Claire's Employee Reviews

Found 1,878 reviews matching the search See all 2,567 reviews
fast paced and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2018
Handling registers, shipment, store recovery, daily paperwork all at the same time while working alone. Did 3-15 ear-piercings daily and helping various customers at the same time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Not the best place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 11, 2018
District manager didn’t care if you worked 12+ hr shifts everyday with no breaks. Very poor management when it comes to balancing your life along with work. Would not recommend anyone to apply here
Pros
Enjoyable Environment, Work by yourself
Cons
Management, No Flexibility, Long Hours
Fun and "happening" work environment to be in.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 10, 2018
I gained knowledge of many aspects of management, sales, tracking inventory and shrink.
I learned how to create sales tables/ displays and market the products that we wanted to move.
I was able to work in a fast paced sales environment, actively up sale and ensure a happy guest experience.
I was responsible for all the closing procedures, making deposits, supervising other employees and meeting sales goals.
Pros
always chance for more hours if sales are steady
Cons
Not enough pay.
Never had i worked somewhere this bad
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Primm, NV 89019November 8, 2018
Employees are rude and take advantage of you. When promised hours they give you 1 day of work. Which isn't enough for anything. The manager there before I left was more focused on her hours then senority of other staff.
Fun and exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waikoloa, HI 96738November 7, 2018
Outgoing, creative and motivated individuals in this field of work. Ear piercings can be exciting and rewarding for a customer and for an employee. As and employee you get a 50% discount on store items.
stressful
Third Key (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 6, 2018
work environment very stressful and uncomfortable. favoritism in the workplace with zero opportunity to advance. very few hours as they can schedule you for with very low compensation and no benefits
This place screamed excitement
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2018
I genuinely loved this place. I was a third key manager so depending on the shifts I would either open or close the store. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was piercing th older customers ears.
Fun if fully staffed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 6, 2018
I started from the bottom and quickly rose to Store Manager position. Working here definitely brought me out of my shell and taught me a lot about working with people. It's a different kind of retail being a role model for young girls and getting to show your creative and fun side. Honestly, I love the company but recent happenings has turned me off to working here. It's a very fun place to work when it stays organized and fully staffed. If you have employees that don't care it can get very messy very quickly and very overwhelming. As a store manager, I'm constantly putting out fires even on my days off and dealing with unreliable people... But so is the life of retail. Upper management gets overwhelmed and expects you to deal with everything yourself and hire/recruit for yourself. Also, expectations are very high considering the amount of hours we recieve. Even if you're not short staffed you don't get the hours you really need to complete certain tasks. But overall a great place to learn. I would recommend as a first starting job.
Pros
Fun, opportunity for growth, benefits for full time, Pto
Cons
High expectations with not enough incentive
Fun and productive workplace
Store Manager and Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33172November 4, 2018
Very fun and productive workplace. Was responsible for hiring training and traveling to other stores. Updated stores. Worked hand-in-hand with district managers and regional managers.
Awful
PT Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 2, 2018
Managment is horrible with this company! Leadership is too worried about their own advancment that they cut corroners lie on time sheets, deposite forms and have other people lie for them as well. I was pt assistant managment and my main manager never came into work and would over ride the system and change her own time sheets and pull time away from me to make the numbers balance. aka stealing from me! i tried to go up the chain of command and was not listened to at all told i was a liar. HORRILBE COMPANY!!
Pros
discounts
Cons
managment
Keyholder/ASM
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 2, 2018
I will never have another experience like I did working at Icing (DBA of Claire's.) I worked my tail off at 4 different locations (3 Icing's, 1 Claire's.) I worked at the location in Milford, CT as the assistant manager. I took full responsibility as if it were my own store. I made it my personal mission to take this store out of its negative streak. I am responsible for pulling out the stretch goal in quarter 2 for this store and I have the numbers to prove it. After being such a good employee in this store, I could no longer take the verbal abuse that I endured from the store manager. I transferred to the Trumbull, CT store. My district manager said that if I worked at the Trumbull location that when the assistant manager position became available, it would be mine. The position became available and I was soon forgotten about. After maintaining high metrics and selling high priced items like our $100 diamond earring, I was left in the dust. I did such a good job but I was taken for granted.
Pros
60% off discount, girly environment
Cons
Low wages, long hours, unpredictable management
It just wasn’t for me
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 2, 2018
When I applied as a third key holder I was very excited I enjoy the girly fun environment I wanted it to work but it just wasn’t the hours I anticipated I usually was scheduled once a week and I wasn’t informed that they did a thing called on call until after I was already hired so the way on call works there is u call 2 hours ahead of your scheduled on time hours which could be anywhere from 3-7 or from 1-6 and I assumed those would be the hours I would cover but the hours they ask you to come in could be any hours you are literally on call for 4 hours which is a bit ridiculous to me I’ve never had an on call schedule so I don’t know how normal that is I just don’t agree with it I just prefer a sure schedule of sure hours I don’t like inconvenience and having to set out 4 hours thinking I’ll get called into work. I also didn’t like that often if running behind I would just be asked to clock out and wouldn’t be able to leave until I took off the merchandise I’m required to display my time at the store I feel like I should clock out after I’ve taken everything off and retag what I was required to put on that way I leave the work place when I’m actually complete. I love the brand maybe just working under these conditions just wasn’t for me
Pros
Cute store fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, also stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2018
Great job some days too much stress others, easy work, but lack of hours, lots of drama, lots of required days, fun atmosphere, enjoy working with children
Pros
Decent pay, easy work
Cons
Lack of hours, people, and work life balance
not enough employees
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 29, 2018
Many shifts are single person coverage making it nearly impossible to balance large crowds of parents and children.
Floor sets often times did not match many stores floor plans, making it nearly impossible to meet company standards.
Pros
good overtime
Cons
Too many hours and not enough coverage
Busy work schedule with low employment and high turnover rate
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 28, 2018
Working at Claire's was enjoyable at first and quickly turned stressful. As a part-time employee I ended up working full-time hours every week, sometimes working more than one open to close shift a week.
The management changed often and fluctuated in professionalism.
All-in-all it wasn't a terrible experience and it would be a great starter job or part-time job.
Pros
Discounts on all merchandise and piercings
Cons
Low employee count and long workdays with lower pay
Claire's
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDOctober 25, 2018
working at Claire's was fun, yet stressful. a lot of stock, planagrams and inventory. In all I like working for this company because they have lots of fun stuff for little girls.
Pros
being able to get discounts on fun stuff
Cons
theft
A typical day at work
Claire's (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day was relaxed and really fun. Your coworkers become part of your family every one got along. Every day you got to pierce ears and make your costumers happy.
fun
third key (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 22, 2018
I loved working at claires, but management was not the best. I loved all the customers and piercing ears and able to rearrange and organize the store according to the organization plan.
Stressful and demanding
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 21, 2018
Working at Claire's had its ups and downs. I highly enjoyed working there initially, however after a month or so I was not satisfied with the lack of benefits.
This is a temporary retail job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
This is a great way to start to learn your life strategy. The customers are more fun than the actually requirements. There was just too little employees at the busiest times of operation
Pros
Fun
Cons
Overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claire's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight