City of Sunrise Employee Reviews

Great learning experience but poor management
Seasonal Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 7, 2019
As my first job, I went in thinking it would be like when I was in summer camp years before. As it turns out, management in all areas changed and rules became so much more difficult. Kids did not have fun due to strict guidelines, which made my job harder. Many employees and managers quit or left before end of summer without replacements and ended the summer very poorly. Never went back!
Pros
Free trips to fun places
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 9, 2018
Supervisied 50-100 children on a daily basis.
Managed 4-15 counselors.
Learned how to manage behaviors for all different types of children.
Most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing/field trip the activities with the children.
Productive, pleasant place to work
Finance Department Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 9, 2018
Everyone works as a team. Management is there to help you when needed.
Typical day is handling inbound & outbound calls. Entering information to the computer.
field trips and games
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 30, 2018
we eat breakfast, then take the kids outside to to filed and play kickball or soccer. we then go inside and play group games then go to lunch. we then go to gym and they eat a snack and go home.
Pros
field trip are free
Cons
short breaks
its great place to work at everyone gets along with each other
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 30, 2018
its a great place to work and learned new things as you go when things need to be done you have to get into a quick paste there's a lot of task that needed to be done
Pros
riase
Great working experience
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 29, 2018
Great working experience. Learned a lot about the city processes. Good work environment. There is work life balance if shift or schedule fits you life.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Night and weekend shifts
Poor management
Utilities Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 29, 2018
Poor management I have nothing else to say about the city of Sunrise. Not sure why this is mandatory. Will this be shared with other personal? Please explain.
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
Low salary
Not a great place to apply extensive knowledge and experience
ERP Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 4, 2018
The City of Sunrise has a culture of favoritism. old peer relationships outweigh Technical and Project Management knowledge. Departmental Directors are on board with moving forward with Technology, but IT Management and City Management favoritism are impacting projects.
Pros
Paid Healthcare
Cons
Favoritism
Limited experience
Utilities Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 8, 2018
I would come in and pick up my truck and wait for work order to be completed. I also repaired water lines, replaced water meters. Flushed out fire hydrant in the city.
Pros
limited supervision
Cons
No advancement
Great pay, Nice Coworkers
Public Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Could treat the part timers a little better and offer more hours to work. The work is very straightforward, training for newcomers could be better.
Pros
Good Pay, nice coworkers
Cons
Favoritism, unfair scheduling
city of sunrise actives with kids
SEASONAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Duties: Ensure the safety and well-being of campers. Duties included organizing games, assisting with homework, and providing support to students when needed.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
only seasonal
Working for Sunrise
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 31, 2017
The coworkers at City of Sunrise are truly a pleasure to work with. Almost everyone becomes family and the work environment is very peaceful. The work you do however, isn't. Every job is tedious and requires you to be a fast learner and organized.
Great first job
Soccer Referee (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 11, 2017
The tasks are very simple so it is a great first job for teenagers. The hours are very flexible for someone that is busy. The manager always works with employees to make them feel safe and listened to. The most enjoyable part of the job is the growth and experience. Working with children is always rewarding because they soak in every single lesson learned on the field.
Pros
working with energetic children
Cons
working in the rain
Best experience of my life
FIREFIGHTER/ PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 24, 2017
I have never had a job like this before or after. I loved the comradery. I learned how to work as a team and take care of the people you work with. We had to trust each other from chief's to just regular firefighter/paramedics, because you never knew who was gonna be in the next fire with you and who might be saving who's life.
fun work place
Coach/Counseler, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 10, 2016
very nice people to work with and pay is great. great hours and it is a nice first job for pre teens that are looking to work for the first time. you have to have patince with working with kids.
great opportunity
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 1, 2016
working here helped me discover my second love was working with children and teaching theatre. i've been working there 3 years now and i love it and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Loved this job
Seasonal Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 30, 2016
I always had work to do. I helped many people around the office and they were all very kind. It can get a bit tiring and boring from looking at papers and a copy machined all day.
Pros
Very kind co-workers great hours
Human Resource Associate - July 2014 – June 2015 (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 25, 2016
City of Sunrise is a great city to work for. They care about their employees and make it easy for us to complete tasks daily.
High moral working environment
Dual Licensed C Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 3, 2016
Working at the city of Sunrise is business as usual but at the same time everybody is having completing there daily task.I enjoy working with my coworkers too.
Na
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Stuffy corporate dress. Coworkers were very corporate. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the public and employees outside the HR department.
Pros
I was able to work independently.
Cons
The environment was a little too rigid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Sunrise. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5