CITY OF TRACY Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unfair job
Recreation Leader 2 - After School Program (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 26, 2018
This job is okay as a stepping stone perhaps. Management revolves around favoritism and therefore there is no room to advance. There is zero leadership and you are pretty much on your own all the time. You are expected to coordinate and lead your job location with zero training. There is no rules that apply, everyone does their own thing and its all done differently. The amount of hard work and effort you put into your job will never be recognized.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Nepotism. That is all.
Recreation Lead II/Parks and Rec Dept (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 18, 2018
Forget about ever moving up or being given an opportunity to shine. The people who run this department aren't going anywhere any time soon and they make sure their friends and relatives get the jobs that hard working underlings should be promoted too.
Pros
Great coworkers who suffer together under the thumb of cruel management
Cons
Everything else
City of tracy
Mantence 1 (Current Employee) –  520 Tracy blvdOctober 12, 2017
Matemce worker 1 mowers edergers backpack blower weedeat. Plant trees get reservation ready clean restroom ride mowers pick uptrash listin to my supevisor when ask to do thing
Pros
Cons
15 min breaks
City of Tracy Landscape Assistance
Assistant City Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 26, 2016
I learned how to use a power water steamer, assisted in maintaining sprinkler systems throughout City of Tracy. Position eliminated based on contract.
Pros
Great Opportunity to learn
Cons
Contract between City of Tracy & Summer Youth Program incomplete
Stereotypical government agency
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 10, 2016
Thgouigh many good and decent people work there, the organizational culture is one of low expectations and mediocrity. Your best chance at advancement is nepotism.
Stereotypical Public Service
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 10, 2016
Pays great and they don't expect much. Those jokes you hear about city workers- all true. The organizational culture is one of mediocrity and low expectations. No one with any real self respect can stand to work here for very long. I tried but hated it every day.

Advancement and management is by the good ol' boy/girl system with no regard for abilities or qualifications. In my department the manager hid and passed the buck all the time.

I enjoyed the times I was able to accomplish something, but mostly these people don't want to do any work and they resent anyone whop does.
Unity with Co-workers
Assistant City Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAOctober 6, 2016
Distributing products to those in need gave me so much joy. Co-workers were great and united in getting the job done. I learned how to store products, distribute to public.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Season ended too quickly
Very Satisfying Experience with Positive Environment
Select Staffing- Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 13, 2016
Very Productive and Positive Environment. Pleasant employees and precise instruction. Work was very steady with times of extreme volume of people.
Fun
Community service volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 12, 2016
I've always enjoyed working with kids and working hands on, being active. My job was to coach the kds, and give them tips on playing basketball. But, not just to play the game but to teach them how to work as a team at the ages of 8-11. You get to build relationships with little kids who enjoy the same thing that you do as well.
I was a volunteer at the senior center
Volunteer, Lolly Hansen Senior Center (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 8, 2014
I really liked being a volunteer and wanted to work full time, but was not hired and I wish I knew why. The seniors really liked me and were sad I stopped volunteering.

I received a degree in social sciences and this would have been the perfect job for me.
Pros
Being able to enjoy the seniors who came into the center
Cons
Not being hired full time
I liked working with seniors
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 15, 2013
I volunteered in college and this is why I applied for a job with the city. All the seniors liked me and probably missed me when I stopped volunteering. I loved all the seniors and all the excitement they shared with one another any myself.
Pros
The seniors and their excitement for life
Cons
fun and enjoyable outside job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 21, 2013
my daily job was to maintain city parks. ie clean, plant trees and bushes, edge and blow the grass, trim hedges or trees and do general maintenance at parks