City of St. Louis Employee Reviews

Great job
Chief of Security (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2019
Working with the St. Louis City Division of Corrections is great. I have the support of all upper Level Supervisors. The Hours are great. The Location is close to everything in the downtown area.
not a great work place
Water Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2019
management is truly unfair in there process in hiring its more so on a friend base and they don’t want you to work hard they want you to be at a slow past to drag the job on and on
I was not Happy
Citizen Service Bureau Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2019
The role that was in made me feel helpless. I had to listen to the cries for help from the people in my city pass along the message and hope that the dept has enough money and supplies to fix it in a timely manner. There was nothing i could do when people would call and yell about the same thing over and over again. I wish there was something more i could have done. You don't receive real training and that is very sad. Your supervisor makes you feel like you are a child and there is no respect in the office. Very high turn over rate due to the lack of respect and understanding.
Pros
Monday - Friday 8-5
Cons
Poor Management, High turn over rate and negative vibes in the office.
Interesting
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2019
As a deputy I was always on guard and aware of my surroundings. I had to make sure I was up to date on all procedures of evacuations, courtroom manners and any changes to the law enforcement laws. I enjoyed my job and it was very rewarding.
Stressful
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 25, 2018
Needs more personal for the daily operations of the buildings and needs to be made safer for operations personal and needs to pay for parking in the downtown area
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Overtime
Computer Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2018
The job started off fine. As soon as the new administration took over everything changed. The system was out dated. Thing wouldn't get fix in a amply amount of time. Days maybe weeks.
Cons
Working for the city is alright....
Tree Trimmer Foreman (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2018
The city is good for there benefit package .curtain jobs have a lot of jobs advancement and some don't and the pay could be e a lot better then what they are paying....
Pros
You might get to leave early around the holidays
Cons
The benefits are not that bad
Is a productive and fun working atmosphere
Lifeguard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United statesDecember 7, 2018
I would recommend anybody to work for the city of Saint Louis it's like fun laid back relaxed job to work I think any department is worth working for most definitely
Traumatizing
Correctional Officer 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2018
Do your research before applying there! It will save you a lot of heartache and pain! The city protects its higher ups! You MUST have thick skin to work there. Not for the weak!
Cons
Dangerous
Overall I loved dealing with the public
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2018
The job was very demanding and required being on your feet constantly and was tiring. Required a lot of walking and constant monitoring of parking meters.
Construction Equipment operator
Construction Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2018
Took actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers,or falling objects, Monitored operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met etc.....
Pros
Enjoyed the a jobs
Very unproductive
St. Louis (Current Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 20, 2018
Could use a lot of support from upper management. Needs a new set of ideas throughout company.

Many people in the company have become sediment and are waiting on retirement.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Reactive environment, no proactivity
The real deal
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2018
If you truley enjoy being an EMT or Paramedic, this is best place around to do your job. You wont ever run a transfer. Lots of high acuity calls. Best experience in the St. Louis area. Personally I like my supervisors. We could use more medic units. You will be busy night or day shift. If you dont like running calls then no need to apply but if you actually wanna do your job City is the place to be.
Pros
Commrodery skills
Nepotism galore
Program Specialist (Finance & Accounting) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2018
If you did not get hired with a degree and started degrees you did not receive an increase in salary.

No tuition reimbursement. Due to budget constraints, you are overworked.

If you get promoted to a higher level, your salary will be 5% of the base salary of the position of the advance position not predicated on your experience or advanced education.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism
A typical day at work
Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2018
A typical day at work is very fast paced, and full of repetitive activity which requires you to pay close attention to details when doing your work and paying attention to each customer needs.
City Of St Louis
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
Enjoy the job security. But pay raises and advancement was non existent, even when meeting all the requirements. I enjoyed most of my peers. There was a lack of diversity in management. I found myself sleep deprived most of my time during employment. The work life balance was awful.
Pros
40 Hour check
Cons
Advancement
This is a Government job that help the community of St. Louis City
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 1, 2018
Great job to get public experience and knowledge. Health Department educate people on healthy living so that they are able to live productive lives. I would recommend a friend or family member to fill out an application.
Pros
Any one can get help from the City of St. Louis Health Department
Cons
No enough resources because of money restraints
Great experience.
Judicial Operational Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63103July 23, 2018
My court and administrative experience with the court for 16 years have equipped me with multitude of skills. Throughout my career I have demonstrated an exceptional facility for meeting organizational objectives and demands. My high level of concentration and excellent organizational skills have helped me achieve a strong work ethic which reflects my diligence and commitment to the success of my endeavor I am associated with.
Pros
Great experience to learn legal system.
Cons
Strict regulations and rules to abide.
dont get stuck
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint LouisJuly 9, 2018
Dont get too comfortable. Always be open to advanced. City Court works around your schedule. Its a good job to work at besides you have too pay for parking every 2 weeks which sucks!
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Paying for parking
Working for the city of st louis
Deputy Sheriff/Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Good place to work ups and downs like any other job can be stressful all departments are different some good some bad some of your hard work doesn't pay off