City of Springfield Employee Reviews

Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 24, 2018
Excellent work environment, great wages, amazing city to work for. Highly recommended. Fast paced with a diverse group of employees. Great place to start a career.
Client Visit
Housing Retention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 20, 2018
I would perform home visit, assist clients with ADL. Coordinate housing availability, Medical appointments. Attend meetings with the Police Department, Housing, COC, and mental health.
Pros
Different every day
Cons
Not being able to help some people.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 17, 2018
The City offers many opportunities for collaboration and it is a fun, challenging and friendly work environment City Manager has a great team.

Their is something new every day and there are many chances to learn, and to promote
Pros
relaxed culture
Cons
Government sometime rigid
Lots to do and learn
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  City of Springfield, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Title says it. Lots of work, and lots to learn. You won't leave this location without a good deal of new knowledge under your belt. All the different systems and software we support will see to that.
Relaxed but fast-paced
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 8, 2018
For this position, the day starts with studying maps and physical locations of accesses then moves into inspecting lines until the day ends. As long as work gets done at a reasonable pace and mistakes kept to a minimum the job is relaxed.
Worked with a team that were all involved in the daily routine, and got along great with one an other.
Code Enforcement Officer I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 5, 2018
I would go to my office, first checking my voice mails, and replying to missed calls..I would pull all of the days cases(files),usually 35-50 for the day. I would drive to each address doing inspections of buildings and grounds of each property to find discrepancies in the maintenance needed to bring them within the Codified Ordinance of The City of Springfield. I often had appointments with citizens to help them understand the letters that I had sent to them describing the infractions and discussing their options in order to correct them When I had met all this criteria for the day, I would return to my office and enter all notes, conversations, etc. into my computer and keep the records for all cases that I had opened(usually 300-400) average per month. So, half my day was spent in the field, and the other half spent on data entry and fielding calls. Hardest part of the job was taking people to civil court on behalf of the City, having my ducks in a row .
Pros
Satisfaction of having better neighborhoods.
Cons
Stess, confrontation with angry citizens
Good
Fire Captain (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2017
Training crews
evaluating fire scenes
Maintaining equipment
engaging in public fire prevention programs
Responding to fire and medical emergency incidents
Pros
shifts
Cons
shifts
Great workplace culture
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 7, 2017
Because of the security needed for the 911 operations this job tends to be lonely but an enjoyable job to have. The Director shows amazing leadership abilities which makes it a privileged to work under and learn from.
the exercise would be good
Senior Aide Program (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 28, 2017
same would be good on your brakes you could get some exercise in making you fit and in a good frame of mind that would be good for the of company and yourself that would be grate
Pros
maybe
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 8, 2017
A typical day at work was getting material ready for the kids, making copies for the teacher. Working with different grade levels was a challenge each child learned differently. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the smiling faces of the kids walking into the school.
It's Steady Employment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Municipal CenterOctober 26, 2017
They aren't laying people off so that's a plus. If I didn't care about advancement or a challenge or the possibility of raises or promotions...I'd probably stay forever. It's hard to get fired, my job is easy but the lack of opportunity is suffocating.
Pros
Steady work, benefits, decent pay
Cons
Dead end unless you change departments
laid back place to work
SENIOR PARK PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 13, 2017
I really liked it there but was recruited for a better paying job. advancement might have been tough as well but overall it was a fun job where I learned quite a bit
Pros
Easy going place
Cons
you can come complacent if not careful
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 11, 2017
I like my job with the city, longevity shows this. Great place to be employed. Has a lot benefits. Health insurance which is great. Everyone needs this.
Pros
Flex hours
Good steady work.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Good place to work, lots of space in offices. Busy so the time would fly by. Everyone really gets along well and we have potlucks for all birthdays and the big holidays. We also did a cookie exchange at Christmas time. Our bosses always joined in the fun and we discovered that some of the men a very good cooks. People out in the field were also very easy to get along with.
Pros
Very friendly people, including the bosses.
Cons
Only got 2 raises in 18 years. Nobody got raises.
good
Building & Grounds Supervisor / CWLP (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 31, 2017
good place to work for the city of springfield was at public works then came to power plant and has been also just they would have paid me more for all the good work i had given them
Bathroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 20, 2017
Great work atmosphere, a typical day at work consisted of me setting up the beach for patrons then regularly checking and sanitizing the bathrooms for patrons.
Not a bad place to work
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  City Hall, Springfield, MAAugust 9, 2017
Not a good or bad place to work. Just an average place. Some good days, some not good days. Typical day is spent working on the computer with the system or spreadsheets.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Paying for parking
typical govenment job
Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 3, 2017
Good job security once established, great benefits, some really good people to work with as a general rule. Some departments are better than others and the tend to be divided by departments and responsibilities.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
not equal treatment for all employees
City of Springfield
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 1, 2017
The most disappointing job that, I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the supervisor never has time to tend to your complaints. The coworkers are always complaining about every single thing.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unattentive staff
good place to work
Math Tutor Fellow (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2017
I have been in the system for 3 years and truly enjoy teaching children. I work with a wonderful staff. Every day is different and there is never a dull moment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Springfield. Our community is ready to answer.