Civitas Senior Living
57Below average

Civitas Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States226 reviews
95% of the workers were okay management was not very good they were bad place to work for and didn't treat the residents right of any of the ones that were declining in the bad health they only wanted ones that they didn't have to mess with as much
June 18, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for relaying your experience to us directly. Civitas Senior Living strives for nothing short of an excellent experience for our employees, residents, and visitors. We believe our wellness team is second to none and confirm that they treat all residents with the same passion and comfort across the board. Our community does offer different care plans that vary amongst our residents, however, our goal to deliver our passionate promise stays constant. Receiving anything less than five stars receives our direct attention, hence, we would like to offer you the opportunity to discuss with us further if your schedule allows. Please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com to be placed in direct contact with an executive team member who will be happy to assist with any concerns you may have. We understand that our employees must go their separate ways on occasion, and we wish you only the best as you pursue other professional endeavors. Thanks again for contacting us and we hope that you have a great rest of your week!
You are underpaid and undertrained for this job. Management is abhorrent. There are definitely favorites and they will listen to baseless rumors. I have never been to such an awful company that runs so terribly. Residents are not treated with respect or dignity. There are a few wonderful employees, but it’s pretty far and few between. Management is like non-existent unless they decide you’ve done something wrong. Residents will get bruises or be medicated without reason or concern. Staff is not trained to deal with situations that may arise. Definitely not a place to work if you wish to feel happy or respected in any capacity.
Pros
Cons
All of them. Ridiculous pay.
June 24, 2020
Good morning, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to us directly at Civitas Senior Living. Our staff undergoes a robust federal and state mandated training for each position inside our communities. We have received numerous positive feedback that our trainings are engaging and useful inside the workplace. Our management team goes above and beyond to make sure our leadership teams and front-line employees are equipped with the necessary tools to be successful in our profession. If a resident receives medication, it is based upon their own individualized care plans and a signed order by their licensed physician. We are disappointed by your comments because it does not reflect the standards as whole. Our team would like the opportunity to discuss with you further if your schedule allows. Please message us directly as Wecare@csrliving.com and you will be placed in contact with an executive team member who can assist in finding a solution to your concerns. We greatly appreciate the service that you provided our residents while working with us and hope that you are successful in any professional endeavors you decide to pursue. Thanks again for reaching out and we wish you the best!
They allow the employees to smoke weed in the parking lot resident have complained and family members the workers do what they want it no structure and he ED doesn’t know anything! I feel sorry for the residents and
June 22, 2020
Good morning and thank you for sending us your concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. The use of paraphernalia is not permitted on any company grounds and results in immediate legal disciplinary action for visitors and employees. All employee claims are fully investigated with no exceptions. If you have specific evidence of these claims or would like to further discuss, please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com.

Upon receipt of your message, we will place you in direct contact with an executive team member that can assist with your concerns. Our team values the culture that our leaders represent inside our community. The culture starts with the Executive Director and we believe that we have that positively instilled in all our communities. We look forward to hearing back from you soon so that our team can find a solution that coincides with both of our expectations. Thank you again for messaging us and have a nice rest of your day!
Pros-We have a Wonderful Executive Director she has a heart for the Residents as well as the Carestaff. The Assistant Wellness Director is easy to talk and gives you the confidence to strive to do better. Cons- Other members of Management show favoritism and unfair in work practices. The kitchen staff only gives food to the people that they like versus asking if someone would like something to eat.
June 10, 2020
Good morning and thank you for reaching out to us with your comments. We appreciate your kind words regarding our proud Executive Director and Assistant Wellness Director. Civitas Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer that does not condone favoritism in any facet of our workplace. Our team believes in providing an inviting atmosphere where employees and coworkers can express themselves openly about their concerns. If your schedule allows, we would like to revisit some of your concerns at a time of your convenience. Please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com so that we can place you in contact with a team member who will help answer any questions you may have. We greatly appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you and have a great rest of your day!
My time at Valley View for the most part was enjoyable. Loved my job and the residents within. Most carestaff were very enjoyable to be around and work with.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I worked there for almost a year, in that time I had let management know I wanted to be a med tech they said they would give me the information I need so I can become one but they never did. I always asked for overtime but was rarely given it yet others were working doubles and everyday. Management has their favorites which seem to be the worst workers there and the hard working don’t ever get recognized
May 4, 2020
Good afternoon and thank you for sharing your concerns. Civitas Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer that shares an inviting atmosphere for all our employees. We truly believe the hard work of our employees is second to none. Hence, we celebrate and praise their accomplishments as a team whenever we get the chance. Employees that wish to pursue larger goals within our company are provided with stepping stones to reach those goals. Many of our executive employees have been promoted internally and were once front-line team members. We are disappointed in your comments and would like to open up a direct line of communication that you can reach us at. Please message us at Wecare@csrliving.com and we will put you in direct contact with an executive team member who can help assist with any concerns you may have. We wish you the best in your future professional endeavors and hope that you are doing well!
I love working with elderly they make the aun shine brighter than you know and melts your heart away. Most of all learning what they remember when they were our ages.
I have been at Civitas for 2.5 years and left a company that I loved and worked at for 5 years to join the Civitas team. I have seen so many people grow and develop because of the programs that are in place at Civitas. It is a fast-paced company, focusing on getting things done right the first time.

The mission is clear and this is an incredible company.
Company is focused on adding new communities to their portfolio, they are blindsided of the value the current leadership is putting forth day in and day out. Hiring inexperienced pertinent roles that do not understand how to balance between business and resident importance. Training is generally on job and support is mostly through tiered emails.
April 22, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to us with your immediate concerns regarding Civitas Senior Living. The expansion of Civitas Senior Living has not seen a loss in quality or value for our residents and employees. All employees complete mandated state and federal trainings before working inside our communities to ensure the quality of care for our residents is effective. We firmly believe the leadership we receive from our managerial positions is second to none in our industry and has successfully led us thru the recent breakout of COVID 19. Leadership is a quality that we expect all Civitas team members to carry with them on a daily basis. We empower our employees to be strong leaders and display exemplary examples of leadership. Your comments concern us because we do not believe it is an accurate representation of who we are as a company. If your scheduled allows, please message us directly at Wecare@csrliving.com and we will place you in contact with an executive team member who will assist with any concerns you may have. We hope that you and your family are doing well and staying healthy during these tough times. Thanks again for reaching out and we hope you have a great rest of your day.
Place is a joke. Leadership team only cares about what they lool like to the next person higher up. They allow people to do whatever they want and get away with neglect
Pros
Residents
Cons
April 8, 2020
Good morning, ClearFork Assisted Living’s mission is to ensure the safety, happiness, and well-being of its residents and to promote peace of mind for their loved ones. Our staff prides itself on providing the best quality of care in senior living and is troubled by the contents of your review. The Community ensures that there is proper staffing and that residents are monitored in accordance with the requirements of their specific level of care. We are always happy to assist our residents with any request they may have. Our staff members are highly equipped with training to ensure all residents requests and needs are taken care of in a timely manner. At a time of your convenience, we would like to discuss these matters with you in further detail. Please respond privately to this post or email us at WeCare@csrliving.com and a member of senior management will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and we hope you have nice rest of your day!
Excellent environment, atmosphere was amazing coworkers were like Family and the love and care they gave our residents day to day was really what made a team .
I was new to SL. I had to teach myself everything! Worst managing company ever (Civitas) and couldn’t trust upper management in house. Watch your back
It was really bad. Dont work there. Bad, horrible management. Work obscene amount of hours. No recognition. They dont tell you what the job entails upon interview so when employees come in they don't last long. When you work at an assistant living place be prepared to wipe butts!
It’s ok. Not the best, not the worst. My actual job is pretty easy. Residents are not the nicest people all the time. You have to have thick skin to work in any senior facility.
N/A....this place need a lot of help..and management suck they dont care about the people that work for them..managment dont talk to there employers they stay in there office no good morning no how are you doing nothing This place needs new ed and a new ed assistant....
March 10, 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us directly. We are disappointed in your comments regarding management and would like to further discuss with you at a time your schedule allows. Please message us directly as Wecare@csrliving.com and we will place you in direct contact with a team member who can assist you with your concerns. Our main goal for our employees is to make sure that they are equipped with the necessary tools to serve our residents. Our employees at Harmony Point Memory Care are the cornerstone for our residents’ care and comfort. An open and inviting work atmosphere is what we want to continue to promote for all our employees. We hope to speak with you soon so that both of our expectations can be met accordingly. Thanks again for reaching out and have a great rest of your day.
Civitas is the worst company in every way possible. The owners ONLY care about money and not the workers or residents. They use abuse & throw you away
It's the best place to work and you feel happy as person because people here are family ...I came here not knowing anything buh I have not regretted a thing..I've grown as a person and my career too
While working here I was not treated as a valuable employee. The ED rarely spoke to me. I went above and beyond working in housekeeping when they had no one else. I also worked the desk on IL just to help out. Worst management I have worked with in the past 30 yrs in healthcare. This place had so much potential. Everyone is NOT treated the same.
March 3, 2020
Good morning and thank you for your review. All of our staff members at The Grand Senior Living are held to high standards regarding their conduct and professionalism at all times. Our community is filled with a positive atmosphere that can be seen every day in our resident activities, dining services, and wellness care. Discrimination is not accepted at our community and is not tolerated by any of our staff members. All staff members are required to attend specific state training regarding employee conduct and resident communication. We are confident that all of our current staff members exhibit confidence in these related areas. If at any time you would like to discuss a specific concern, please message us with your contact information at Wecare@csrliving.com so that we can place you in direct contact with an executive representative that will help assist with a solution. Our main goal is to ensure that our residents are comfortable and happy at their home in The Grand Senior Living. We look forward to receiving your contact information and hope that you have a great rest of your day.
Working at The Ridglea was a great place to work. The clients and the family are very lovely to help and work with. The employees where good to work with.
It’s a great community to work for a great staff great employers. I wish my time with them was longer but unfortunately I had to move it’s still great people I loved every minute of it.
The residents were my favorite part of the job, the new managers let their power go to her head and eventually made every one working there hate going to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Civitas Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5