City of Winter Park Employee Reviews

Less than your typical municipal position.It's a political environment but still has a good ole boy network in play.
Division Manager -Facilities (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 16, 2018
Less than your typical municipal position. Yes, it's a political environment but still has a good ole boy network in play.

The Job was satisfying, the management and HR are sub-par, there is undermining, baiting, and an overall feeling of distrust in every department.

You never knew from one day to the next what the City and under management were secretly planning.

Not a good feeling in the work place !!!
Fun work place
Rec Leader (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Great environment , great after school program, family-oriented, slow-paced work environment, lots of down time, well micro-managed. Great for a number of various events
Need more full time postions
Driver/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 26, 2018
City of winter park pays fairly well then other city jobs! They need to hire more full time employees so it won't be so much turn over! We did not get a raise from 2008-2011!
Great workplace
Water Utility Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 21, 2017
Hands on training type of job. Foe me that is how i learn best. The typical day would start would with what our work orders instructed. For example a n address may need to have a meter exchange so we would go exchange it and document it.
Job Security, City Government
Accounts Payable Coordinator, Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 2, 2017
Good Benefits, ALOT of deadlines, OLD Building! JOB SECURITY, City Government. Paid holidays, sick time, PTO. City Management favors their managers and supports them to a fault.
Benefits
Cons
Old building
Fun learning the officers and systems
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 26, 2017
Entered citations and incident reports in the system. Back up receptionist, filed reports and made copies for individuals and lawyers who came in for copies.
Pros
Great fun within my degree.
Cons
Supervisor
Too Clicky
Utility Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  CompundAugust 22, 2016
City Hall folks are phony, they lie to your face. They promise you everything at the beginning. Hr Dept. is a joke. They want processes and guidelines, but don't want input from the troops.
Pros
There is no Pro's
Cons
Alot of deceitful people
Local Government Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 18, 2016
Our HR initiatives are driven largely by the requests and desires of the affluent residents of this wonderful city. That made our contributions rewarding and noticeable to all who visit this magnificent town.

The mission vision of our HR division was erratic from time to time as long-term initiatives and projects were put aside in an effort to immediately satisfy the lofty demands of residents which sometimes created frustration among front-line employees.

The pride of being a public servant of this remarkable city have been most gratifying. However, the rewards of hard work and superior results seems to be more appreciated in the private sector where I am choosing to return at this time.
Pros
Winter Park is an aesthetically beautiful location to live, shop, dine and play.
Cons
Modest compensation.
Productive work environment
Code Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 17, 2015
Local government that has ordinances for citizens to abide by. Help many citizens come into compliance if they are in violation. Educate many citizens about the ordinances. Meet a lot of people and develop a close relationship with a few residents within the City. Work as a team within my department. Step in a supervisor when current supervisor is out.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Can get very political
Fantastic department to work for
Firefighter / Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 11, 2014
Ive been employed with the city for 12 years. The fire department is a way of life, a family, a home away from home for 24 sometimes 48 hours at a time. I have a great crew and trustworthy leadership, all of whom i entrust my life and consider family.
Pros
A very fun working environment, able to exercise and workout, good compensation, healthcare and benefits, awesome schedule
Cons
healthcare is good but premiums continue to rise
Enjoyed this job and grew
Lead Life Guard/ Girls on Fire Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 21, 2013
On an average day I had a list of tasks to complete before my designated time to leave. Mostly I would work with the teens.
Stable city government
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 8, 2013
Winter Park is a small enough city to see how your work makes a difference daily. The location is wonderful and the work environment is friendly and cooperative.

Lots of interdepartmental interaction and opportunities for training and professional development.
Pros
Great benefits, internal transfers to different positions.
Cons
Depending on the department, job descriptions/expectations can be vague.