CITY OF SANTA CLARITA Employee Reviews in Canyon Country, CA

Great place to gain work experience!
Recreation Leader I, II (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country Community CenterDecember 14, 2017
I worked for the City of Santa Clarita for 4 1/2 years. This was a great place to start working part time while gaining entry level work experience. It was also a fun place to work and I met many great people along the way with a great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was only being able to work under 20 hours per week for part time employees. The only bad part was the lack of opportunity and career advancement for part time employees.
Pros
Great co workers, fun, collaborative
Cons
Little room for advancement, pay and hours were terrible for part time staff
Fun environment for both kids and adults!
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJune 1, 2017
After working at the Canyon Country Community Center for the past two years, I've gained great knowledge and experience on working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives. The social and practical skills I've gained from working for the City of Santa Clarita will be displayed greatly at my next job site.
Pros
City employee benefits.
Cons
lack of hours for work
My Typical work day.
Youth employment services employee (Former Employee) –  Canyon CountryAugust 29, 2015
My typical work day consist of being very obedient and i'm always looking for other ways of making my work better.I learned how to better communicate with employers.
Pros
A fun experience