Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. Employee Reviews

Incredible company to work for.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 23, 2019
Learned a lot at this company and expanded my knowledge. Very flexible company and treats it's employees very well. Benefits are great and flexible. V
June 5, 2019

We're happy to hear you had an incredible experience! Thank you for the feedback.

Excellent Company - Lots of Opportunity for Growth
Principal (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAApril 22, 2019
A great place to work for those who appreciate a fast pace, diversity of work tasks, and the potential for upward mobility.

Employee ownership makes a big difference and staff are invested in the success of the office and overall company.
Pros
Corporate management fosters input at all levels to improve company.
Cons
Culture is a best fit for well rounded consultants, others may need to work harder to find a fit.
May 20, 2019

Your descriptors are spot on - fast pace, diversity of work, upward mobility and access to corporate management. Thank you for your feedback!

Raynham Office - Bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAApril 14, 2019
Really negative atmosphere with really high turnover. Senior management is arrogant. During meetings, women get judged by their body types. ..disgusting and cheap talk.
Pros
After few months - none.
Cons
Whatever you can imagine.
May 15, 2019

We recognize the sensitive nature of the claims made in this review and want to stress that behavior such as that mentioned are not condoned at CEC — either by management or by the staff who work as part of a family in each of our offices. It is simply not in our culture to conduct ourselves in the manner described in this post. With that said, CEC has a number of paths any team member can take to report and rectify undesirable behavior at any time:
1. Direct access to corporate leadership should the team member feel addressing an issue at the local level is not an option;
2. Access to an anonymous ethics hotline managed by an independent third-party entity that reports all accounts; and
3. Use of a dedicated email address, feedback@cecinc.com, where a team member can write out their concerns and get in touch with staff at all levels on the HR department if they prefer to write their concerns.

These paths, among other more informal options, have been and are available to staff. These options were available to the reviewer if this was truly perceived to be an ongoing issue. With that in mind, we’re already exploring ways to make sure that our team members are even more informed about the options they have to report behavior that does not represent the CEC culture.

good workplace
Survey Technician | Bridgport, WV (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 21, 2019
This is a good company to work for. I have been able to see growth in my position and my salary. I feel as I have been treated fairly and am a valuable member.
March 28, 2019

At CEC, we value all of our employees and we're glad to hear you feel valued.

Large consulting firm with good employees
Bat Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2018
As a bat technician, I worked seasonally with CEC, mostly in the summertime, but also in the fall. In the summer season, you are expected to work long days and long weeks, sometimes going two weeks or more with no days off, but it depends on the company's current project load. My manager worked with me when I had personal issues to deal with and pushed for me to get work when he could during the off season. All of the people I worked with were great, which created a good working environment.
March 28, 2019

We appreciate your time and energy spent on CEC projects. The bat season can have long hours and we hope you know you are a valued team member.

Principal (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 4, 2018
I have been working for CEC for 7 years with different offices as a survey manager. The people that they employ are top notch and I have never had a problem with management. Their pay is higher than the competitors and the survey crews were always setup with the best equipment. I would recommend this company to anyone who is interested in a new beginning.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Individual profit centers causes competitiveness between offices. Not a big problem.
Management Review
Yard dog (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 21, 2018
Starts great but if you are not bringing in work, you are treated with disrespect and disregard by management. When you are able to bring in work, the acting micromanager in your department will take full credit and "take ownership" of your contact. Some are great people and do not belong in this category. You do not start out with the PTO that is promised and they will not work with you to get better at a struggling area like they say. Tuition reimbursement is a laughing joke to the higher ups. If you're not considered part of the family then you're not likely going to get anywhere. Kiss butt quick, hard, and long to make it. It's cutthroat.
Pros
Newer vehicles. Maybe 12 genuine people out of the whole bunch.
Cons
Don't make any mistakes or it will haunt you the entire time you are there, too many to list
Bad Leadership & Work Place
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMay 24, 2018
Leadership Is Horrible
Project Managers Lack Common Sense
Never Know Who Or Were Your Working From Day To Day
They Will Lie Straight To Your Face About Having Work, In Which They Really Dont. Prepare To Be Laid Off 3 to 4 Months Every Year.
I Never Do Reviews But I Felt This Needed To Be Completed So Someone Else Doesnt Fall In There Lies.
This Is Honestly The WORST Place I Have Ever Worked.
They Will Offer You A Sign On Bonus, But They Need To Because They Will Lay You Off 3 to 4 Months Every Year.
Pros
Cons
Everything About The Bridgeport Wv Office
Overall, great place to work. Experience with all offices was positive. Great leadership
Project Manager - Air Quality Compliance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2018
Work is available. Atmosphere in Phoenix office is professional. Office is growing so more oppprtunities for growth will be available. Employee owned which is a great plus. Executive management provides opportunites for ownership and leadership.
Pros
Free sharing of ideas
Cons
Tense environment sometimes
Great company
Sr Source Testing Scientist / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 31, 2018
Nice place to work, people are great, good support from corporate management. Growing culture through the company, benefits are average but good. I would recommend working here.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
na
Questionable management and lack of support
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 8, 2018
I knew since the first day in Cleveland office that I had walked into a toxic environment, run by an egotistical dictator with his own agenda and followers. Trying to build a new business line was extremely difficult due to the resistance I was given. I had to seek assistance from other offices out of state to get the people, equipment and resources I needed. Once the dictator packed up and moved his disciples to another company, CEC decided to shut the Cleveland office down and relocate me out of state. I was forced to resign.

CEC claimed to promote small company culture but they grew so rapidly that concept was lost.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Management, lack of support
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAOctober 6, 2017
CEC was a good place to work, who keep the employees informed and understand the importance of all the staff, from the new employees right up to the project managers and beyond.
Quality Assurance CEC
CQA Landfill Technician (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 28, 2017
CEC is a good place to work, there is a big learning curve at the beginning. A lot of communication is needed with two contractors to assure the client (Waste Management) that the quality of the "Capping Project" of Geosynthetic liner is going as planned.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, learn a lot
Cons
Long hours, and work most weekends
Leadership is nonexistent
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2017
Pittsburgh is a large office full of young professionals- comfortable work environment. No one has a specific manager so everyone tries to micromanage.
Pros
free lunches, comfortable work environment
Cons
low salary, little leadership
Great upper management philosophy that somehow doesn't make it to local level
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 24, 2016
Company founders came up with a fantastic concept of consulting company, including transition of ownership to succeeding employees. High quality of colleagues working in multiple disciplines. Business development processes are in need of overhaul. .
Pros
Talented colleagues
Cons
Proprietary nature of offices relative to performance of work
Pros and Cons
Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2016
Large company that does everything by the books. It takes years to advance, potentially 10 years until you actually know how to do anything more than fill a bottle of water. Without a direct manager, there is no one to give you feedback or guidance.
Pros
free lunches, christmas party, ping pong table
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun people but horrible communication
Environmental/Pipeline Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 31, 2016
I worked here for a solid 2 months. Pay and compensation benefits were terrific but management team was horrible with communication skills. Would not recommend working for this company unless you like being treated like a child, or enjoy never knowing where you are going to be located.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Excellent work atmosphere
administrative manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 2, 2015
Had an excellent rapport with both executive and professional associates. Had the opportunity to interact with client base which made my experience very interesting and enjoyable.
Pros
Close to home
Great Company
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2015
The people at CEC are great, they are all really smart and enjoy their job. Although some projects can be demanding, the people working on them are solid and always pull through with a helping hand.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
long hours sometimes
Learning to be an Administrative Assistant
Admin. Assist / Account and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 17, 2015
Preformed proof reading of reports, compiled reports as requested by geologist and civil engineers. Created and implemented invoicing and billing procedure for the survey department, also ran day to day responsibilities in both areass
Pros
Diversity in job responsibilities
Cons
Company went out of business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. Reviews by Job Title