Clackamas Community College Employee Reviews

Welcoming
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 11, 2018
The atmosphere was friendly and managers cared for its employees. The supervisor worked to help the employees succeed and helped them any way they could.
Basically a good place to teach
COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 9, 2018
Teaching Community College students feeds my soul, and it has been a delight to be a member of the part-time faculty here at CCC.
Hardest part is having fewer classes to teach as CCC moves into the Guided Pathways program.
Great new president who is very compassionate and friendly.
Part-time faculty is not as well supported by administration as it should be.
Pros
Students and Faculty friends. Hourly pay rate is excellent.Nice campus.
Cons
Challenges PTF's face with Administration. Lack of benefits unless you teach a lot of hours, which are not always easy to get.
Productive fun place to work with a forever changing clientele.
Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, OR 97045August 8, 2018
I enjoyed the job itself as the work delegated daily was coordinated and manageable. You had to be able to multi task and critique certain tasks. The job itself required good communication skills to deal with staff members as well as co-workers. I was able to feel self accomplishment at the end of each day.
Pros
I was able to get an employee discount
Cons
Short breaks and no health benefits and hours cut.
Fun hard work
Trail Worker (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, OregonJuly 23, 2018
Had fun working with coworkers and supervisors. Was always working unless it was break time or lunch time. Worked hard all the time and was appreciated by all employers.
Pros
Fun work area
Amazing environment for those looking for a 1st job
Student Support Provider / Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJune 21, 2018
My supervisors and Managers were very supportive and understanding, everyone in the office worked like a team and we all looked out for one another. There was no such thing as a typical day, there was always an event to get done or prepare for and every day was different. I learned a lot about running and managing an office as well as developing my book keeping skills when I was placed in charge of our Lost and Found and Locker Rental Records. The hardest part of the job would have to have been after I completed all of my work early I was just sitting at the front desk waiting for people to walk in.
Pros
Great work environment, no experience required
Cons
Large learning curve for the position
Part-time job for me
EMT Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 21, 2018
I only worked as a lab instructor, so I don't have a lot to add about working at Clackamas Community College. The job served its purpose for me and I was happy working there.
Classroom instruction
Full Time Nursing Instructor/Cohort Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 20, 2018
The work day is split between in class instruction and lab work. Offsite visits to hospitals and clinics for clinical instruction are a part of the weekly instruction.
Pros
Cons
some
It was fun
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 23, 2018
It was a good place and I met lots of new people and friends I enjoyed my time there. There was not enough hours in the day to work and couldn’t eat more hours in because we were limited.
Pros
Time to do home work
Cons
Not enough hours
Not very supportive of adjunct faculty
Adjunct GED Faculty (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMarch 26, 2018
Part time faculty have real struggles at Clackamas. While the hourly rate of pay is one of the highest in the state, HR is combative with the PTF union, there is frequent disregard for PTF rights in numerous departments, and full time positions are often given to new/outside candidates rather than current part time faculty.
Great job for a Post 9/11 Veteran
Student Veteran Advocate (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMarch 20, 2018
This job is great for a full-time college student pursuing a bachelors degree. I have worked here for the past year and I've loved it, but I'm trying to find a job to work towards pursuing my career
Great place to work/teach
ABE/GED Instructor (Current Employee) –  Molalla, ORMarch 5, 2018
I love teaching at this college my co-workers are very supportive and the students are really wonderful. It is great to work with nice people. I also like all the planned activities.
Pros
great staff, helpful people, and calm work environment
Cons
long drive from home for me.
Enjoyed my part time instructor position.
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 25, 2018
Until the College terminated the Drafting Technology Department, I enjoyed part time (mostly evening classes) teaching a variety of courses. The students were eager, and the course materials focused on current industry standards.
Loved working with students
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 15, 2018
For five to six years, I worked with students struggling in their academic courses. My greatest accomplishment I believe was helping a special needs student develop the skills to write a five-paragraph essay. Thank you CCC for giving me the opportunity.
Family like environment, most all were there to help!!
Dept. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 13, 2018
When I worked for CCC I enjoyed going to work. I felt as if the job I was doing was truly helping people. My department helped to re-educate individuals and get them back in the workforce after life knocked them down. I would probably still be there if we did not decide to start a family.
Pros
Room to move or advance in many ways.
Cons
I couldn't bring my son to work
Student
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with other students and faculty to create open forums for new projects. I am glad to have been part of those. I learned a lot about public speaking and got comfortable speaking in large crowds.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place
Peer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORFebruary 7, 2018
Loved the staff and the environment. Everyone there was always very helpful and I would suggest them as an employer to anyone that is interested in gaining employment there.
School
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORDecember 24, 2017
I worked in the work study program. It was not very helpful in my work experience. Managers were very rude and not helpful whatsoever. Would not recommend this to anyone.
Fun workplace
Advanced Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORDecember 10, 2017
Environment was fun and collaborative. Very awesome experience, learned a lot and had fun. Really good people to work for. I recommend this to anyone that is wanting to tutor
Good environment to learn
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 25, 2017
Teachers were able to teach me to learn customer service skill. Answered the phone and helped student when they had question using computers and doing their homework.
A very satisfying job.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORSeptember 26, 2017
Clackamas Community College is a great place to work IF you enjoy teaching; satisfaction gained from appreciative students is the number one perk. The CAD facilities were very up-to-date. The only reason I stopped teaching is the entire Drafting Technology Department was terminated.
Pros
Great students and facilities
Cons
No extra benefits