City of Wyoming Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MISeptember 17, 2018
Highly stressful. Intense pressure. Pay rate is good. Benefits are great. Can not leave the job at the end of the day. Constant pressure. Good friends.
Productive and everchanging surroundings
City Councilman (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNSeptember 2, 2018
Part of an elected group responsible for exercising the necessary powers and duties to protect the long-range welfare of the city and it’s over 3,825 citizens. Great city staff to work with helping to guide the direction of the city's services and growth.
Pros
Dynamic and ever changing environment
Cons
Some feedback from public is pretty tough
Exciting, productive place to work
Master Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MiMay 25, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed serving the citizen's of Wyoming and enjoyed my job. I learned how to communicate with people, this job helped me mature. The hardest part of the job was watching all the pain and strive that we as people put ourselves through.
Pros
Seving the public
Cons
Ambitious supervisors
Very organized
Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the community and meeting new people. Encouraging clients to set goals and help them meet them. Every day is a learning process that makes you grow as a person.
fun place to work, but do not receive enough credit for what you do
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 17, 2017
loved going to different places and always being on my feet. Did not like the hours or pay. not much place to advance into and sometimes parents treated it as a day care with little to no involvement in the program.
Team 21 is great
TEAM 21 GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 18, 2016
Team 21 is a great after school program. It is so rewarding to work and play and get to know these kids. We help with homework. Go on outings, play games, and teach them new activities. Pretty awesome!
Good Part-Time Job
Team 21 Activity Leader - Wyoming Public Schools (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 30, 2016
The position has a Monday - Thursday work schedule and revolves around the school year calendar (times vary according to school).

The daily schedule involves academic support, physical fitness and STEM activities. Creating your own lesson plans gives the activity leader a lot of room for creativity. The students could be challenging sometimes, but it kept our afternoons interesting.

The only room for advancement with this position is to become a Site Coordinator. This advancement requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree with Education and/or Child Development background.
Pros
The position works well as a second job and the timeframes allow you to get home around 7p
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement
Planning Assistant and DDA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 14, 2016
While this job was extremely challenging, it was extremely satisfying. The management encouraged an interactive work environment which led to employees wanting to work harder and be a part of the team.
Pros
Wonderful work environment
Cons
Winters were too cold
Fun and creates an open minded mentality
TEAM 21 program Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working the middle school students.
I would typically work from 2-6 pm, I would help the students with there homework and afterwards participated in the planned activities.
The site coordinator I initially worked with was excellent in managing the site, the students, and created a positive environment. The most challenging part was planning activities that were educational and fun at the same time.
The most enjoyable part was working with the students each day and see their progress.
Pros
Field Trips, flexible
Cons
Very routinely
The benefits are what encouraged me to stay in this position.
Building Inspections Dpt Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIFebruary 24, 2016
Most of the time, family involvement was encouraged and supported. The benefits were very nice. There was little advancement opportunity and security. The management was extremely involved in each aspect of your work but was unwilling to understand your position despite requests. Furthermore, they were either too "flexible" or too harsh. Lateral co-workers were pleasant for the most part. The individuals directly in my office tended to be cooperative and pleasant.
Pros
Benefis
Cons
Management styles, Lack of support, Lack of advancement possibilities
Fun and easy going
Seasonal Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 2, 2015
Not a bad summer job. Mostly outdoor work like landscaping and lawnmowing, typically working 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day per week.
Everyone I had contact with was wonderful!! I loved working there but it was only temporary.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIDecember 11, 2012
I would go in at 6am and get out at 3:30 it was only a summer job but the people I worked with were amazing. Its like a family there and the work was easy and not demanding at all. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the heat. The more enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with