City of Seattle
69Average

City of Seattle Employee Reviews

United States180 reviews
The good stands out and the work environment is enjoyable
As I a community Liaison I normally enjoy what I do for my fellows which depends on community needs. Work environment is friendly and diverse and flexible
I love my job with the city people that really care about you.i can't wait to go back to work.they go above a beyond what there job is to help you in all areas of your life there is no place I'd rather be.i love the fact that they give people second chances they don't discriminate against anyone the best company in town to work for in my opinion.
Good pay and benefits
City of Seattle has it's own retirement system and good healthcare options. New IT management looks promising for the the future. Pay is higher than other government jobs.
You work independent and very flexible position pertaining to hours.
Communication is very sparse between administrative and employee. Temporary position that requires many hours of training to learn multiple bridges in the Seattle area.
Run away
The worst people to work with. Mangers encourage workplace fighting for their entertainment. Co-workers openly cry at desk. A great place for serial killers to excel
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great Place to Work
Working for the City of Seattle is being a member of a great team. I worked with great Managers on many different job sites with a great diverse group of people
Good Place
The city of seattle is a wonderful place to work, with wonderful benefits, and the opportunity to have a healthy work and life balance. Salary is adjusted for City of Seattle living costs.
I was a consultant
I was a consultant. Not really appropriate in my opinion to be forced to provide a review. I was not an employee and my observations would not be valid for people wanting to know what it was like working there.
Volunteer Position
This was a volunteer position. I distributed surveys to refugees/immigrants to measure civic engagement. Besides getting printed surveys, there was no real "job experience". But I felt good doing something productive and important for City of Seattle research.
Bad behavior ... poor HR Department
Poor behavior overwhelming tolerated by the City because they don’t want to be sued.Managers have no rights Because they aren’t represented /poor pay
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Run the other way!
There is a culture of bullying and corruption throughout the organization. I've never seen anything like it in a professional atmosphere. From clandestine affairs between supervisors and subordinates to triangulation and manipulation. I've seen it all and I'm glad I'm out!
Fun to work with community
Spending time for outreach with residents and businesses and survey collection. Meeting with the planner for the project and advising on outreach materials and plans. Participating in committees and advisory and working with ethnic media. Enjoy to meet people and tell them what is happening in the future within the community or city.
Diverse and Amazing experiance
I worked as a cashier or the city of Seattle for the public pools in the area. My main pool that I worked at was the Ballard Pool.
From the very first day to the last day of working there I always felt supported and cared for by the staff. I know that at times I made their jobs a bit more difficult, and still they never made me feel belittled.

At the Ballard Pool we have lots of different swim programs to offer, for infants to seniors, so there is a whole of different ages coming in and out of the facility. as well as different ethnicities, the diversity really is so very beautiful. to see a community in person.

The managers are very hands on, as well as great with communication every hour or so they will come out and check on you and ask you about your day, if you need anything etc.
great place to work
It's the best job I've ever had and I go back if I was still living in Seattle great people great management. Wonderful teamwork great support by management. We always helped each other out truly a team effort we learn something new about our job it was very rewarding working for the city of Seattle
Always a new challenge.
The typical day was hit the floor running. As the swing shift supervisor I was tasked with taking up where the day shift left off and move the work forward. This was one of the biggest challenges but I do love a good challenge.
Great and wonderful place to work
If u want a great stable job this is one for you great benefits, great health care great,Retirement, just a great life and probably won of the best jobs out there hands down.
Good government place to work
City of Seattle is a very good place to work. They are located in downtown, the building is great. People over there are very nice. The culture is good.
Overall great experiences
- Code review/3rd party vendors review
- Creating internal documents and archiving

: documents are completed and tested out for production level ready (Tableau and PowerBI docs)

- Oracle SQL and MS SQL review/test to resolve end user level errors
limited growth potential
Workplace culture talks about promoting self motivated workers, those who problem solve and can think "out of the box" . . . reality is that staff who show these qualities are subject to either intense micromanagement or receive complete indifference from immediate and upper management. The consensus is that the only good idea is one that comes from management and those are poorly communicated, if communicated at all.
For a temporary/seasonal job, it was a great place to work! It also paid well for a temporary/seasonal job. The workers and supervisors were helpful and never once made me feel like a temporary/seasonal worker.
As a customer service intern, the responsibilities were clear
The tasks were managable and it was a collobrative enviornment. I was given project to work at my own pace. As a receiptionist I learned customer serivce skills. The people in the office were friendly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Seattle. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight