employee Reviews

Busy and Enjoyable
Recreation 1 Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 3, 2018
Although it is a quickly paced environment, you still enjoy working and being around the people there. Workplace was clean and everyone did their part to keep it that way.
Productive fun place
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Santa Clarita, CAAugust 6, 2018
I have been working with this company for over seven years. It has been a great learning experience. I have had great training. Personnel is excellent.
Pros
excellent enviroment
Cons
low pay
Meeting
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJune 3, 2018
Overall, the people made the work environment wonderful each and everyday. I am overall blessed to have been able to work there. It was very flexible towards my schedule.
Pros
Everyone is wonderful
Great Work environment
Camp Clarita Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 8, 2018
This job was one of my favorites. I loved my coworkers and loved being a role model to so many young individuals. The kids definitely gave me a great time at the camp.
Pros
Fun, Field trips
Cons
not really any breaks. always on the go with the kids
Good pay and management staff
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CaApril 24, 2018
The City of Santa Clarita is a good place to work with educated and experienced leaders. They place emphasis on teaching that high expectations can be met.
Pros
free work outs
Cons
I was hourly so no benefits
Lifeguard II (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 20, 2018
I had a lovely experience. Despite the hot days, the pay for a first job was well worth it. Great first job or for those who wish to stay in the Parks and Recreational field.
Pros
City Discounts, free swiming, free certification with the red cross
Cons
long hours, intense heat, no consistency with scheduling
Too many bosses
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 14, 2018
I learned I never want to work here again. Low, low pay. Too many bosses and prima donnas. Job culture is very closed off to people from outside California.
I love this job!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 8, 2018
This is the best job for those who are looking towards working with children as they get older. Only wish I could have a job like this all year. A typical day was very busy and fast paced because one is in charge of many children. However this is not difficult at all because there is great training and management.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
Short period of work
Competitive and exciting work enviornment
Youth Sports Referee (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Loved the work, only one day per week however and I am looking for more. I served as a youth sports referee during the fall flag football season and liked the intensity of the work.
Supervising Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa ClaritaJanuary 3, 2018
The benefits are good and it is an excellent place to work if you’re starting out in the workforce. Employees get along well with each other and are eager to assist
The perfect summer job for young adults
Head Swim Team Coach (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 28, 2017
I loved working for the City as a teenager. I was paid well, worked close to 40-hour weeks all summer and made lots of friends. I especially loved coaching the youth swim team.
Great place to gain work experience!
Recreation Leader I, II (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country Community CenterDecember 14, 2017
I worked for the City of Santa Clarita for 4 1/2 years. This was a great place to start working part time while gaining entry level work experience. It was also a fun place to work and I met many great people along the way with a great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was only being able to work under 20 hours per week for part time employees. The only bad part was the lack of opportunity and career advancement for part time employees.
Pros
Great co workers, fun, collaborative
Cons
Little room for advancement, pay and hours were terrible for part time staff
fun workplace
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 7, 2017
This job was extremely fun but there was little to no room for advancement. This job was meant to be entirely temporary so there were little to no expectations going into it.
Great place to work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 2, 2017
City of Santa Clarita is a great place to work. The staff is super friendly and you learn a lot about different divisions/departments throughout City Hall.
Do I really need to write this review?
Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 18, 2017
I thought the job was great, my managers were great and I could tell it would be much better for a full-time position instead of a part-time. I enjoyed having creative freedom.
love working here
Inclusion Aide (Current Employee) –  Newhall, CAAugust 13, 2017
great staff and even better support ! positive work experience. I like being able to work with a great team with a lot of experience . The management here is very organized.
Pros
positive
Cons
no health care for part time
I enjoyed my experience lifeguarding for The City of Santa Clarita
Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for the city. It was good money and the experience was overall a good one. The only thing I didn't like about working there was that the assistant manager and manager basically had free reign over each pool, and no one really kept them in check,
Pros
Great co-workers and many opportunities to advance.
Cons
little to no breaks are given while on shift, and management is a bit strict.
Fun environment for both kids and adults!
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJune 1, 2017
After working at the Canyon Country Community Center for the past two years, I've gained great knowledge and experience on working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives. The social and practical skills I've gained from working for the City of Santa Clarita will be displayed greatly at my next job site.
Pros
City employee benefits.
Cons
lack of hours for work
Labor Intensive and Entertaining
Recreation Leader I (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 13, 2017
A typical day at work was setting up events and also breaking down everything we set up at the end of the day. I learned how to organize the set up of events and how events run from the other side. The hardest part were the long hours but the most enjoyable were the coworkers.
Everyone was dedicated to their job and very friendly
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 7, 2017
I worked 40 hours a week, with great benefits. They were flexible with family obligations (such as needing to tend to a sick child or attend a game/competition). They offered great medical benefits, as well as 401k, paid holidays and sick days. They also encouraged volunteering with family members at local City events.
Pros
Lunch room, health care, pto, friendly co workers
Cons
not enough turnover so difficult to get in