CJE SeniorLife Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great agency
Cantor (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 16, 2018
They truly care about their mission and are great at implementation. The agency serves the community in many different ways- educationally, day services, residencies, consultation as well as through direct service.
poor
RN (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 3, 2018
This place was a very good place to work before. The environment used to be friendly and stress free .The upper management were very supportive and with open door policy.Now with the new management, this place becomes a very bad place to work. The voice of the staff are never heard, You have to do what the management wants you to do even if the workload is beyond one person's capacity. You have to do or they will find somebody to do it. There is no job security, no dignity in labor. No recognition of hard work .
Bad place to work, run away
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 23, 2017
Please don't think it might be a good opportunity to work for Lieberman center. Most of the co workers are very nice but upper management and administration is terrible. There is a new team in the administration, new DON who are changing and firing a lot of people. They fired few unit managers who were helping us a lot, and right now if we have issues, we have to look for DON or ADON who are impossible to find. It is very stressful to come to work every day because I don't feel like I have job security. I feel like management do not care about regular nursing staff. I'm looking for better place right now. Hopefully I will find it soon...
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Hostile job environment, terrible upper management
workplace culture
Admissions Clerk & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 6, 2017
It was a quiet, strict and calm environment place to work. Since it was a rehab facility, I met with old age people on daily basis. I learnt a lot
about Jewish culture which I never had a knowledge what and how exactly they follow the religion.
Unbearable conditions at Lieberman
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 25, 2017
I worked at Lieberman a couple of years ago, but only for a few months. The reason for the short time is because I was doing a great job, yet all the director wanted was more, more, more. I was working the job of three people completely on my own. I would get home at 6pm and be ready for bed right away. I loved the actual job, but the culture at this place is terrible for one's mental health. My immediate boss and I left within one day of each other, and I didn't even wait until I had another job.

They are under a new director now and from what friends there have told me, it's even worse than before, with a dictator-style director. I can't even imagine...
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Very Political place to work
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
This is a very friendly place to work however it only caters to the Jewish community which make it difficult to advance. Very little room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Very little room for growth unless you
Family full of it
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 11, 2017
They don't listen to your concerns. We are to have every other weekend off but don't and the company has been saying for years that is will change but don't.
Pros
employees are very nice
A Okay Company to Work
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 30, 2017
A good place to gain experience but not great for future retirement. Co Workers and Staff are friendly but can be a little stressful if you are not patient with elderly complaints.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not Good for retirement
Poor upper management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 21, 2017
The management does not take the time to recognize the amount of work you have to do. New administration comes off rude to staff but they expect you to keep a postive spirit.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Understaffed
Can have very long hours to meet deadlines, Management is supportive during these times.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2017
Company bids on jobs, mostly governmental jobs but some are scanning projects. There can be some long days when writing proposals. Management is supportive during these times - bringing in dinner for all who have to stay.
Pros
Food brought when you have to stay way late
Cons
Occasional long hours
Great work place to engage with other like minded inviduals
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2016
Typical day is filled fulfilling needs of the older Jewish Adults community with life enriching programs.
the hardest part of my job is not being paid what I'm worth.
Pros
working well together, always learning new things
Cons
pay/ no room for advancement
I like working with CJE because they also provide excellent and quality training to all wokers
CNA/Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2016
There was a day when I was taking care of a dependent resident (bed bound) who had bedsore. Her daughter wants me to treat her sore. I told her CNAs are not allowed to do dressing, she was insisting, so I have to call the office to explain to her, and she agreed with me at last and there was clear understanding between her and I.
Pros
my company provides free lunch when there is a workshop
Cons
They also give us some distances to relax at work and aslo during in service training
Easy Place to Work For
Senior Life (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJune 11, 2016
Good management, no stress, and good work schedule. The benefits are good. Co-workers are good hard working people and easy to get along with. Overall it is not a company to retire from because it is a non profit organization and if they don't receive any funds from the government there will be layoffs.
Pros
Good Management & Co workers
Cons
Easy layoffs
fast paced environment
Server (Current Employee) –  deerfieldSeptember 30, 2015
CJE is a good place to work. The environment is very fast paced so the days go by quick. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with orders when we are short staffed, which is quite often.
Overall Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 4, 2014
A typical day at work is very busy in my role. There is a lot of responsibility and communication with both the families of the community and the residents who live there. I have learned in the years that I have been there that for me the resident's well-being comes first. I have gained a lot of knowledge of all aspects of my role with hands on training since there was practically none provided. My co-workers are nice people and everyone including the residents are on a first name basis.
Pros
Major Jewish Holiday off, family environment
Cons
Price of Healthcare coverage for families, growth
Cje SeniorLife, Is a good place to work for.
In-Home Flex Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2014
Over all Cje SeniorLife, Is not a bad place to work, I thank Cje SeniorLife, for helping others. Co-Worker are pretty nice. the hardest part of the job is not being able to spent more time with one client. The most enjoyable part of the work is being able to help and see a smile on the client face at the end of the day.
Pros
Free lunch at staff meeting and/or traning.
Cons
There are no cons.
Working with new people.
Activities Intern (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 3, 2014
Being able to work with seniors and different people every day. and free lunch.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Long breaks.
Productive workplace with many different objectives.
Custodian ● Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILJanuary 22, 2014
Working with this company has more social and enjoyably working with such great co-workers. I was constantly challenged and faced with many obstacles i over came. This showed me i grew as a person and also as an employee. I plan on continuing to grow in any type of work force and ready for new opportunities and experiences.
Pros
working in a public community and building social skills
Cons
short breaks
One of the best work environments, everybody is great and hard working.
Home Delivered Meals Transportation (Former Employee) –  Skokie, IllinoisNovember 18, 2013
The whole day from 9 to 5 is always cheerful and fun, but the hard part is saying good bye to my clients at the end of the day and seeing the loneliness in their faces. A large number of my senior clients have no family and my visit that being a short one of about 20 minutes of conversation and companionship is what they look forward to every other day.
Pros
Working with seniors and low income families and being able to provide not only meals and clothing, but also comfort.
Cons
There is no advancement opportunities.
great job util hours were cut
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
I worked here for five years, love this job. until healh care and hours were cut
Cons
cut hours and heathcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CJE SeniorLife. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight