Clara Martin Center Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTMay 17, 2019
Very stressful, lacks support, lacks communcation. Superviors want more work with less time to be able to get it done, too much paperwork not enough time spent with clients.
Pros
4 weeks of vacation, plus holidays, clients
Cons
lots of stress around getting paperwork in, but not enough time to be able to do it.
Company supporting local residents
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTJanuary 11, 2018
This is a well established health and human services agency serving a large rural area. Dedicated and caring staff making a difference in the lives of those they serve. This type of work is typically high stress and low compensation. A bit disorganized and could have provided better/more support to providers.
Pros
working with families and children in need
Cons
disorganized at times
Supportive work environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wilder, VTAugust 6, 2017
This agency is supportive of emplyees ability to balance life and work. I find that my office is client focused. Wish they offered more money, I would be more likely to stay longer.
A comprehensive program that offered a wide variety of mental health and community support services in our greater catchment area.
Child and Family Clinical Program Director (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTApril 17, 2017
Though I enjoyed the supervisory and clinical responsibilities required of this position, I found that there was an imbalance on the focus of service delivery by the CEO and upper-level management team. Professional development was not encouraged as much as employees would have liked. Though fiscal competency is crucial to the maintenance and well-being of any organization; there seemed to be an over-emphasis on spending down the medicaid dollars and much less on high quality service provision. As a clinician of many years, I found this quite disappointing.
Pros
Wide-range of services provided to regional youth populations and their families.
Cons
The emphasis on fiscal solvency, poor staff supervision, little opportunity for professional development or advancement, salaries were not competitive with similar agencies.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, VTApril 3, 2015
Clara Martin Center is a mental health agency that truly cares about their clients and their staff. While community mental health is not know for being able to pay high wages, they make up for it with flexibility and time off benefits. You will not find a place with better people to work with or for. The hardest is to see the client's daily struggles. The most enjoyable is to see them succeed and prosper. It's an emotional roller coaster but is worth the ride.
High turn over and Unethical
Hospital Diversion (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTJanuary 27, 2015
This agency is ran off a ladder of interweaving personal relationships. There is a lack of support from all supervisors. There is no room for having independent thoughts or ideas. Sharing your ideas, or concerns typically results in termination. A typical day at work was spent trying to track down my supervisor. It was frowned upon to go up the chain and ask for help. The other staff, clinicians and co workers were of great help, and also over worked and not appreciated. The hardest part of the job was management, easiest and most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. Best of luck to anyone who is still struggling there.
Pros
The clients
Positive atmosphere
Mobile Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, VTMarch 25, 2014
Enjoyed varied job duties, in office, in the field, weekly team meetings. Co-workers were supportive.

Supervision was lax and did not respond to requests for supervision when made.

A typical day would combine work with clients, meetings, office work and driving clients.

Hardest part of the job...lack of supervision and inadequate information about certain clients.

The clients were wonderful and interesting folks who had genuine need.
Pros
varied duties
Cons
supervisor worked one hour away... saw maybe 1 x monthly on average.
Hard working and great clinical staff
Site Coordinator for Child and Family Program (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTDecember 13, 2012
I worked four 10-hour days of work, which I loved. The clinical co-workers were some of the best that I have ever encountered. I learned some modesty, as far as speaking your mind even if it is for a good cause. How you say it counts as much as what you say.
That was the hardest part of the job. Not being able to balance my own budget as I saw fit, and where I felt the clients needs were best served, but having to wait for managerial decisions.
By far the best part of the position was when I got the family good news, it made them so happy and that is worth more than anything in the world.
Pros
four 10-hour work days; great colleagues; people job
Cons
often frustrating lack of finances for important decisions you need to make for the families