CLAIMS VERIFICATION, INC Employee Reviews

Do not waste your time
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleFebruary 8, 2019
Work in all areas is non existent. They are hiring people at 600 dollars week but yet no work is coming in to keep them busy. Management is rude and condescending. The company is falling apart but the office blames everyone that left as the core of the problem. The owner needs to fire all HR personnel/financial department and all managers and restructure the company. CVI needs to bring their day to day operation into the future. Security and technology should be on the top of their list right next to marketing in efforts to build the company. Also, CVI should pay their investigators more then they do.
Pros
None at this point
Cons
Too many to list
CVI, a great company to work for.
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2018
After 11 years with CVI, I am just looking for a change. CVI has provided me with valuable investigative skills in many aspects of the job. My time spent with CVI has been enjoyable.
Pros
Flexibility, without micro management.
Cons
At this point in time, more hours are required for me to maintain a quality of living.
Rip to cvi
Investigator (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 27, 2018
It's a shame what this company has become. People who have no idea how the industry works or operates somehow, someway, were able to take over and run the company directly off of a cliff. This place had VPs and managers that were respected by the entire field staff and clients alike, yet every last one being run right out of the company with the theory that literally everyone in management was paid too much (except for the lady that has never done anything besides push the +/- key of course). Now this company is all but dead with almost their entire client portfolio gone and 75% of the investigative staff jumping ship since the spring.

If you have no other choice, then good luck. What was once a thriving business is on life support.
Pros
None at this point, but there were many.
Cons
Everything. The people who are ACTUALLY in charge are clueless.
Great Company!!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 17, 2018
Well paid. Long hard hours yet they would compensate you and have your pay fed ex’d If it was incorrect. Flexible schedule and great benefits . You are compensated and treated fairly
Pros
Flexible
Horrible
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 25, 2018
Worst PI firm out there. Pay is very low, management is uneducated and incompetent. Don’t even apply - go work for a real company. Working 12-16 hour days, long drives, low pay and horrible benefits.
Pros
ZERO. Worst place to work.
Cons
Everything. No work/life balance, they don’t like married or employees with kids. They discourage time away.
Trailblazer
Investigator (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 9, 2018
This company is an inovator and has been around since the 1970's. They have made significant contributions to the entire industry and have trained some of the industry's most experienced professionals.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
High degree of autonomy
Out of Business
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 4, 2018
They are out of business. Direct manager was phenomenal. Pay was atrocious. High turnover. Relaxed atmosphere, great home/work balance. Busy time was only during the Summer
Review
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 23, 2018
Excellent Manager. All aspects of this job were enjoyable aside form the salary. Private company made it difficult to get yearly raises. I was only offered a significant raise when I left,
Na
Client Service /Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 5, 2018
I had a very good experience with this fabulous corporation I learned alot there had great cowo rkers had great experience with mangement ..........................
Cvi
Private Investigator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
I liked that I got to travel out of state for this job for a few investigations. I did surveillance for worker's comp claims which could be exciting or dull depending on the case. Long hours in my car watching people do nothing or yard work when they were not supposed to. But surveillance always had an exciting sense about it with CVI.
They have good volume of work to provide you with
Field Surveillance Investigator- Midwest (Current Employee) –  Worked out of MidwestMarch 15, 2018
Prior to starting surveillance you complete a pre-surveillance investigation which you work off of during your surveillance. The hardest part of your job is staying motivated on each and every case.
Pros
Make your own schedules.
Cons
Very busy from May thru November
Not good life balance and unreasonable low compensation
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 2, 2017
You will be expected to operate our own region as a "private company", with not comparable compensation, including travel. Benefits: you can work from home
Pros
work from home
Cons
overworked and unorganized management
interesting place
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 10, 2016
the tech shop is small with only 2 full time staffers, both are nice and know their stuff. Got lots of practice doing laptop repair
Not a good place to work
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 4, 2016
Horrible company. They do not pay enough for the job description. You put alot of wear and tear on your personal vehicle and do not get compensated for it. Alot of out-of-pocket expense, that is reimbursed but sometimes you have to wait more than 3 weeks to recieve your money back. They don't care about your family time. You are expected to work 6 to 7 days a week at all times and every holiday.
Pros
Experience
Not the greatest
investigator (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 3, 2015
It is better companies out there. This company doesn't really care about their employees, especially if you are a single parent. Its times I don't see my child until its time for her to go to bed for weeks. Can't even make doctors appointments because you never know when you have to work. They make you drive your own vehicle and don't offer a vehicle stipend for wear and tear. I have to drive anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3.0 for almost everyone of my cases.
Pros
Some ability for a flexible schedule, no one looking over your shoulder every 5 minutes.
Cons
They don't care about you having family life outside of company, Too much out of pocket expense and having to wait to get it back, Pay should be more for what we do.
Fun learning environment.
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Great place to intern at with great people. Easy going work environment. A good place to learn at with a lot of experienced people.
Misleading
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 18, 2015
In this company, you end up spending more money than you make. Your gas and mileage are reimbursed but they do not give any stipends for using your own vehicle like other companies do. You have to put a lot of miles on your vehicle and more than normal wear and you do not get compensated. The pay is not enough for all of the extra expenses to take on just working for the company.
Pros
Ablilty to have a flexible schedule (some of the time)
Cons
The compensation is too low for the work.
Claims Verification di
INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working as a Private investigator.

The issue with this company is that their HUB is based out of the East Cost. There labor and driving instructions differ from California.

Great Salary

You have to have EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE hours.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Did not know Californai law
Great company
Mid- Atlantic Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2015
CVI gave me my start in the investigative field almost 17 years ago. They trained me the right way, gave me a great opportunity as the Mid-Atlantic Regional Manager and provided all the support and mentoring one could hope for. It allowed me to build my region into one of the top billing spots, showed increase employee retention and customer satisfaction. These were really good people to work for.
Pros
good management, family atmosphere, great opportunities, excellent pay/compensation
Cons
Great learning experience and place to work
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Boston MAOctober 14, 2014
A great start to a career in the Private Investigation field.