Claims Bureau USA Employee Reviews

Case Manager
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 15, 2018
My case manager was not realistic and expected me to work cases by myself that clearly needed at least two investigators. After I refused a case due to security issues, they never contacted me again.
Stay away!
Investigator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 9, 2018
They prey on new grads here. Management creates a horrible environment in which they tell you one thing but do another. They hire you as part time with full time hours that’ way they give a few benefits as possible. Also when it slows down and you only get 10 hours for the week there is nothing you can do about it.

The only good thing about the job is I get to put it down for experience on my resume when I leave. Once you start here you will be looking to leave. They don’t care about your safety or you as a human being.

Did I mention, the management is horrible. I know, I know, I already said it, but had to reiterate it. Use your education and go anywhere but here.
Pros
Cons
The list goes on
no advancement
Sr. Investigator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 13, 2018
long hours , work weekends and holidays , extended work at home ( reports ) not paid for .....no advancement , 12 hours surveillence , hard to stay awake
Work from home fail
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 23, 2017
Initially this job appeared to be exactly what I was looking for, and on the surface it was. However, the training was difficult in the sense that you were either left completely alone, or with someone breathing down your neck. When finally sent home to work from home, management was hard to reach for assistance, and the work became miserable to complete.
Awesome managers but complicated
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 16, 2016
The managers are awesome. Everyone is pretty lenient and you can wear whatever you want whether you are an investigator or work at the office. You can also say when you need a day off and they have no problem with it. They also pay for your gas at the end of each day as well as anything you may need to purchase during your investigation.

Now for the bad stuff.

You have to buy your own supplies, the hours are all over the place and can be cut short depending on the case; the pay is not that great considering what you have to do; you're on a 90 day probation period so plan on no benefits for that time; the paperwork is ridiculous and has to be done all sorts of ways and sent to all sorts of people so it's very stressful; and the training is too short and you may or may not learn that much depending on what happens.

Overall, it's good for experience but it's too stressful.
Pros
They pay for gas and you go to your case from your home.
Cons
Low pay, loads of stress, unknown days and hours.
Working on my own, not much interaction with coworkers
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 22, 2015
Typically on a normal day i drive to the claimant's residence for a surveillance sit. I monitor and document any actions they have throughout the day. I obtain video evidence to provide to the customer's who hired my company. After my surveillance is complete, I write a report on my findings within the case. I send my reports and any video evidence to my manager,
Pros
I am basically my own boss, almost always granted requested days off
Cons
Long work hours, unpredictable work hours, long stake outs