CITY OF SANTA CLARITA Employee Reviews in Valencia, CA

Lifeguard II (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 20, 2018
I had a lovely experience. Despite the hot days, the pay for a first job was well worth it. Great first job or for those who wish to stay in the Parks and Recreational field.
Pros
City Discounts, free swiming, free certification with the red cross
Cons
long hours, intense heat, no consistency with scheduling
Labor Intensive and Entertaining
Recreation Leader I (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 13, 2017
A typical day at work was setting up events and also breaking down everything we set up at the end of the day. I learned how to organize the set up of events and how events run from the other side. The hardest part were the long hours but the most enjoyable were the coworkers.
Magic Mountain Summary
Counselors lead (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 22, 2016
My review for Six Flags Magic Mountain is that the job is great for individuals looking the fun at the place they work. While working at Six Flags, I was transferred separate departments because my supervisors valued my skills. The work conditions could be improved and closer mentoring while on the job would improve customer satisfaction for the guests and allow better training opportunities for staff both new and returning.
Pros
Employee discounts, interact with guests, great hours
Cons
difficult scheduling, lack of communication, training not job specific
Productive and fun work place with great staff and management.
Graffiti Removal Rec II (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 12, 2014
A typical work day consisted of working with your assigned partner to re-supply, stock, and clean the city vehicles for use to remove vandalism and graffiti within city limits. The first half of the day you and your partner will have specific duties correlating to where you sit in the truck. Ex: One person will be the driver where he/she monitors traffic and positions the truck and trailer in ideal locations for graffiti removal while minimizing the blockage of traffic, he/she then switches places to the passenger side after lunch and works on the computer attached to a stand to search and input data regarding removals, this promotes equality in the workplace. At lunch we would contact our supervisors to provide them with removal updates and any gang activity. What I enjoyed most about this job was the freedom, you were given assigned tasks, as long as you completed them in a timely manner or communicated any concerns there would be no problems. Very easy going work at your own pace kind of job, good work ethic was praised and rewarded while negative work ethic was detrimental to the work place and often results in termination. Communication and Safety is key to working with others with machinery and chemicals. You watch my back I'll watch yours kind of Co-worker attitude worked best for me.
Pros
Lunch anywhere in the city, Good scenery, Great staff, Accomodating
Cons
Short lunches, Part-time, No Benefits, Liability and Pay differences