CJW Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent
Junior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 13, 2018
Volunteering was usually on your own time. I was able to network and make lifelong friends from this. I recommend anyone come volunteer there. I miss Mrs. GIlmore :(
Don't listen to employees
RN in the NICU (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 25, 2018
Customer always right/no understanding personal issues/age bias /
the problems in 2013 was a major shake up in company. Lack of communication between employees and employer.
Benefits
Cons
managers
The hospital was a great place to work
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2018
I worked part time weekends and had to relocate to Florida or I would have applied for a full time job with the hospital in Virginia. It was a good job.
Pros
I worked weekends
Cons
it was only part time
fine
Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
no complaints. job works well. people are friendly. job is stressful but rewarding. amazing staff. love administration. no typical day. full of tasks/
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
There is no typical day at work. I work in the emergency department so we must adapt. Ive learned multiple aspects in my tenure here. Management works well and treats us appropriately. Workplace culture is commendable. The hardest part of the job is not being able to fix a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction.
Poor management
rehab tech (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
The floor I work is poor management and unfair. They show favoritism. Poor staffing I know there are pros and cons everywhere. I learned that you are just a body here your voice does not matter.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Unfairness
Summary
Administrative Coordinator / HCA Of Virginia (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2018
Johnston Willis is a great place to work. I feel like family when I am there. The HR department is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of collaborating with.
Great place to work.
Emergency Department Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 2, 2018
Good management.
Room for advancement in career.
Continuous staff education provided on-site.
Good benefits and salary.
12-hour shifts available.
Pleasant working environment.
short staff
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 1, 2018
Management was okay. He will help out as much as he could. He didiing know to much. Very short staff, employee over work most of the time. It could be better. Pay was low. But to me it was ok.
Friendly staff.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2018
Nice place to work. I love my job but it can be sometimes stressful as much as any other job. Like the tuition reimbursement benefit and the chance to move up the ladder.
Pros
different fun events
Cons
understaffed, not so great healthcare benefits
Small Office and Unfair Schedulin
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 22, 2018
The company hires with acknowledgement that cases are open and assigned by skills. However when new employee are hired, they bump more experienced caregivers out of cases. Skill set are not fairly matched with clients. I have relieved co-workers that have dropped clients during transfers, attempted to give clients incorrect medications and failed to properly bath. Some schedules are double assigned through agency errors.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Bias scheduling
Fast paced environment
Unit Secretary and Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2018
AT the time I worked with a great group of Doctors, Nurses and other team members. I had several different Managers over the years all with new changes.
Pros
Good people on the Medical/Surical Unit
Cons
Short staffed most of the time
Won't work there again!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2018
Recently left surgery center after working there for a brief period. The manager is terrible. She is constantly changing her story, shows preferential treatment to certain employees, and kisses up to the doctors. The surgeons are some of the rudest I've ever encountered and the anesthesiologist are just flat out mean. Don't be fooled thinking this job is a "same day" gig. It should be renamed as "whenever we flippin feel like doing surgery center".
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Schedule changes, poor management, rude staff
34 bed trauma step down
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 8, 2018
Care for a group of patients on busy tele,trauma floor.
Learned to manage care with differing disease processes, with varying backgrounds and ethnicities.
Best part of the job was the coworkers!!!
Perfect
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2018
I enjoyed the job it was hot because I was outside in the sun but I can deal with that I was forever grateful that I was able to help the next person yes I had a situation in the process of directing people someone pulled up on me and he almost cut his arm off so I had to rush him to the emergency room that was a blessing for me cuz I was able to help a
Pros
Perfect
Cons
Great place to advance your nursing career
Nurse Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to grow within the company. Initiative and a positive attitude does not go unnoticed. The hardest part of the job would be work life balance when in management. The best part of the job is the excellent team work.
Pros
excellent nurses and teamwork attitude
Cons
difficult work life balance
great people!
Registered Nurse, ED (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 12, 2018
Great people. management seems occasionally disconnected from workers. Also, HCA being a for profit institute, a lot of decisions are money based vs based on staff needs / other factors.
I love my job
Intensive Care Unit RN (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 4, 2018
Great place to work for. Nice coworker and amazing team work. I would give 5 stars to all of the following:
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 26, 2018
Great opportunity to work here, excellent coworkers. Flexible schedule at times. Benefits good. Wish there was more advancement for lpn. Great job for someone coming out of nursing school.
Loved!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 1, 2018
Johnston Willis is a good hospital and good place to work. I worked in the OR and it was a team effort. Patient care is number one there. I would recommend anyone to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CJW Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.