City of Wichita Falls, Texas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoyed working for the City of Wichita Falls, Texas.
Wichita Falls Public Library Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 23, 2018
I liked being with people of all ages and learning with them at the Wichita Falls Public Library. I would honestly say most of the staff became a work family for me. I started out as an assistant on the Circulation desk. I then worked as a Youth Librarian assistant, then a Circulation Manager. I retired as the Library Supervisor. I learned to enjoy and looked forward to every day with the staff and customers. I wrote tickets for Library materials we could not get returned. This gave me an opportunity to work with the city courts. Many great people work there. I recommend this to all Libraries.
The City of Wichita Falls helped me and could not have been any nicer to me and their employees.
Storytime and Summer reading programs, Youth and Adult were my most enjoyable jobs.
Was good at first.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 28, 2018
You’re hired for a specific job but end up doing several and expected to keep up with your own business. Virtually no help from upper management because it’s so disorganized they don’t even know how to help you nor do they want to figure out how.. They just use the blanket term “just make it your own” and then gripe when it’s not what they want. Training is a joke when you have people trying to train you and don’t even know what your job requires. It’s a mess.
Pros
Nada
Very enjoyable atomospher
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Great people. Good place to work. Low stress level in the custodial department. Ideal for a retired person to work. Earn eitht hours of sick leave per month.
Great atmosphere for work
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 30, 2017
Worked overtime when needed for concerts . Liked the people I worked with.made some lasting friends and memories working there. Gave me some good knowledge on how thing's work.
Pros
Got to see some concerts
Mgr at bus station is horrible, treats customers and employees ugly.
travel center (Former Employee) –  city Wichita FallsJuly 16, 2017
Mgr has miserable employees and clueless that it is because of her. She is confrontational with customers and very loud and rude. She nit picks employees and wouldn't know a good one when she got one.
greta people
USW 1. CCTV sewer camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 17, 2017
great work place always has work to do . good benefits. goof structure. great family work enviroment. will always recommend them as a goto place of work
a very stable work environment
Automotive Equipment Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of preparing for the task of the day...I learned that as a leader, you can't please everyone all the time, and that you have to learn not to show any favoritism.
Pros
As a leader, I knew that once we accomplished our daily task we could relax and prepare for the next days tasks
Cons
work was very labor intensive
good place to work
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 16, 2015
nice place of employment.learned a lot about animal laws,rights and procedures.a whole lot of red tape and politics but is normal for a government job.enjoyed working wth several people as well as public
Pros
hours, pay, benifits
Cons
on call