CityMD Employee Reviews

Engaged work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2018
Physicians are easy to work with and become a mentor. The organization lives by their mission statement and develops staff to grow within the organization. A typical workday is shadowing the physician and serving the community at large.
Pros
Patient interaction
If I could give zero stars I would
Aftercare (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYSeptember 30, 2018
The company itself is a growing company . The ceo needs to re evaluate who he puts in charge in terms of management . The aftercare department was the worst department of them all . Management sucks and the supervisors are very petty. If I could give aftercare a negative star I would ! If you need help there is no one who you could feel comfortable to ask. They are a very biased department. The favorites get favor while the people who are non suck ups , get the short end of the stick. I wouldn’t recommend the aftercare department to anyone.
Pros
Snacks and air
Cons
Long hours Sitting.
a greedy corporation
Clinician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
work anyway, always weekends, vertical management ,understaff to save money ,discriminatory to patients basically by insurance type.next person in charge scare of owners ,fake bonus system
Pros
Cons
schedule, rates
great place to work but they need to pay more
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2018
I work at CityMD as a medical assistant. I love the work environment and the people I work with. unfortunately the pay for MAs are horrible. we are responsible for a lot yet we are paid less than scribes, even with my years of experience the pay isn't good.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
the pay isnt good
Productive and fun work place
Patient care analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Great and friendly staff! Clean and new offices, the doctors are all great and if you’re an employee free checkups and exams when you aren’t feeling well.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunches, and break room with lots of snacks, Pto, medical/dental/vision insurance
Poor Management and Poor compensation
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYSeptember 14, 2018
First and foremost, if you work and live on LI, your training sites are horrendous. The employees are rude, you will learn nothing, and they are all very caddy. They complain that they have to train and will ignore you the entire day if you let them. Do not even bother applying if you dont have open availability or just want to work part time. Now lets talk about their management. Though most of the regional managers are great, the ones running the sites are usually rude, and unprofessional. They hire most of them from within, which there is nothing wrong about moving up within the company but these positions are definitely given to those who dont deserve it or kiss butt to get the job. Overall, I regret working for CityMD.
Pros
Free healthcare at the sites
Cons
little break time, short staffed, horrible management, salary is NOT competitive.
Great Stepping stone for future Medical Professionals
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
I truly loved working for this company. The staff was amazing, and you really felt like you were a part of a team. Unfortunately when you get promoted, there are way too many pressures thrown your way. If you aren't on the right side of things, you end up being burned in the end. Coming from an experienced management professional, I can honestly say that this company could stand to promote from within instead of hiring outside, and expecting existing employees to train someone who will be taking a higher position, its a slap in the face!
great work experience
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 19, 2018
its a great place to gain experience, not to stay if you are career driven .the toughest part of the job is not getting paid what we should be getting paid
Good people, great team, excellent experience
Medical Assistant/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 14, 2018
Sites can be extremely fast-paced or very slow, depending on location. Staff and Physicians were all incredibly nice, talented, and patient. Great customer service. Staff knows how to work tremendously hard, yet find time to laugh with each other. My experience was: incredibly awesome people, but you're still working for a company trying to grow and minimize risk, which means many policies that can be annoying. Physicians will go out of there way to teach you or let you observe.
Pros
Awesome teammates, quick-pace
Cons
Short breaks
Growing company
Senior Scribe (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
Busy Urgent Care with good support for providers. Great Aftercare program. Physicians are great to work with. Has many locations. Values its employees.
Good stepping stone but poor management
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Its a good place to get your foot in the door or a good place to apply if you need a job as fast as possible. However management can be very unprofessional and bonuses are very lacking.
Good Company and staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Great position opportunities to grow in the company within months. Everyday is a learning day whether I'd be a life lesson or medical knowledge. Your colleagues make the workplace feel like a second family.
Pros
snacks, company activities, sometimes free lunch, growth opportunities
Cons
short breaks
CityMD
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 3, 2018
CityMD can afford to give a raise for all the hardwork and dedication there employees put it. H0wever, it is good you can go cover at different sites.
Flexible hours but poor compensation
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 18, 2018
Flexible hours but poor compensation. It is great to work 3 and half days per week. Able to use rest of the week for school, 2nd job, or family time.

On the contrary, there is great shortage of x-ray techs. This leads to you being activated as the on-call tech. Thought on-call system is for sudden sick call out not to mend the staffing problem. On top of dealing with insufficient tech within the company, have to cover large on-call coverage region (Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island). Manhattan is separate into 2 regions. Why is Queen and Brooklyn and Staten Island in grouped together? Don't understand why Staten Island is part of Queens and Brooklyn. We have over 100 sites, it will be accepting if the on-call coverage area was separated by borough. CityMD has poor transparency when it comes to inquiring about company policy (vacation, on-call and standstill transfer status).
Pros
Flexible hours, maternity leave, 401k benefit
Cons
Poor compensation, health insurance, understaffed tech and on-call protocol.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Good place to work if your straight of of school and thinking of going to med school. Flexible hours, good staff. Fast paced, different experiences with patients.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Work experience
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 11, 2018
You have to be willing to constantly have new changes due to the company growing. There are many pros and cons, it could get stressful but you need to know how to handle that kind of stress for whatever issue is at hand.
CityMD not for everyone
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Its very exhausting and long work hours. HR expects you to work more than what you already do. I love what it stands for but its not for everyone. Especially when you have a family. You are expected to do so much for little pay and you dont have job security.
Great Job, Great people, Low pay
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2018
I absolutely love my job here. However, the pay is too low for the work. They provide us with snack and by lunch very often. Not to mention the benefits.However, there are days we see 100+ patients and have numerous STATS and referrals. 15/hr is hardly sufficent. Also, the PTO is a joke!
Great for growth opportunity
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2018
Great opportunity for someone who is new to the healthcare field. They definitely care about the development of their employees and thrive on internal promotions.
The Good And The Bad at CityMD
Primary Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 23, 2018
To Start, the job doesn't pay enough for the amount of work we get. We average 65 patients a day with only one check in and one check out person because were considered a "slow site". That number doubles to around 115 patients daily outside of Summer.
But management is very close with the workers. Hopefully your manager and you will have good communication, because there are some sites where I've witnessed managers behave nasty with favoritism. Like with any job, the lower positions are afraid to say something about it besides to each other.
On the good side we have a good HR department, and there is unlimited overtime as long as you're willing to travel. That's what grabbed me. The work load will always be a lot and theres new updates and new steps to your job almost every 2 weeks, but if you have a good manager, they will help out.
Pros
Management is close with staff
Cons
Understaffed for the amount of patients that come in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CityMD. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight