City of Wyoming

City of Wyoming Employee Reviews

United States16 reviews
Great benefits Management needs to promote by knowledge and work ethic rather than who can pass a written test or tell them what they want to hear in a interview. Good bunch of people to work with. Overtime is available. Four day work week
Looking for a great place for seasonal employment that will get you out of a cramped office space and in the outdoors? Look no further than the City of Wyoming, my experience there has been top notch, the fellow parks employees are friendly and offer plenty of guidance, the parks are all beautiful and great to work at. They give you 40 hours each week and even though the days seem long the 3 days off a week more than makes up for it.
They were so accommodating to my schedule and I absolutely love my job. It is the best job I have ever had. The treat you well and support you in all you do.
Pay and benefits are good. Not great. Necessary reductions caused by factors outside the scope of current management lead to decreased pay and benefits. However, even though minor pay raises occur the increases are normally less than increased costs related to other benefits. In fairness local government income is very dependent on factors outside management control.

Overall management is good. They are constantly seeking engagement from staff. Much of sought after engagement began to feel routine and undervalued. Management does give positive feed back and acknowledges good work with accolades.
Pros
A good place to call home with the right supervisor
Cons
The current pay and benefit structure is lagging
Highly stressful. Intense pressure. Pay rate is good. Benefits are great. Can not leave the job at the end of the day. Constant pressure. Good friends.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Part of an elected group responsible for exercising the necessary powers and duties to protect the long-range welfare of the city and it’s over 3,825 citizens. Great city staff to work with helping to guide the direction of the city's services and growth.
Pros
Dynamic and ever changing environment
Cons
Some feedback from public is pretty tough
I thoroughly enjoyed serving the citizen's of Wyoming and enjoyed my job. I learned how to communicate with people, this job helped me mature. The hardest part of the job was watching all the pain and strive that we as people put ourselves through.
Pros
Seving the public
Cons
Ambitious supervisors
I enjoyed working with the community and meeting new people. Encouraging clients to set goals and help them meet them. Every day is a learning process that makes you grow as a person.
loved going to different places and always being on my feet. Did not like the hours or pay. not much place to advance into and sometimes parents treated it as a day care with little to no involvement in the program.
Team 21 is a great after school program. It is so rewarding to work and play and get to know these kids. We help with homework. Go on outings, play games, and teach them new activities. Pretty awesome!
The position has a Monday - Thursday work schedule and revolves around the school year calendar (times vary according to school).

The daily schedule involves academic support, physical fitness and STEM activities. Creating your own lesson plans gives the activity leader a lot of room for creativity. The students could be challenging sometimes, but it kept our afternoons interesting.

The only room for advancement with this position is to become a Site Coordinator. This advancement requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree with Education and/or Child Development background.
Pros
The position works well as a second job and the timeframes allow you to get home around 7p
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement
While this job was extremely challenging, it was extremely satisfying. The management encouraged an interactive work environment which led to employees wanting to work harder and be a part of the team.
Pros
Wonderful work environment
Cons
Winters were too cold
I enjoyed working the middle school students.
I would typically work from 2-6 pm, I would help the students with there homework and afterwards participated in the planned activities.

The site coordinator I initially worked with was excellent in managing the site, the students, and created a positive environment. The most challenging part was planning activities that were educational and fun at the same time.

The most enjoyable part was working with the students each day and see their progress.
Pros
Field Trips, flexible
Cons
Very routinely
Most of the time, family involvement was encouraged and supported. The benefits were very nice. There was little advancement opportunity and security. The management was extremely involved in each aspect of your work but was unwilling to understand your position despite requests. Furthermore, they were either too "flexible" or too harsh. Lateral co-workers were pleasant for the most part. The individuals directly in my office tended to be cooperative and pleasant.
Pros
Benefis
Cons
Management styles, Lack of support, Lack of advancement possibilities
Not a bad summer job. Mostly outdoor work like landscaping and lawnmowing, typically working 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day per week.
I would go in at 6am and get out at 3:30 it was only a summer job but the people I worked with were amazing. Its like a family there and the work was easy and not demanding at all. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the heat. The more enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with