CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable place to work
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  44 S Clinton Ave, Trenton, NJ 08625July 3, 2018
I supervised a group of 4 individuals at various educational and job knowledge and understanding levels. Management was always fair and extremely supportive and family oriented. The workplace consisted of individuals of various ages and culture groups that interacted in a professional manner. Everyone was respectful to each other and worked as a Team. The hardest part of any job is when and if employee conflict occurs or you have to enforce discipline. Though this happened it was a very low percentage of my time. The most enjoyable part was training and mentoring my staff, new and seasoned in order for them to grow and gather the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to grow and be able to attain promotions to higher levels. I feel this is a reflection on my mentoring and leadership skills together with the employee reaping the rewards of advancing.
Pros
Working for a department that values its employees
Cons
for me it was the commute but if that is the worst attribute then I was lucky
Professional
Public Administration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 4, 2016
The City of Massillon is a municipality with a cilturally diverse population of over 32,000 (the 44th largest municipality in Ohio in terms of population).
Cons
The Ohio State Auditor has found the City of Massillon to be in fiscal emergency.