City Of St. Louis Employee Reviews

Bad
Executive Assistant License Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
You will not be treated as an individual, rather as a commodity. They will pay you as little as they have to and you will have no job security. Poorly run.
great experience
Utility Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63118April 16, 2018
Sign In and Out. Pre-Trip Truck. Get assignment. Complete assignment to the best of your ability. Maintain safety at all times. Help others when ever needed
Work is work. Its the workers and management that makes the job hard.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2018
I work for the United States Postal Service and coming to work would be a breeze if it weren't for the people you work next to as well as the poor management.
Job stability
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
Most jobs are relatively stable but can be effected by department budget. The retirement/pension plan is good and there are lots of benefits offered for work/life balance. There are many great options within the organization if you decide to change career fields.
stressful atmosphere
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2018
maitaining inmates is a high stressful job you must always beaware of your surrounding be clear why you are there and clear about what you are doing come in clean go out clean maintain safety at all times for yourself, coworkers and inmates.
team work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2018
Team work being outside was relaxed for me . I enjoyed going to work friendly people good atmosphere environment beautiful attractions the pay was great
Secretary I (Current Employee) –  Public SafetyJanuary 27, 2018
Very relaxed environment and a great place to work. Would like to have started out making more but there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. I love servicing for the City.
I like my co-workers
Classification Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2018
I like working at my job because I enjoy helping people. Being able to direct someone to getting the help that they need to become a better person. Helping people to overcome their down fall and to get on track with their lives. I learn to take life serious, not take things for granted. I enjoy my job because today we provide several classes and opportunities for the inmates.
Average
Correctional Officer, St. Louis City (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriJanuary 15, 2018
PROS' This is a decent place to work for for someone is starting there career, to gain experience and while seeking their education.
You can move withing the different city departments. Cons; lack of staff, lack of departmental funds, lack of resources. Stressful environments
parking attendent
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2018
Work can be hard in the winter and summer because you are required to work outside. Low stress job. Not a lot of hours. Pretty much work on your own so the atmosphere is comfortable.
Worst employer ever
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  City of Saint Louis, MODecember 25, 2017
Spent five years working for the city. The most appalling thing ever was the day the mayor ordered city towing to the fire house I was stationed at with instructions to tow everyone’s cars. The tow truck driver told us he wasn’t there by choice and did not want to tow anyone but was ordered to. Thankfully we all moved our cars into the engine bay just in time. Never paid promptly, rarely paid accurately. Health insurance is about $15 per check for an individual which is great, but for a family it was about $500 per check. Never had an employer care less about me. Also, the city does NOT give two sh-ts about providing adequate emergency medical services. They have no ambulances available to respond about 15-20 times everyday. They don’t invest in their employees, the training is horrendous. I could go on and on.
Pros
Cons
Everything hint
Summary
Corrections Officer I (Current Employee) –  St Louis, MONovember 12, 2017
A work day is usually very busy. I learned how to work with different people and how to multitask. I also learned how to solve problems using sound judgment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with team player co workers who do not mind helping.
fun place to work
Gardener (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
great place to work, working for the airport was very nice, I learned a lot . you work 6am -3pm some days are harder than most and doing snow removal is the hardest, your working more hours.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
if you get hurt you will loose your job
Awesome workplace
Airfield Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
By far the best place I worked for in the city. Very organized & the coworkers are very friendly & positive. Awesome atmosphere & the equipment is well taken care of. I really learned a lot.
Pros
Piece of mind
Cons
None I can see so far
Working for the city of St. Louis, MO
Judicial Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
Have been able to help work with a several departments helping them to improve their job working with visitors and expected guests. Kept guests happy in jury duty.
Pros
Nice group of employes
Cons
Na
some of the employees are fun to be around
Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 2, 2017
the hardest opart is that they can fire you for anything but turn around and do the same thing you got fired forbut other than that some of the employees are fun to be around makes the day go by
Pros
good work place
Cons
healthcare is ok
Each department is different, but overall the city is a decent place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2017
I like my job but the change in leadership every four years makes for an uncertain job culture. If you want to stay civil service, there isn't much room for advancement. You are required to be a City of St. Louis resident and I think that is wrong. It's too expensive and you have little choice in public school options.
Pros
Great schedule.
Cons
City residency requirement.
productive place to work
Lead Utility worker (Former Employee) –  1400 market stSeptember 19, 2017
very good place to work, with benefits,& job security, plenty of overtime, uniforms, & job advancements. Also you can hold down another Job if desire to working here.
Pros
The money you can earn in overtime
Cons
some jobs or hittius
Excellent place of employment for new tradesmen
Building Maintenance Technician/supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2017
Overall it has been a great exchange with my knowledge learning and growing experience want to relocate into an environment more suitable for growth knowledge advancement opportunities with the capability of learning and sharing knowledge to grow and expand we repair/replace hvac units painting plumbing windows floors locks generate log and track work orders work well with others this facility is under the Department of Corrections and everything is ALWAYS🎈 in an alert state
Pros
Always something to repair never a sit down day
Cons
Budget/materials this is the department of corrections
City of St. Louis
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2017
As an employer, the City of St. Louis is considered a good employer for this area. The potential for growth is directly tied to politics and it should really be merit based.
Pros
Transitioned criminal justice to the City from independent
Cons
The residential restrictions are very limiting.