Civitas Senior Living
56Below average

Civitas Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States237 reviews
When I first signed on to this position, it was amazing and exciting to learn more about Civitas and what it entails. As time grew on and new members were added to the team, I realized that this company has no idea what they're doing. Growing way too fast and putting the wrong people in place results in multiple failing communities. Sister community was failing with care and administrative roles that I soon to realize this location wouldn't be any different. Do yourself a favor and steer far away from this company. There's reasons why there's always a bunch of job ads...turnover is ridiculous, even in the higher positions. EDs make well almost 6 figures when caregivers/servers/receptionists/housekeepers make $9-$10 an hour, meanwhile selling $5000 apartments...something doesn't add up to me. Their new builds are made very poorly because of greed. Give me a break...it's all about the money for these people.
Cons
too many
July 27, 2020
Good morning and thank you for reaching out to us directly with your concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. Our team at Civitas is fully dedicated to our employees and the residents that we serve. Our leaders work at great lengths to provide our employees with the tools to be successful at our communities. Our company has grown at a substantial rate over the last few years and we trust the guidance our administrators provide each day. Their influence and support have positively pushed us thru our current situation with the COVID-19 Pandemic. We trust our leaders and the direction they provide for our company. If at any time you would like to discuss your experience with a team member, please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you have a nice rest of your weekend.
The residents were great and I loved being around them but upper management was incompetent and put employees health at risk multiple times and laughed it off . From there on it went down hill so far that I made a formal complaint to corporate before quitting my job. I miss the residents but the pay was too little and stress was too much.
August 6, 2020
Thank you for contacting us with your direct concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. Our team at Civitas promotes an inclusive, inviting, and equal opportunity employee atmosphere. We provide our employees with effective tools in management and front-line positions so that micromanagement is not necessary for success. We put together efficient workplace processes that are time-tested and proven to provide an experience that our residents truly desire. Civitas greatly values the communication provided to our employees, especially during times such as these. We do not believe your comments accurately reflect how we conduct our business; hence, we would like to open the opportunity to discuss further at a time of your convenience. Please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com with any specific concerns you may have regarding your experience. Upon receipt of your message, we will place you in direct contact with a team member who will happily assist in finding a solution to any questions you may have. We appreciate you reaching out and hope that you are able to enjoy the rest of your workweek.
August 6, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for relaying your concerns to us at Civitas Senior Living. We take the health and safety of our employees, residents, and guests very seriously. Our leaders work at great lengths to make sure our employees work in a safe environment at all times. Reviewing your comments disappoints us and prompts us to open the opportunity up for discussing any specific concerns related to your experience. If your schedule allows, please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com so we can place you in contact with a team member willing to discuss any concerns you may have. Our team wishes you the best as you move forward with other opportunities and hopes you have nice rest of your week.
Management is a joke, allowed bullying, favoritism, unsafe work environment. All about filling the building, residents and employees last on the importance list. Please don’t waste your time!! Management does not care, cold environment, micro- management with child like task on i-pods so corporate can micro manage from anywhere. No clear admission process, delayed initial assessments. No communication from management to other shifts. Just don’t
Pros
Cons
everything
I enjoy coming to work each day and making a difference in the lives of my residents, their families, and my staff. We work hard to ensure our residents enjoy their stay with us and we work hard to ensure our staff feel appreciated and loved.
Pros
great environment, great residents, teamwork
Cons
i have no negative comments to make! We love it here!
Civil as took over our buildings management and everything fell apart. They care more about saving money then taking care of the residents. Would never work for them again
Pros
Cons
Poor staffing, poor management, favoritism
August 3, 2020
Good afternoon and thanks for bringing your concerns directly to Civitas Senior Living. Our team sets forth the highest standards to make sure our residents are taken care and provided for at all times. We receive numerous compliments from our residents daily and do not think your comments accurately reflect our company standards. Civitas is an equal opportunity employer that believes in providing outstanding customer service for all guests and residents. If you would like to discuss specific claims regarding your comments, please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com. We hope that your future professional opportunities are bright and wish you the best as you move forward.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Everyone thats in authority are friends and are overpaid while the faithful dedicated and hard workers are mistreated and under paid. Management don't care about the residents or employees. Don't waste your time there. Ghetto and very unprofessional.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too many to list
August 3, 2020
Good afternoon, we greatly appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. Civitas Senior Living is a company founded upon equal opportunity for all. We hold our residents, employees, and guests with high endearment. Our company standards are built upon treating others with respect to gain respect in return. If you would like to discuss any specific claims regarding your comments, please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com. Civitas wishes you nothing but the best as your focus turns toward other future professional opportunities. Our team thanks you again for reaching out and wishes you a nice rest of your day.
I used to work here & was treated very poorly the entire stay of my time , whenever a problem occurred I couldn’t talk to management because they were too involved with the gossip being messy , instead of helping , the open door policy there was Horrible because they’re all friends so none of that works , they lost a lot of good workers , the return over rate is extremely high .Even the CEO of this company doesn’t care nor tried to help . This is the worst place I’ve ever worked at
Pros
The residents are amazing
Cons
The employees, Ceo, management are rude
August 1, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for relaying your concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. Our team continuously strives to positively expand the workplace experience are employees and coworkers have each day. We have received numerous compliments on our open door policy, inviting atmosphere as a company, hence, we are disappointed by your comments. Civitas goes above and beyond for our employees, residents, and guests. We hold events that recognize our employees annually for their hardworking accomplishments, provide in-depth training for future advancement, and offer opportunities of growth in all areas of expertise. If at any time in the near future you would like to discuss any specific issues related to your experience, please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com to be placed in direct contact with an executive team member who will assist in finding a solution. Our team wishes you nothing but the best in your future endeavors and hopes you have an excellent rest of your weekend.
I started in early March(midst of pandemic)... although it’s been a rollercoaster our community has gone above and beyond to assure the safety of our residents and staff. The home office is very involved and stays in constant communication. Residents are so happy and staff is friendly!!
Pros
Supportive Home Office, Awesome Executive Director at community
Cons
My role has been impacted by covid
Great place to work! Would recommend The Avenues of Fort Bend to anyone! Great management team in place. Employees care about the residents. Staff shows up even during the Covid crisis!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Hours
You are underpaid and undertrained for this job. Management is abhorrent. There are definitely favorites and they will listen to baseless rumors. I have never been to such an awful company that runs so terribly. Residents are not treated with respect or dignity. There are a few wonderful employees, but it’s pretty far and few between. Management is like non-existent unless they decide you’ve done something wrong. Residents will get bruises or be medicated without reason or concern. Staff is not trained to deal with situations that may arise. Definitely not a place to work if you wish to feel happy or respected in any capacity.
Pros
Cons
All of them. Ridiculous pay.
June 24, 2020
Good morning, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to us directly at Civitas Senior Living. Our staff undergoes a robust federal and state mandated training for each position inside our communities. We have received numerous positive feedback that our trainings are engaging and useful inside the workplace. Our management team goes above and beyond to make sure our leadership teams and front-line employees are equipped with the necessary tools to be successful in our profession. If a resident receives medication, it is based upon their own individualized care plans and a signed order by their licensed physician. We are disappointed by your comments because it does not reflect the standards as whole. Our team would like the opportunity to discuss with you further if your schedule allows. Please message us directly as Wecare@csrliving.com and you will be placed in contact with an executive team member who can assist in finding a solution to your concerns. We greatly appreciate the service that you provided our residents while working with us and hope that you are successful in any professional endeavors you decide to pursue. Thanks again for reaching out and we wish you the best!
They allow the employees to smoke weed in the parking lot resident have complained and family members the workers do what they want it no structure and he ED doesn’t know anything! I feel sorry for the residents and
June 22, 2020
Good morning and thank you for sending us your concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. The use of paraphernalia is not permitted on any company grounds and results in immediate legal disciplinary action for visitors and employees. All employee claims are fully investigated with no exceptions. If you have specific evidence of these claims or would like to further discuss, please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com.

Upon receipt of your message, we will place you in direct contact with an executive team member that can assist with your concerns. Our team values the culture that our leaders represent inside our community. The culture starts with the Executive Director and we believe that we have that positively instilled in all our communities. We look forward to hearing back from you soon so that our team can find a solution that coincides with both of our expectations. Thank you again for messaging us and have a nice rest of your day!
95% of the workers were okay management was not very good they were bad place to work for and didn't treat the residents right of any of the ones that were declining in the bad health they only wanted ones that they didn't have to mess with as much
June 18, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for relaying your experience to us directly. Civitas Senior Living strives for nothing short of an excellent experience for our employees, residents, and visitors. We believe our wellness team is second to none and confirm that they treat all residents with the same passion and comfort across the board. Our community does offer different care plans that vary amongst our residents, however, our goal to deliver our passionate promise stays constant. Receiving anything less than five stars receives our direct attention, hence, we would like to offer you the opportunity to discuss with us further if your schedule allows. Please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com to be placed in direct contact with an executive team member who will be happy to assist with any concerns you may have. We understand that our employees must go their separate ways on occasion, and we wish you only the best as you pursue other professional endeavors. Thanks again for contacting us and we hope that you have a great rest of your week!
Pros-We have a Wonderful Executive Director she has a heart for the Residents as well as the Carestaff. The Assistant Wellness Director is easy to talk and gives you the confidence to strive to do better. Cons- Other members of Management show favoritism and unfair in work practices. The kitchen staff only gives food to the people that they like versus asking if someone would like something to eat.
June 10, 2020
Good morning and thank you for reaching out to us with your comments. We appreciate your kind words regarding our proud Executive Director and Assistant Wellness Director. Civitas Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer that does not condone favoritism in any facet of our workplace. Our team believes in providing an inviting atmosphere where employees and coworkers can express themselves openly about their concerns. If your schedule allows, we would like to revisit some of your concerns at a time of your convenience. Please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com so that we can place you in contact with a team member who will help answer any questions you may have. We greatly appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you and have a great rest of your day!
My time at Valley View for the most part was enjoyable. Loved my job and the residents within. Most carestaff were very enjoyable to be around and work with.
I worked there for almost a year, in that time I had let management know I wanted to be a med tech they said they would give me the information I need so I can become one but they never did. I always asked for overtime but was rarely given it yet others were working doubles and everyday. Management has their favorites which seem to be the worst workers there and the hard working don’t ever get recognized
May 4, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for sharing your concerns. Civitas Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer that shares an inviting atmosphere for all our employees. We truly believe the hard work of our employees is second to none. Hence, we celebrate and praise their accomplishments as a team whenever we get the chance. Employees that wish to pursue larger goals within our company are provided with stepping stones to reach those goals. Many of our executive employees have been promoted internally and were once front-line team members. We are disappointed in your comments and would like to open up a direct line of communication that you can reach us at. Please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com and we will put you in direct contact with an executive team member who can help assist with any concerns you may have. We wish you the best in your future professional endeavors and hope that you are doing well!
I love working with elderly they make the aun shine brighter than you know and melts your heart away. Most of all learning what they remember when they were our ages.
I have been at Civitas for 2.5 years and left a company that I loved and worked at for 5 years to join the Civitas team. I have seen so many people grow and develop because of the programs that are in place at Civitas. It is a fast-paced company, focusing on getting things done right the first time.

The mission is clear and this is an incredible company.
Company is focused on adding new communities to their portfolio, they are blindsided of the value the current leadership is putting forth day in and day out. Hiring inexperienced pertinent roles that do not understand how to balance between business and resident importance. Training is generally on job and support is mostly through tiered emails.
April 22, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to us with your immediate concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. The expansion of Civitas Senior Living has not seen a loss in quality or value for our residents and employees. All employees complete mandated state and federal trainings before working inside our communities to ensure the quality of care for our residents is effective. We firmly believe the leadership we receive from our managerial positions is second to none in our industry and has successfully led us thru the recent breakout of COVID 19. Leadership is a quality that we expect all Civitas team members to carry with them on a daily basis. We empower our employees to be strong leaders and display exemplary examples of leadership. Your comments concern us because we do not believe it is an accurate representation of who we are as a company. If your scheduled allows, please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com and we will place you in contact with an executive team member who will assist with any concerns you may have. We hope that you and your family are doing well and staying healthy during these tough times. Thanks again for reaching out and we hope you have a great rest of your day.
Too much drama. Aides calling nurses horrible names. Residents being left wet. Administration is terrible. Nurses bullying other nurses and DON does nothing.
Place is a joke. Leadership team only cares about what they lool like to the next person higher up. They allow people to do whatever they want and get away with neglect
Pros
Residents
April 8, 2020
Good morning, ClearFork Assisted Living’s mission is to ensure the safety, happiness, and well-being of its residents and to promote peace of mind for their loved ones. Our staff prides itself on providing the best quality of care in senior living and is troubled by the contents of your review. The Community ensures that there is proper staffing and that residents are monitored in accordance with the requirements of their specific level of care. We are always happy to assist our residents with any request they may have. Our staff members are highly equipped with training to ensure all residents requests and needs are taken care of in a timely manner. At a time of your convenience, we would like to discuss these matters with you in further detail. Please respond privately to this post or email us at WeCare@csrliving.com and a member of senior management will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and we hope you have nice rest of your day!
Excellent environment, atmosphere was amazing coworkers were like Family and the love and care they gave our residents day to day was really what made a team .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Civitas Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5