Don’t expect transparency. Lots of policies seem to change without everyone being made aware. Hard to be truthful with potential residents when employees never seem to have been given the same information or training.
Run for your life.
Be prepared to work and bring a mission to your mouth. Care about why you do this for a living and show it each and every day by Adding Value to help make this place better because YOU are there. Having a Grateful Attitude of Service is Everything to Enjoying the journey in any work environment but Especially in Senior Living and Here at Elan Westpointe. The Seniors We serve deserve to have us bring our A Game with Kindness and Determination to Do our Very Best to help them have a Great Day because We cared to Care and Do our mission.
Don’t work there, they tell you how great it is and are awful to work for! Talk to as many employees and former employees as you can to get a real picture of what your about to get into.
Don't. Run for the hills. Literally the most unprofessional, stressful, disgusting environment I have ever worked in. You will work short staffed. They choose favorites. Management doesn't are AT ALL about the well being of the residents or the employees. I really can't say enough awful things about this place, and they are all true. If there is ever management that wants to see positive change, they will not last. Toxic upper management will see to it that you are overworked and under appreciated. Again, I could go on and on about how terrible my work experience was here. I am still in contact with current employees, and it has just gotten worse since I have left.
Just be yourself
Read the handbook really good
Be ready to wait for a good month before working there even though they are painfully short staffed
Run...away. Way too stressful of an environment for any pay level. You will be overworked and underappreciated.
Dont do it. A beautiful building is nice, but do your research and check out who will be working above you.
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Civitas Senior Living a better place to work?13 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Civitas Senior Living?13 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Civitas Senior Living?12 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Civitas Senior Living?12 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Civitas Senior Living?9 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Civitas Senior Living?8 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Civitas Senior Living?6 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Civitas Senior Living?6 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Civitas Senior Living? How many vacation days do you get per yea…6 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Civitas Senior Living? What are the steps…6 people answered