City of St. Louis Employee Reviews

City Of St Louis
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
Enjoy the job security. But pay raises and advancement was non existent, even when meeting all the requirements. I enjoyed most of my peers. There was a lack of diversity in management. I found myself sleep deprived most of my time during employment. The work life balance was awful.
Pros
40 Hour check
Cons
Advancement
Great experience.
Judicial Operational Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63103July 23, 2018
My court and administrative experience with the court for 16 years have equipped me with multitude of skills. Throughout my career I have demonstrated an exceptional facility for meeting organizational objectives and demands. My high level of concentration and excellent organizational skills have helped me achieve a strong work ethic which reflects my diligence and commitment to the success of my endeavor I am associated with.
Pros
Great experience to learn legal system.
Cons
Strict regulations and rules to abide.
dont get stuck
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint LouisJuly 9, 2018
Dont get too comfortable. Always be open to advanced. City Court works around your schedule. Its a good job to work at besides you have too pay for parking every 2 weeks which sucks!
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Paying for parking
Working for the city of st louis
Deputy Sheriff/Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Good place to work ups and downs like any other job can be stressful all departments are different some good some bad some of your hard work doesn't pay off
none of that
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Hoping you have a vehicle to drive,and being able to complete assignments.Dealing with workers not holding their weight was sometimes an issue.Some foreman always finding something wrong.
Pros
working alone sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Good place overall
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2018
Good place to start a career with great benefits. Have to proactive in seeking advance. Coworkers are generally nice to work with and management that is ok.
Nice place to intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint LouisJune 21, 2018
Decent internship opportunities, nice staff, good food, zumba class accessible via lunchroom.

Relaxed work environment, no complaints

Would have liked more projects
I enjoyed working for the City and being able to promote fresh ideas and empowerment in City Government
Director of Diversity/Inclusion (Former Employee) –  Mayor 's OfficeJune 5, 2018
I was the first person ever to hold this position, being African American and female I was able to bring a wealth of diversity and experience to this position in being able to effectively deal with constiuents over the entire City.
I introduced many programs and projects that worked well for Women, Children, and Economic Development.
Pros
Abililty to introduce a wealth of new ideas, project development and diversity and inclusion among City residents
Cons
Inequality of economic resources shared in the Black communities
Job security is the biggest part of working for the city
Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
If you want long term career, this is the place to be. However, if you want the ability to more upward through promotions, you will be very disappointed. And there is the compensation package which isn't very rewarding. In most cases, you will get a yearly 2% raise across the board, but that's it. The medical, dental, and sick and vacation time is a little better than what might be offered by some companies. But, you could come in thinking and hoping to make an impact and find yourself with management that will dash every ambition and dream.
Pros
The retirement package
Cons
It's too political. with no rewards. Run!
Busy and exciting
assist crew (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2018
Nice working atmosphere. A chance to grow. Newer equipment to drive. Location is nice. Lunch could be longer . Would like more money.Very friendly people to work with.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Not enough money
An Informative Place To work
St. Louis (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2018
I love the relaxed but busy environment at City Hall. It's a lot of friendly people here and you learn a lot about the city. I have gotten to see Mayor inaugurations, and a real close up view of how the city is ran.
Pros
unlimited timme off
Cons
salaries could increase
Bad
Executive Assistant License Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
You will not be treated as an individual, rather as a commodity. They will pay you as little as they have to and you will have no job security. Poorly run.
great experience
Utility Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63118April 16, 2018
Sign In and Out. Pre-Trip Truck. Get assignment. Complete assignment to the best of your ability. Maintain safety at all times. Help others when ever needed
Work is work. Its the workers and management that makes the job hard.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2018
I work for the United States Postal Service and coming to work would be a breeze if it weren't for the people you work next to as well as the poor management.
Job stability
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
Most jobs are relatively stable but can be effected by department budget. The retirement/pension plan is good and there are lots of benefits offered for work/life balance. There are many great options within the organization if you decide to change career fields.
stressful atmosphere
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2018
maitaining inmates is a high stressful job you must always beaware of your surrounding be clear why you are there and clear about what you are doing come in clean go out clean maintain safety at all times for yourself, coworkers and inmates.
team work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2018
Team work being outside was relaxed for me . I enjoyed going to work friendly people good atmosphere environment beautiful attractions the pay was great
Secretary I (Current Employee) –  Public SafetyJanuary 27, 2018
Very relaxed environment and a great place to work. Would like to have started out making more but there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. I love servicing for the City.
I like my co-workers
Classification Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2018
I like working at my job because I enjoy helping people. Being able to direct someone to getting the help that they need to become a better person. Helping people to overcome their down fall and to get on track with their lives. I learn to take life serious, not take things for granted. I enjoy my job because today we provide several classes and opportunities for the inmates.
Average
Correctional Officer, St. Louis City (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MissouriJanuary 15, 2018
PROS' This is a decent place to work for for someone is starting there career, to gain experience and while seeking their education.
You can move withing the different city departments. Cons; lack of staff, lack of departmental funds, lack of resources. Stressful environments