CITY OF SANTA CLARITA Employee Reviews in Santa Clarita, CA

Busy and Enjoyable
Recreation 1 Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 3, 2018
Although it is a quickly paced environment, you still enjoy working and being around the people there. Workplace was clean and everyone did their part to keep it that way.
Great Work environment
Camp Clarita Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 8, 2018
This job was one of my favorites. I loved my coworkers and loved being a role model to so many young individuals. The kids definitely gave me a great time at the camp.
Pros
Fun, Field trips
Cons
not really any breaks. always on the go with the kids
Good pay and management staff
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CaApril 24, 2018
The City of Santa Clarita is a good place to work with educated and experienced leaders. They place emphasis on teaching that high expectations can be met.
Pros
free work outs
Cons
I was hourly so no benefits
Too many bosses
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 14, 2018
I learned I never want to work here again. Low, low pay. Too many bosses and prima donnas. Job culture is very closed off to people from outside California.
I love this job!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 8, 2018
This is the best job for those who are looking towards working with children as they get older. Only wish I could have a job like this all year. A typical day was very busy and fast paced because one is in charge of many children. However this is not difficult at all because there is great training and management.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
Short period of work
Competitive and exciting work enviornment
Youth Sports Referee (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Loved the work, only one day per week however and I am looking for more. I served as a youth sports referee during the fall flag football season and liked the intensity of the work.
Supervising Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa ClaritaJanuary 3, 2018
The benefits are good and it is an excellent place to work if you’re starting out in the workforce. Employees get along well with each other and are eager to assist
fun workplace
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 7, 2017
This job was extremely fun but there was little to no room for advancement. This job was meant to be entirely temporary so there were little to no expectations going into it.
Great place to work!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 2, 2017
City of Santa Clarita is a great place to work. The staff is super friendly and you learn a lot about different divisions/departments throughout City Hall.
Do I really need to write this review?
Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 18, 2017
I thought the job was great, my managers were great and I could tell it would be much better for a full-time position instead of a part-time. I enjoyed having creative freedom.
I enjoyed my experience lifeguarding for The City of Santa Clarita
Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for the city. It was good money and the experience was overall a good one. The only thing I didn't like about working there was that the assistant manager and manager basically had free reign over each pool, and no one really kept them in check,
Pros
Great co-workers and many opportunities to advance.
Cons
little to no breaks are given while on shift, and management is a bit strict.
Everyone was dedicated to their job and very friendly
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 7, 2017
I worked 40 hours a week, with great benefits. They were flexible with family obligations (such as needing to tend to a sick child or attend a game/competition). They offered great medical benefits, as well as 401k, paid holidays and sick days. They also encouraged volunteering with family members at local City events.
Pros
Lunch room, health care, pto, friendly co workers
Cons
not enough turnover so difficult to get in
Productive work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 2, 2016
The management and supervisors were trustworthy and operated well. They taught me enough to where I am able to work with no supervision. Very great work experience.
fun and happy place to work with
Contracts Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working with this organization everyone was helpful and enjoyed work. Everyone was willing to help fellow coworkers out and allot of team events for socializing.
Pros
980 schedule every other friday off
Cons
contract over
Regettable experience
Primetime Preschool (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 4, 2016
Other reviews by preschool staff were spot on. Low pay, no benefits, no advancement, immature staff, no communication between employees and supervisors, no appriciation, hardly any hours, and my hours were reduced without explaination and I had no choice in the matter. I assumed a city job was a step up-- was I wrong! If anything the job set me back. Don't waste your time like I did. I wish I'd read employee review before applying-- it would've saved me a lot of grief. If I could give negative stars, I would.
Great Productive place to work for
ACTIVITY LEADER II (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 1, 2016
I enjoy working for the City of Santa Clarita. There is room for growth and everyone that works there is friendly and professional. I have referred many people to apply because its a great company to work for. I am happy to be apart of the City of Santa Clarita.
Pros
Pay into Retirement
Cons
some jobs are only seasonal
Dead in job with no advancement
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 14, 2015
The City keeps all its part time works classified as temporary part time so they do not have to offer benefits. Also, as temporary part time you can be fired at any time for ANY reason. The supervisors in the child development department supervise by bullying and intimidation. I was actually told by a high up supervisor that my face was unwelcoming. If you ask too many questions they will do anything to put you back into place. I worked in the child development division for 14 years and was fired for asking the director, who does not have any child development units or teaching experierance, why we doing activites that were not age appropriate. The city doesn't promote from within, so don't get hired thinking that you can advance because you will not be considered.
Pros
The hours were good for me
Cons
bad pay, no benefits, supervisors that are bullies and no room for advancement
Do not work for the city
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 16, 2015
The city is an awful place to work for. There is ZERO chance of advancement. Employees are treated like second class citizens. We are told in not so many words that we can be replaced by any 18yr old for any reason. They manage by bullying the employees into submission. Employees are made to be afraid to speak up or question management in fear of retailiation.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no benefits no advancement possibilities environment of fear
Satisfactory entry level job in aquatics and emergency response
Assistant Pool Manager/ Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 2, 2015
Provided adequate experience in creating and managing staff and budgets. Excellent customer service experience. Brief introduction to the emergency response system.
Great work environment and wonderful place to work.
Sales Associate/Back-up Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 20, 2015
A basic day at work consists of working with outside companies and vendors to help develop events planned for the public. We have an enthusiastic group of co-works and management staff that enjoys coming into work on everyday and event day.
The hardest part of my job is over working myself, I take on to many events because I enjoy every event we deliver to the public. The most enjoyable part of my job is organizing with outside vendor, in order to develop a well organized event.