City of Santa Fe Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 5, 2019
Great place to live and work. Getting better everyday with the new Mayor and Council, management is moving in the right direction for the City, Employees and Citizens.
Great place to make a difference with a high performance team!
Public Works Director (Current Employee) –  500 Market StationJune 27, 2019
Employees at the City of Santa Fe are empowered to make a difference in their community and the organization every day. There is extraordinary teamwork amongst employees, there is partnership with community members, there is visionary leadership and lots of opportunity to demonstrate and develop professional skills. It is an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Incompetent management
Budget Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 12, 2018
I was more credentialed and experienced than management. My ideas were crushed or ignored completely. I was bullied and harassed. Unethical and unprofessional, as well as hostile, environment. I would never recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
Incompetent management.
Good for a part time position
Parks & Recreation Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 26, 2018
Work was very repetitive on a weekly basis. The culture varies and need to focus on the what, who, when and where objectives here. Job well rounded.
Pros
Well balanced on job duties and responsibilities
Cons
Part time every 9 months
Youth Aide works with kids
Summer Youth Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMarch 12, 2018
Youth Aide is a seasonal job that works with kids of many different ages. City of Santa Fe summer youth programs did not provide me with much other than a bit of income for the summer.
Good people and organization
Parks and Recreation Superintendant (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMDecember 28, 2017
Show up 4 am .Get tools and equipment needed for the days work. Get assigned area of city to be worked. Management very friendly and helpful. Co workers make the job fun.
Benefits
Cons
Temporary
The hardest part of the job
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, TXDecember 27, 2017
The hardest part is learning to balance your life with night shifts and day shift, along with sleep patterns, very stressful. Also the city pays way less than all other dispatcher positions in the state of Texas
Pros
only work 14 days a month
Cons
long work hours, low pay
Upper management was not the best unrealistic at best.
Communications Supervisor/Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, TX 77510October 28, 2017
The supervisor directly above me was great. However his hands were tied from the chain of command above him. The city would bow down to a family full of crazy vindictive citizens rather than fight them. The rules were not the same for everyone. I could go on and on. There were some amazing people that I worked with and there were some absolutely horrible ones.
Cons
City administration.
great experience
Assistant Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 23, 2017
I loved this job. I got to be creative and was able to interact with so many city employees. It was a pleasure working with my supervisor and indeed, all of my co-workers. I learned so much.
Pros
being creative
Cons
no benefits
Daily, a delightful place to work
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 20, 2017
My immediate supervisor and the Director of Southside Library were great women and fabulous to work for. I cannot say the same for the woman who heads the libraries (located in downtown branch) and many others past and present would concur.

On arrival, we would check in books returned to other libraries but belonging in our collection. We also processed holds on items coming from other libraries for patrons to pick up at Southside. We also pulled holds at our library daily for patrons. Each day, we would either have one or two shifts on the circulation desk assisting patrons. Otherwise, donated items would be added to the collection. We worked together as a team; in other words, if one person at circulation desk was 'slammed' with many patrons, it was imperative to go and help. We collected books returned to Southside but belonging to other branches so had to ready them for pick up in morning.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Personalities not easy to work with, laziness, incompetence and getting away with it
City of Santa Fe
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 28, 2017
loved working for the City, loved the benefits, the people i worked with & the job in itself. If my position was still open under the director at the time i was there i would def go back.
Great expierence
Supervisor & Medical Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 5, 2017
Larger city to dispatch officers and firemen. Included 14 fire districts.
Very high paced work environment lots of stress. But we worked as a team and made stressful situations fun and manageable.
Pros
Lots of benefits and time off for our hard work
Typical government environment.
Records Custodian/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 15, 2017
Can be a fun place to work. Enjoy working with most city workers. Good benefits/compensation. No real room for advancement. Extremely top heavy. Too many management positions.
great work place
Laborer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMDecember 2, 2016
Employees are a great team workers. Good leadership good learning environment chances to advance in work place good pay and benefits.
Fun and very busy productive work environment.
Recreation Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 6, 2016
My day to day is really fun and interesting. The facility is filled with happy people for the most part working out and swimming. The patrons who come here make the job fun, most of them make it a point to know you by name and talk with you about life of anything. I've learned a lot working here especially great customer service. My supervisor is great here makes it a fun place to work at. My co-workers are great everyone gets along and works as a team. One of the hardest parts is getting to know some of the elderly patrons who come to work out and we here they passed away. The most enjoyable part I would say is the patrons who come here.
Pros
work out
Street Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 26, 2016
hard with odd hours but productive enough to keep me busy all day. Never too much down-time. cut weeds in medians and on sidewalks throughout the city.
You could choose your shift.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 8, 2016
It was a waiting game to see who would be offered a permanent position or who was asked to resign.

At times it was hard to see so many seasonal and term employees for up to 10 years be passed over for full-time jobs!
Pros
vacation was offered.
Cons
Salaries we very low.
Great Place to work
Environmental Services Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work, I had to bring the shop up to Safety compliance and make it a safe work environment.
I also had to create a maintenance program which they did not have at all, to include keeping track of maintenance historical records, warranties, PMs, Safety inspections.
internship
Water Informant Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe NMJune 3, 2015
As an intern, i realised i didn't have the credentials to get a permanent position where i was. What i did was boring. i took calls and wrote down messages. we fined people the were using too much water. we also did audits. we went into peoples houses and figured out why their water bill was outrageously high.
Pros
easy work
Cons
boring job
Kept me busy which I prefer
Human Resources Analyst/FMLA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMDecember 22, 2012
I enjoyed the work that I did but the management was a little lax and hardly any room for advancement. I liked most of the people I worked with but a few who only do what is absolutely necessary with no thought of going the extra mile.
benefits
Cons
lax management