CityMD Employee Reviews

If I could give zero stars I would
Aftercare (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 30, 2018
The company itself is a growing company . The ceo needs to re evaluate who he puts in charge in terms of management . The aftercare department was the worst department of them all . Management sucks and the supervisors are very petty. If I could give aftercare a negative star I would ! If you need help there is no one who you could feel comfortable to ask. They are a very biased department. The favorites get favor while the people who are non suck ups , get the short end of the stick. I wouldn’t recommend the aftercare department to anyone.
Pros
Snacks and air
Cons
Long hours Sitting.
Great Stepping stone for future Medical Professionals
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
I truly loved working for this company. The staff was amazing, and you really felt like you were a part of a team. Unfortunately when you get promoted, there are way too many pressures thrown your way. If you aren't on the right side of things, you end up being burned in the end. Coming from an experienced management professional, I can honestly say that this company could stand to promote from within instead of hiring outside, and expecting existing employees to train someone who will be taking a higher position, its a slap in the face!
Good people, great team, excellent experience
Medical Assistant/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 14, 2018
Sites can be extremely fast-paced or very slow, depending on location. Staff and Physicians were all incredibly nice, talented, and patient. Great customer service. Staff knows how to work tremendously hard, yet find time to laugh with each other. My experience was: incredibly awesome people, but you're still working for a company trying to grow and minimize risk, which means many policies that can be annoying. Physicians will go out of there way to teach you or let you observe.
Pros
Awesome teammates, quick-pace
Cons
Short breaks
Eh, good experience, I guess
FINANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 24, 2018
I personally had an issue with my direct supervisor, so I am kind of biased. If you are applying to work in the finance department, please reconsider. It is not a real finance department. You copy and paste data from one spreadsheet, to another. It is more like a customer service department, that handles financial transactions. I was expected to proofread my supervisors emails and documents because of the poor grammar and spelling this person had. The raise one year was 12 cents. The schedule was set in stone, they do not let you change your shift. The lunch hours at the time were a paid 1/2 hour, and you had to clock in and out at your desk. There was a nice cafeteria downstairs in the building, but you were only allowed to go down there during your lunch break.
Pros
Free 'healthy' snacks, quarterly meetings, good company vision, 401K matching
Cons
Poor management, very strict, micro-managers, poor salary increases
Poor Management and Poor compensation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYSeptember 14, 2018
First and foremost, if you work and live on LI, your training sites are horrendous. The employees are rude, you will learn nothing, and they are all very caddy. They complain that they have to train and will ignore you the entire day if you let them. Do not even bother applying if you dont have open availability or just want to work part time. Now lets talk about their management. Though most of the regional managers are great, the ones running the sites are usually rude, and unprofessional. They hire most of them from within, which there is nothing wrong about moving up within the company but these positions are definitely given to those who dont deserve it or kiss butt to get the job. Overall, I regret working for CityMD.
Pros
Free healthcare at the sites
Cons
little break time, short staffed, horrible management, salary is NOT competitive.
Unfair Advancements
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJanuary 9, 2019
CityMD will always give advancements to the people who kiss up the most. It does not go by work ethic, quality of work, or how you handle situations.
I used to love this company until new management came in and changed everything.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Unlikely Advancements
great place to work but they need to pay more
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2018
I work at CityMD as a medical assistant. I love the work environment and the people I work with. unfortunately the pay for MAs are horrible. we are responsible for a lot yet we are paid less than scribes, even with my years of experience the pay isn't good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
the pay isnt good
Engaged work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2018
Physicians are easy to work with and become a mentor. The organization lives by their mission statement and develops staff to grow within the organization. A typical workday is shadowing the physician and serving the community at large.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Productive and motivational work place
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 20, 2018
Overall a great company with a great message and good treatment towards employees. Alot of room for growth. great service for patients. Very enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits/ flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work place
Patient care analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Great and friendly staff! Clean and new offices, the doctors are all great and if you’re an employee free checkups and exams when you aren’t feeling well.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunches, and break room with lots of snacks, Pto, medical/dental/vision insurance
Good Company and staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Great position opportunities to grow in the company within months. Everyday is a learning day whether I'd be a life lesson or medical knowledge. Your colleagues make the workplace feel like a second family.
Pros
snacks, company activities, sometimes free lunch, growth opportunities
Cons
short breaks
Pleasant work environment, enjoyable place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NY 11358December 4, 2018
The workplace culture is relaxed and efficient. The clinic situation itself is not overly stressful (ie, it is an urgent care center, not emergency room care), but occasionally can get quite busy. No one stresses, the jobs are completed quickly and proficiently. Management does not intervene unless absolutely needed. I wouldn't say any part of the job was particularly hard, but the most enjoyable was working with the young people employed as scribes to attend to patients.

Very modern DR equipment that was easy to work with and made consistently good images. The doctors were very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. Corporate management was a few steps removed (there are well over 100 locations in the NY area), but not intrusive. There were periodic corporate events (holiday party, a booth at the Pride Parade, a team at various fun-runs) that contributed to a sense of camaraderie.
Pros
coffee, snacks, breaks when needed.
Cons
often had to stay well past official closing time because of rush of last minute patients
productive and friendly family like co- workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 13, 2018
Busy day I learn alot from the doctors I work with. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I work 12 hr shift the day is long but it goes fast with a Great team.
a greedy corporation
Clinician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
work anyway, always weekends, vertical management ,understaff to save money ,discriminatory to patients basically by insurance type.next person in charge scare of owners ,fake bonus system
Pros
Cons
schedule, rates
Fast paced, fun environment
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2018
This was a fast paced environment where you saw something new everyday. Though the support from management was minimal, the environment was conducive to learning.
Good stepping stone but poor management
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Its a good place to get your foot in the door or a good place to apply if you need a job as fast as possible. However management can be very unprofessional and bonuses are very lacking.
Aftercare Clinical Assitant
Aftercare clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYApril 22, 2018
This company by far was the worst company I’ve worked for. Aftercare management team were very unprofessional. The company is not family oriented and feels that you’re life must revolve around the company. You work very long hours for management not to notice you or take you serious. There were favoritism shown within the company. You are overworked for little pay
Pros
Free snacks
Great Job, Great people, Low pay
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2018
I absolutely love my job here. However, the pay is too low for the work. They provide us with snack and by lunch very often. Not to mention the benefits.However, there are days we see 100+ patients and have numerous STATS and referrals. 15/hr is hardly sufficent. Also, the PTO is a joke!
great work experience
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 19, 2018
its a great place to gain experience, not to stay if you are career driven .the toughest part of the job is not getting paid what we should be getting paid
No Work and Life Balance
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
Staff at busy sites are largely overworked, no compensation difference between working at a busy site versus a slow site, good benefits, but health insurance benefits can use some improvement.
Pros
Sometimes Free Lunch and Full time hrs for all employees
Cons
Long work days including weekdays and weekends, but not for all sites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CityMD. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight