City of Sunrise Employee Reviews

Not a great place to apply extensive knowledge and experience
ERP Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 4, 2018
The City of Sunrise has a culture of favoritism. old peer relationships outweigh Technical and Project Management knowledge. Departmental Directors are on board with moving forward with Technology, but IT Management and City Management favoritism are impacting projects.
Pros
Paid Healthcare
Cons
Favoritism
Relax, no opportunity to move up
Utilities Service Person (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 8, 2018
I have worked for the city of Sunrise for over 6 years, nothing changes. I go to work and I sit in front of computer screen and answer the phone from resident that have a complain about a loss of water services. I have learned a lot about the utilities that are provided to residents in a city and how the department operates. The job that I have has a lot of down time so I used it to obtain my bachelor's degree and continuing my education with my Masters in human resources or construction management. I feel that I can do more and to get ahead you have to know someone, instead of having knowledge and experience.
Pros
Security
Cons
Mindless job, no career advances.
city of sunrise actives with kids
SEASONAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Duties: Ensure the safety and well-being of campers. Duties included organizing games, assisting with homework, and providing support to students when needed.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
only seasonal
Great first job
Soccer Referee (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 11, 2017
The tasks are very simple so it is a great first job for teenagers. The hours are very flexible for someone that is busy. The manager always works with employees to make them feel safe and listened to. The most enjoyable part of the job is the growth and experience. Working with children is always rewarding because they soak in every single lesson learned on the field.
Pros
working with energetic children
Cons
working in the rain
Best experience of my life
FIREFIGHTER/ PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 24, 2017
I have never had a job like this before or after. I loved the comradery. I learned how to work as a team and take care of the people you work with. We had to trust each other from chief's to just regular firefighter/paramedics, because you never knew who was gonna be in the next fire with you and who might be saving who's life.
Loved this job
Seasonal Counselor 1 (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 30, 2016
I always had work to do. I helped many people around the office and they were all very kind. It can get a bit tiring and boring from looking at papers and a copy machined all day.
Pros
Very kind co-workers great hours
High moral working environment
Dual Licensed C Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 3, 2016
Working at the city of Sunrise is business as usual but at the same time everybody is having completing there daily task.I enjoy working with my coworkers too.
Exciting highly skilled demmanding Tech Support environment.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 10, 2015
I provided Tech Support for the entire City staff and its Wide Area Network WAN which includes: City Managers Office, City Clerks Office, City Commission Office, City Attorneys Office, Finance department, Public Service division, Central Services division, Purchasing department, Risk Management department, Human Resources department, Community Development Department, Building Department, Code Enforcement department, GAS department, Utilities Department, Public Works division, City Garage division, Leisure Services Department, Sunrise Senior Center, Sunrise Police Department, Sunrise Fire Department Sunrise Seven Bridges Golf Course, Information Technologies Department and the GIS division. I had hundreds of co-workers and I always took pleasure in serving them with excellent customer service. The hardest part of the Job was those rare occasions when the phone did not ring for over 20 minutes or so. The City of Sunrise has a complex Wide Area Network which comprise various computing platforms and operating systems I grew along the department over the years in experience and valuable computer hardware, software knowledge. The most enjoyable part of the job is making an upset customer smile by giving them top notch customer service.
Hours of work were great.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 14, 2015
Started early in the mornings and got off early enough to pick up children from school. Learned how to deal with every citizen blaming you the City worker for everything wrong with the city. Never met a bad person who worked for the city. Hardest part was when rats or bats fell out of trees.
Pros
The hours.
Cons
The pay.
Excellent work ethics
Accounting Clerk/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FloridaFebruary 27, 2015
I loved working with the City of Sunrise. The job included processing weekly departmental payroll along with researching and processing adjustments.

I also worked in the Water Department, where I researched past due accounts and reorganized the departments filing system.

Want to know more about City of Sunrise?

Ask a question
Easy going but professional workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 21, 2015
City of Sunrise is a great city to work for. They care about their employees and make it easy for us to complete tasks daily. Management did not micro manage and trusted the employees to carry out daily the functions of the facility.
Productive and fun place to work with great people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 11, 2014
I love my job working with City of Sunrise. It's a fast paced hard working environment and over the 4 years that I have been employed, I have continued to learn new things on a daily basis.
Temp job
Code Enforcement Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 15, 2013
I helped write code enforcement slips and addressed issues businesses had with the city codes.
fun workplace with lots of teamplayers
Billing Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 31, 2012
i ran this business for over 8 years. I got free gas and paid days off.
Pros
gas, vacations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Sunrise. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5