City of Sun Prairie Employee Reviews

good part time position
Softball Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 12, 2018
Working for the Sun Prairie Recreation Department has been rewarding. Good management, good staff. I have been supervised by various directors and have gotten along with all of them. The most enjoyable part is training new umpires to work and seeing them excel at their jobs.
Pros
part time positions available all year round
Cons
not a full time position available
Badly run property tax assessment office with employees with little or no qualifications .
Property Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 9, 2018
Division I worked in poorly managed with little understanding of statutory requirements but great understanding of internal politics. Property tax assessments seemed to be based on little else than the assessor's whims or dislikes of property owners. Failure to adhere to state statutes and unwillingness to use current cost models contributed to inequities assessor is bound by law to uphold..
Pros
Municipal benefits
Cons
Bad management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 23, 2017
great place to work, wonderful people all very helpful, always willing to help when asked, didn't had any benefits as it was only temporary and part time job.
Fun workplace with great co-workers and supervisors
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIDecember 30, 2016
Very relaxed and fun environment to work in. The co-workers and supervisors listen to each other and work with everyone. I learned of other city functions that broadened my learning and computer abilities.
Pros
listen to music while working
Cons
tall cube walls
Planning/Finance Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WISeptember 8, 2014
I was an intern for the planning and finance departments. I created reports for both departments, created GIS map documents, conducted GPS surveys, worked with fiscal spreadsheet models, created powerpoint presenations, good coworkers, very well run municpal government in a desirable growing town.