Hire management and staff that actually have compassion for their job.
I would first and foremost put the current IL Director in the ED’s position. Being she is much more qualified plus has an awesome demeanor. She is well known in the community and is kind but a very strong leader. Then I would also hold all employees to the same high standards that Civitas claims to promote .
Hire management who can work overnights and weekends. Remove your current Executive 'E' or review her work ethics. Hire a real nurses to over look all residents in the facility. Have LVNs administrating medication. Hire hire kitchen staff to take orders and pass trays. Eliminate house keeping and just have maintenance. Hire more Aids to cover the housekeeping and use them on the floor as well. Have Night shift cleaning. I mean theres a lot that can be done. Your Executive at Elan just fails to do it. She has AD and AWD doing all her work. AWD doesn't even have a nursing degree.
I would make sure that we as management are saying thank you on a regular basis in a meaningful way to our Care Staff who really are the Heart of the House here. We can always do better at the Thank You part I do not think there are Enough Thank Yous that would express how Grateful we are to have them and Housekeeping who really keeps everything feeling loved on in this place.
Hire a more dependable staff and actually treat them right and fairly
Replace all management. Make sure the on call is being answered. Make sure the floor is being staffed. Make sure people show up and work their full shift. Assure that employees feel appreciated.
I would limit the amount of weekends employees work. I would get rid of all the current upper management. Add more caregivers to the floor. Basically replace 80% of the staff. Start enforcing rules. Make sure people are properly caring for residents. Make sure that they are always staffed. Answer the on call phone.
I would always treat everyone with dignity and respect. Have empathy and protect the sick and frail; see your employees or co-workers as team-mates with a goal of achieving success.
Change the ownership. The buck stops there.
I would listen to the people who work their tails off so that you can afford your zillion vacations
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Civitas Senior Living?13 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Civitas Senior Living?13 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Civitas Senior Living?12 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Civitas Senior Living?12 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Civitas Senior Living?9 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Civitas Senior Living?8 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Civitas Senior Living?6 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Civitas Senior Living?6 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Civitas Senior Living? How many vacation days do you get per yea…6 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Civitas Senior Living? What are the steps…6 people answered