City of Springfield, MO Employee Reviews

Required
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 27, 2018
Would prefer not to disclose, I am simply reviewing my current job title for this website's standards to continue forward onto the next step in the job searching process.
Productive and stable job.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2017
It was a good place to work, it was routine always searching for ways to improve the parks appearance. Management was rarely seen. Had to be self motivated. The job was routine and mental dull. I enjoyed the freedom to create your daily duties.
Pros
Freedom to create your own work day
Cons
Dull
Firefighter/EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work, If you like helping people and putting in hard work, this is the place to be, great benefits and a great group of people to work with.
Good benefits
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  City of Springfield, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Good benefits not great pay though. I would consider this if you just need free insurance and don't really care about advancing in the job. The city either has whoever the want hand picked for the job or hire from outside.
Lots of overtime opportunities
911 Telecommunicator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2015
This business paid well and had adequate benefits. Coworkers were excellent to work with which was essential to do this job efficiently. Due to lack of union powers at this time some upper management did not have a system of checks and balances. Because of this fact, they supervised with autonomy and I and other employees did not feel a sense of security in our jobs.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of a strong union
Good place to work.
Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2015
I worked for Springfield on three different occasions. I was treated well on all three occasions. I have noticed that the city is growing and they are doing a better and better job of looking out for their own and providing a great place to work.