City of Scottsdale Employee Reviews

Collaborative
Downtown Liaison (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2018
Strong organizational culture with well defined goals and expectations. Legacy of municipal excellence and innovation that results in a high quality community.
I would not recommend City of Scottsdale Housing
Secretary (Former Employee) –  7515 E 1st StreetJune 11, 2018
City of Scottsdale Housing was a cut throat environment. Very clique-ish. With the exception of one of two people, it felt like a hostile work environment.
Pros
working with housing recipients
Cons
hostile work environment
High stress, bad hours, over worked
Heavy Equipment Fleet Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 10, 2018
High stress, dangerous environment with little chance of advancement and low pay. Worked over everyday and on weekends always night shift with no possibility of transfer to days unless you were related to one of the supervisors.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
low pay, no advancement, night shift.
Fun place to work using the latest tecnology
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2018
At the City Scottsdale our small team of developers were like a family, we took weekly lunch together, we did pair programming and worked together to help each other out.
Pros
It is a play that keeps you up to date on the latest technology, they have great benefits
Cons
There are a limited number of positions, someone has to leave in order to get promoted.
City of Scottsdale
Civil Litigation Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 16, 2018
This was a great place to work. Attorneys are incredibly friendly, and always willing to take the extra time to teach you. Great place to work, if you get the opportunity.
Always an adventure in the work place
Youth Corps (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 10, 2018
For 5 summers I was a volunteer worker for a program called Youth Corps. I worked anywhere from summer programs at mohave middle school and Supai helping kids with projects and just having a nice fun filled summer that they can stay out of trouble and do as needed. I also working for a main coordinating office that makes the events for the kids during the summer programs. Lastly I worked at a gym for the city of scottsdale doing anything from paper work, cleaning, memberships and helping those who had questions. The typical day though for the summer camps included a meeting in the morning, then off to art class, gym, recess, music and so much more. Moving so many kids at one was quite a task and made the job difficult due to kids who were on bad behavior but you made sure that you got the rest of the kids to the class and pull the ones who were acting up aside and talk to them and see what was happening and why they felt the need to act up. Doing so it led to great connections with kids and made working with them a very rewarding job
Pros
crafts, busy days to keep you moving and great kids!
Cons
food not included, no offical breaks
Challenging position
POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  City wide.April 17, 2018
Job is great and with a great organization. Shift work can be hard on family life. That must be taken into account when working in that position. yet, it is highly rewarding.
Human Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 20, 2018
I enjoy my work with the City of Scottsdale and appreciate the support I received from co-workers and management. The benefits are excellent and I enjoy the population of people I work with.
Civil Litigation Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2018
The civil litigation division offers incredible leadership and guidance. Incredibly supportive attorneys and plentiful opportunities to learn about a variety of different laws.
Fun, diverse work place
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 15, 2018
My company supports diversity in all backgrounds and they promote personal growth and learning. I work with great people and can work at my own pace to get my job done. I mainly work alone, but sometimes have to work as a team. I have learned three different departments in my 15 years with the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with an office full of great personalities. Our group knows how to make the long days fun.
Pros
Working alone and at my own pace
Cons
Cubicles
Great work environement
Maintenace/ Custodian (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Constantly busy always learning, operating vehicles and machinery, a great learning experience, your co-workers are very supportive and knowledgeable.
Day to Day
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day for my position consist of class scheduling and taking payments from customers who intend to play tennis on our court tennis courts. I have had always had good working relationships with others and especially with the customers who come into the buildings.
Love sport and kids great job.
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85250September 7, 2017
Supervise youth participants, develop relationships, ensure participants are safe, teach them sportsmanship as well as fundamentals, also supervise adult participants, ensure all rules are followed during game activity, and ensure game is controlled.
Communicate with parents on information about practice times, events. Communicate with school site manager on regular basis about the school field we will be using for that day and the practice times we are able to practice.
Pros
Flexible, Kids, Sports.
Cons
Some parents hard to deal with.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2017
It is a great place to work for a starting job and is fun to work with the people for the city of Scottsdale. If you are looking for a starting job then this is a place to be.
All smoke and mirrors
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2017
This job had the potential to be great, but management and politics got in the way. Favoritism and hypocrisy run the place. A lack of knowledge about the actual employees and their workplace needs was huge and people that had been there for years were doted over when they did nothing but create drama and wasted time in the workplace.
Pros
Great benefits
Fun place to work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 25, 2017
Parks and Recs is fun, exciting and different every day. Management was laid back, and supportive. Working on your own for the most part. Best part was management.
Great work environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 9, 2017
Great place for entry level work. As well as working yourself through the company. Full of different areas which anyone can be apart of. Picking up shifts is so easy
Job security in government
Recreation Leader II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 5, 2017
Been working for the city of Scottsdale for almost 10 years now. It has great benefits and is a very secure job. With any job there are people that are really committed and there are some that are just here for the paycheck. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible with schedule
Cons
No real cons.
Co worker are great and helpful, Managment not so good
Water Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2017
In day to day operations my job is good. I get assigned my work, prepare my vehicle and go complete my work without anyone breathing down my neck. Benefits are great, and hours are awesome. When it comes to management, that is not so great. Many of my co workers have 10 plus years in the field. So a lot of them have some really great ideas on how to make day to day operations run more efficiently for everyone, but when they voice their opinions and concerns they are ignored by management.
Pros
Hours, Benfits
Cons
Management, No advancement in this department
Good start place if you want to get court experience
Court Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 9, 2017
Great benefits, alternative work week scheduled offered, on the job training, room for advancement. Three teams to rotate to. High volume of work. Tution reimbursement through the city