Claire's Employee Reviews

friendly staff and management
only a total of 4 employees to run location including management
Sales Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 13, 2018
Creative opportunities to work with children planning birthday parties or adding jewelry to outfits for prom, banquets and more! Also, training for ear piercings for children to adults.
Pros
not always busy, 50% employee discount
Cons
retail hours
Fun workplace
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 13, 2018
The manager is amazing and very helpful with customers. She is very flexible and fair if you have any problems or anything. It was a very fun and comfortable workplace. I learned how to deal with many different types of customers and how to pierce ears.
Was a great first time job
3rd key holder (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 10, 2018
Was a good first job the manager was really awesome at helping ke grow in my position. The work was pretty fun and kept busy most of the day. I enjoyed working there.
Fun Environment overall
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2018
Great first start into the retail world. Good company, fun customer, and great product. Latest trends and fashion. Great fun marketing. Ear piercing training needs to be more thorough
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
training
One of the worst jobs Ive had
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 4, 2018
Claires is easily the worst job i have ever worked. You work alone almost all the time, leaving you to do shipment, make daily changes and deal with customers by yourself constantly. If all of these things are not done 100%, you would get a write up from your upper management and they would say you were not doing enough despite all the effort you put into it. Staff was almost always short which would leave you working unexpected doubles and taking shifts you were not supposed to have to work. Forget having a family life or any life outside of claires..they want all of you all the time. Stay away. Far far away.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working alone, not a lot of pay, nasty management, discrimination
going of business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 2, 2018
The only reason I would not recommend working at Claire's is because the company is going bankrupt and will be closing stores. All in all, I loved my job
Pros
discounts
Cons
closing stores
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Creek State Park, COJune 1, 2018
Claire's is a fun environment to work in. They provide good health benefits and opportunities to travel throughout the state. I learned great customer service skills and meet amazing people, I would recommend this job to anyone.
Great People to work With/Pay not Great
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 31, 2018
I came in with previous experience and asked for what I felt I would be worth to the company. They then gave me over a dollar less than what I asked for. It was fine at the time, but my living situation and circumstances have changed and they want me to hold out for another 4 months to POSSIBLY get a raise.
stressful work place would not work with this company ever again
3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 30, 2018
typical work day is not the best most days I was there alone for the majority of my shifts. I learned how to pierce ears that is all I took away from working with this company. management was not the best while I worked here both upper and lower management were very disappointing. hardest part of thee job is mostly working alone in busy hours the job is not worth it for what you get paid I had another job while working at claires because the pay sucked. I did not enjoy working here it was just a job.
Pros
no pros
Cons
n/a
Unprofessional
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 29, 2018
Very unprofessional nobody is fully trained including management. 16 year olds are allowed to pierce untrained. District managers were rude and fake. Nobody should have to deal with piercing and a store full of customers alone at 9am
Pros
Worked in a mall, quick paced
Cons
Horrible management
Fun place to work
third key holder (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 29, 2018
The hardest part of the job was having to stand up for hours at a time and not being able to wear comfortable shoes. Also you are left alone to work at night.
Perfect for a first Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 27, 2018
Although there was a lot to do, it was quite manageable and definitely fun. You learn lots of new skills and techniques while on the job, such as: ear piercing, suggesting things that would go together, asking open-ended questions to get more information about the customer you're working with so that they can have a better experience, problem-solving, and many more.
Pros
Always knowing what's trendy with young girls
Cons
low pay
Fast paced customer service
Third Key (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 24, 2018
Overall good work environment with fast paced, usually busy days. Very busy during the holiday season and on weekends. Based on location summers can be very slow.
Loved the atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCMay 23, 2018
I loved working with the people at the store, but the people who were over the store such as the DM expected the store to run differently than it could. They had so much inventory and yet had no space.
Fun workplace and very nice coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 22, 2018
I love working at claires because you are always interacting with people; music is playing at every time; most of the employees are nice, funny and they are willing to help you when you need them.
Pros
Fun environment, easy job
Cons
A little poor pay for sales associates
Office Environment was Stressful
Payroll Associate - Connect Search (Claire's) (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 22, 2018
The particular department I worked in was awful. The workplace culture did not allow employees to interact. Although the company promoted team building events, the department made employees log off of company time to participate. Employees were afraid to talk to each other, it was an extremely strained and unfriendly environment.
Pros
Supplemented meals
Cons
Unfriendly environment
Poor
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 21, 2018
The managers were unhelpful. Store was poorly managed. Secret shoppers actually took pictures of the workers. Managers expect you to dress up on weekends in a theme.
Good
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMay 20, 2018
The managers were nice but it was really bad having work by yourself constatnly. Sometimes youd get an ear piercing and have people waiting to check out at the same time and it got very stressful. also the theft is insane
Pros
fun job, young environment
Cons
no breaks, work by yourself
Just a part time to get you by
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2018
Management is paid very well but puts lots of pressure and work on new hires that don’t know how to work yet.

As high season comes they hire girls and then drop there hours to the floor minimum when they no longer want you.

They don’t fire you. Management puts lots of pressure on you or doesn’t give you any hours and only keeps you on call so tgat you quit your job.
Pros
Discounts at 50%
Cons
Bad management skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Claire's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight